Author Topic: CW's the 100.  (Read 1751 times)

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
CW's the 100.
« on: 25 April 2018, 23:14:33 »
Since the older thread is over 6 mo old, i thought i'd start a new one, for the newest season, rather than bringing the old one back..

So we started the new season yesterday, and it did imo a decent job showing Clarke surviving on her own, till she found that other survivor, and those who went up into space.. BUT no mention of those in the bunker..
BUT from the previews for next week's ep it doesn't look good for those IN the bunker..
As to the new arrivals, seems some who were saying they were prisoners from another area, were spot on.. 
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Re: CW's the 100.
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2018, 00:33:44 »
This is one show that likely should have not on for another season. I find Clarke to be the most annoying of all the charaxters in the show. I still have to watch the season premiere though.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2018, 00:37:33 »
BUT no mention of those in the bunker..

We did see a brief glimpse right at the end, showing some kind of cage fight to the death with Octavia lording over it like the Queen of the Underworld. Looks like they didn't exactly enjoy 6 years of being "Wankru" like Kane and Co. had hoped.

I recently binged rewatched the entire series to date in anticipation of S5 and, man, this show is one of the best for brutal and unflinching stories. I think I was more excited for The 100 to return than I was for any other show this season. And to think that when it premiered, I wrote off the first few episodes as "just another CW show with pretty teens and romantic shenanigans". Boy, was I wrong.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2018, 12:26:29 »
Are you talking about TV series or what?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2018, 15:15:01 »
Are you talking about TV series or what?

Yes: The 100

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2018, 14:48:30 »
So caught all of S5, and MAN what a humdinger, and somewhat sad ending to the season..  I was almost in tears Seeing Montey and his GF have a kid, stay out of the cryo pods, realize that the earth is NOT going to come back, so have to hunt down the planet Egerius 3 found, and say good bye to all their friends the way they did..  It makes me stoked for S6!

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2018, 17:07:00 »
This season dragged quite a bit after a really good first couple of episodes, but they really pulled off one hell of a finale. (Of course, that kind of describes most previous seasons too.)

I’m looking forward to S6 and beyond and, thankfully, it doesn’t seem as if The CW is ready to let this show go any time soon.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 09 August 2018, 23:14:51 »
One news article i read, doing some major cudos to this season's finale, did mention that not only is season 6 greenlit, but the writers are already at work on a 7th too...

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 10 August 2018, 00:27:45 »
This season dragged quite a bit after a really good first couple of episodes, but they really pulled off one hell of a finale. (Of course, that kind of describes most previous seasons too.)

I’m looking forward to S6 and beyond and, thankfully, it doesn’t seem as if The CW is ready to let this show go any time soon.
As long as they keep iZombie, too. Though after how last season ended, I just don't see how they can make it intersesting.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #9 on: 10 August 2018, 01:25:47 »
As long as they keep iZombie, too. Though after how last season ended, I just don't see how they can make it intersesting.

You get one more season of that and done.

In fact, that The CW let Rob Thomas and his crew know that it would be the last season of iZombie is evidence that S6 will not be the last for The 100; usually the network lets showrunners know if it’s their final renewal so they can plan to end accordingly. They did it with iZombie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin for the 2018-2019 season. (Although, that last show was already planning to end after 5 seasons anyway.) So, the reasoning goes, since The CW didn’t tell the producers of The 100 that S6 would be the last, chances are very good that it won’t be.

Hominid Mk II

• Warrant Officer
  • Unofficial, sure. But better than nothing, right?
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2018, 12:51:00 »
I'm wondering first and foremost how much or how little in the way of gratuitous alien-ness there'll be on the unnamed planet the cryo-sleepers are starting to wake up in orbit around. Are we going to get anatomically preposterous bug-eyed monsters created with gratuitous CCG? Or equally preposterous humanoid beings played by human actors in makeup who are nowhere near alien enough for creatures who are supposed to be the product of an entirely different evolutionary history?

They should never have killed off Earth or even done the Apocalypse Two storyline IMO.
Ever felt that The Powers That Were at FASA, WizKids and FanPro never gave Victor Steiner-Davion and the Federated Commonwealth a fair shake in the canon timeline? Then you might be interested in my Victor Victorious AU at

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=65976.0

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #11 on: 15 August 2018, 13:30:49 »
I doubt there will be any aliens. They made a point of saying that the Eligius 3 mission is the one that found this planet, so I’m thinking there will probably already be humans there.

And also, much like BattleTech, the story is more about how much humans can be ****** to each other. No external threat is necessary for that.