Author Topic: What makes the Arkab Legions different?  (Read 14458 times)

Mohammed As`Zaman Bey

• Captain
Re: What makes the Arkab Legions different?
« Reply #60 on: 24 July 2020, 18:59:11 »
Interesting thread.   Several of the Azami worlds ended up in the Republic of the Sphere.  I wonder if the Dark Age would provide an avenue for a RoTS Arkab Legion?
  When I visited a WK site and read the info on the RoTS worlds, they simply cut and paste earlier, published data on the Arkab Worlds. This was prior to the post-Jihad Azami Brotherhood timeline, so nobody bothered to take any steps to flesh out that sub-faction. Later information says at least four major Azami worlds joined the RoTS while Arkab and Algedi remained allies to the DC, the four Azami Legions made it clear that they would independently respond to any persecution of Azami people, within  DC or RoTS borders.

It would make sense for the RoTS to raise planetary militia defense units for the Azami Worlds within their borders, and this was RoTS policy, although battlemechs were limited to one or two per planet. Stone seemed to make it policy to prevent ethnic strife by reducing the emphasis on cultures, although the Northwind Highlanders makes a significant exception to that policy, being one of the few independent, culture/region based units fielded, outside of RoTS regulars.

Post-RoTS would open up more freedom for the Arkab to expand, but that is to be seen. When I first generated my Azami character, I would never have guessed that a barely-mentioned group would eventually become its own faction in the game.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #61 on: 24 July 2020, 20:12:03 »
Interesting thread.   Several of the Azami worlds ended up in the Republic of the Sphere.  I wonder if the Dark Age would provide an avenue for a RoTS Arkab Legion?

Not Stone's organizational method- they would at best have been treated like the Highlanders.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #62 on: 25 July 2020, 08:49:56 »
Do we have a TO&E of the Azami from SL to now,  3150?

Cause it might be nice to see what each era contains and how integrated they are. Anyone up to the challenge?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Mohammed As`Zaman Bey

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 25 July 2020, 17:27:19 »
Do we have a TO&E of the Azami from SL to now,  3150?

In short, no. My copy of NAIS The Fourth Succession War Vol I (FASA 1634), has a scenario where the 6th Arkab Legion is defeated by three Fortress dropships that landed in the middle of their formation (their descent wasn't noticed...) and the Legion forced to retreat. No TOE but the map showed three Heavy lances, four Mediums and two Lights, which are typical IS strengths, not Arkab. Three other Fortress DS were used to cripple the 2nd Sword of Light...who had air assets available... *headdesk*

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #64 on: 25 July 2020, 18:58:03 »
Hmm...

Going by the 'old' Citytech scenario creater, atypical Heavy lance is usually a Light, a Medium and twin Heavy. Or three Mediums and a Heavy and at the extreme end, three lights and a Heavy. But since tanks are usually grouped to gather in same weight class,  I'd think more mediums with a heavier throw.

Sand Devils? Plainsman and Pegi? Some Drillson? What about standard APC of the ever popular, Heavy APC?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register