Author Topic: RIP Adrian Cronauer(the real one)  (Read 1069 times)

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
RIP Adrian Cronauer(the real one)
« on: 20 July 2018, 23:04:59 »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/adrian-joseph-cronauer-real-life-good-morning-vietnam-dj-is-dead-at-79/

Pity he passed away.  Of course, he wasn't the only one to do the Dawn Breakers show, but he was probably one of the first ones, and the most recognizable ones, outside of Pat Sajak.   :'(
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Failure16

• Captain
  • Better Days
Re: RIP Adrian Cronauer(the real one)
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2018, 07:44:16 »
A loss that we, as a society, will begin to feel ever keener as time wears on.  That generation, which includes all the countries that participated and not just the United States, is beginning to age out and when it does, we will all be the poorer.  They never got the positive recognition that their fellows in other conflicts prior and since have gotten (but more than Korea), even though they endured the same relative hardships.

Godspeed to him and his fellows of that era.
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth,                                And through villages of ether
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.                   Oh, my crucifixion comes
When I needed something good.                                         One day we'll reveal the truth,                    Will you sing my hallelujah?
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.      That one will die before he gets there.       Will you tell me when it's done?
But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra                                                      --C. Love
--A. Duritz

Register