Author Topic: GHR-7P  (Read 3170 times)

willydstyle

• Captain
GHR-7P
« on: 11 May 2012, 02:53:37 »
I just put this guy together, and figured you lot might like to see what the mini looks like :D  I'm rather pleased with the head and torso, but the legs leave something to be desired.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
Re: GHR-7P
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2012, 03:00:40 »
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. The online shop I ordered from made a mistake and forgot to put it into the package...

want it, want it, want it, want it, want it, want it, want it, want it
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2012, 03:11:08 »
My FLGS makes a point to stock all new BT product as soon as it is released, even though it's not a top seller.

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2012, 04:32:22 »
Has a tiny pelvis/waist to the rest of it.  I'll still pick up some, so they might continue making the XTRO variants.

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2012, 04:35:55 »
Looking at the art again, I think the whole torso should definitely be a bit beefier.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2012, 06:21:28 »
It looks pretty close to me. The feet could probably be made a little smaller, but Grasshoppers have always had a pretty narrow / angular torso.

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2012, 07:09:57 »
 [drool] now that I have seen it I want one. My FLGS did not have one in stock last time I made it down. (30 mile drive) Hope they will today!!

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2012, 07:50:52 »
Has a tiny pelvis/waist to the rest of it. 

It does appear that casting was not kind to that part. C'est la vie. The brown had the top of the legs and the waist parallel.

Looking at the art again, I think the whole torso should definitely be a bit beefier.

While some thought was given to that option, a close look at the mini showed that the change, if remaining in-scale, would amount to a difference of a couple mm at best. Given that the assignment was only to modify the head and change the weapons of the existing mini to match the TRO:Prototypes version, I felt the structural changes that allowed for far more posing options were of greater benefit than having to basically re-do the torso for a mm or two of width.

I look forward to seeing how adventurous people get with the posing of this piece; this isn't your father's Grasshopper mini stuck in a standing pose!

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2012, 09:04:27 »
It does appear that casting was not kind to that part. C'est la vie. The brown had the top of the legs and the waist parallel.

I think I can live with it anyway.  I'm sure some enterprising kitbasher will come up with a different one.  Appreciate that IWM is doing some of the wickedly cool looking new art. O0

I look forward to seeing how adventurous people get with the posing of this piece; this isn't your father's Grasshopper mini stuck in a standing pose!

Aye, while I always liked the GRH, both sculpts had such static poses.  Now we'll get some reposes to match that high intensity fighter line from the fluff.

BARNESGN

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 11 May 2012, 11:14:13 »
Looks Sweet

whistler

• Lieutenant
  • We can out-maneuver /most/ fortifications
« Reply #10 on: 13 May 2012, 10:19:09 »
i think it turned out pretty well... better than the Thunderbolt IIC, thats for sure sure.
Quote from: 3rdCrucisLancers
Whistler is not only a noted winner, he's a man's man, a generous philanthropist, a noted big game hunter, and a lover and a dancer. If he had a mustache it would be impeccably waxed. When he marches off to war, everyone else stays home.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2012, 01:33:35 »
Has a tiny pelvis/waist to the rest of it.  I'll still pick up some, so they might continue making the XTRO variants.
I'm of the opposite opinion.
I'm annoyed that we get resulpts & variant configurations when there are so many units out there that have never even had a FIRST sculpt, let alone all the Fan Financed stuff that is payed for & sitting on the back burner.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Register