Author Topic: Kerensky Con Rumors.  (Read 7819 times)

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
Re: Kerensky Con Rumors.
« Reply #30 on: 18 March 2024, 09:12:14 »
...No Nova Cat force, and no Clan protectorate (yet?). Booo
At least we get Jousts, but I was expecting SM1s in here somewhere.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #31 on: 18 March 2024, 09:13:13 »
There's an SM1 coming in Legendary MechWarriors II, at least.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #32 on: 18 March 2024, 09:25:49 »
Damn that's a lot of stuff. Not sure how much longer I'll be able to play "gotta catch 'em all".

Two Kurita packs and still no Wolftrap? Or OMNI Firestarter?

That being said I may wind up buying as many as four Kurita IIs.
I have spoken.

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #33 on: 18 March 2024, 10:00:50 »
...No Nova Cat force, and no Clan protectorate (yet?). Booo
At least we get Jousts, but I was expecting SM1s in here somewhere.

Not yet at least. Some factions have to be last unfortunately.  This list isn't final yet anyways.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #34 on: 18 March 2024, 10:14:08 »
There's always at least a chance that we'll get "army builder" packs with multiples of specific sculpts, like the UrbanMech company.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #35 on: 18 March 2024, 10:21:55 »
All the way until 2027. Im sure things will change.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #36 on: 18 March 2024, 10:30:41 »
All the way until 2027. Im sure things will change.

Until we see pictures and hear "it's on the boat," I won't be surprised by any changes.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 18 March 2024, 11:12:16 »
Not yet at least. Some factions have to be last unfortunately.  This list isn't final yet anyways.

It's less being last and more the frequency with which some factions end up being last that stings.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #38 on: 18 March 2024, 11:29:17 »
They passed up the chance to have the Ostscout with the other 3 OSTs?  :huh:

We HAD the Doom Courser at GC '22.  At least 2 of them, maybe 3.  Shame we have to wait even longer to get them in Metal now.   :cry:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #39 on: 18 March 2024, 11:33:22 »
Will we?

IWM doesn't have to wait to produce metal minis just because Catalyst is producing a plastic one- they made a metal Regent well before we got the plastic one in the GDL lance pack.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Gorgon

• Warrant Officer
  • The little duchy that could
« Reply #40 on: 18 March 2024, 11:34:47 »
It's less being last and more the frequency with which some factions end up being last that stings.

True. But on the upside, it still allows me to hope for a plastic Albatross in any hypothetical Marik pack...
Jude Melancon lives!

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #41 on: 18 March 2024, 11:57:31 »
Will we?

IWM doesn't have to wait to produce metal minis just because Catalyst is producing a plastic one- they made a metal Regent well before we got the plastic one in the GDL lance pack.
But that was ONE mini, out of how many new designs?  Or new redesigns?   :undecided:

No, they don't "Have" to wait, but they DO seem to be waiting for 99% of them.   :cry:  I'm LOVING the new redesigns, but I'd Prefer to have them in Metal over plastic.   :sad:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 18 March 2024, 11:58:22 »
That seems like something to do with IWM and not something to do with Catalyst, so bringing it up as a complaint here will do even less than usual.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #43 on: 18 March 2024, 12:12:22 »
Until we see pictures and hear "it's on the boat," I won't be surprised by any changes.
That is the best approach. Personally I would not be surprised by 6 month delay on the early stuff and 2 year delay on the last stuff.

And that is assuming of course that a pack clears the financial checks of the development/production stages.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #44 on: 18 March 2024, 12:21:16 »
Regardless of exact details, i wonder, what'll happen to existing packs as new ones come out?
Because it seems there'd be limit to how many SKUs stores will offer, and there must be limit to what can be manufactured at once (and shipped and warehoused).

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #45 on: 18 March 2024, 12:27:11 »

Ray Arrastia “Adrian Gideon”: Always. As an aside, anyone that thinks that list is written in stone, I’m very sorry. Things change as often as weekly.

Pin this everywhere BattleTech is discussed. Including people’s homes. Even the creepy basements.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2024, 13:12:50 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #46 on: 18 March 2024, 13:02:22 »
I would love to see a Wolf's Dragoon Support Star with the following mechs:
Hornet, Falcon, Gallowglas, Zeus X, and the IMP.
Or at the least have these mechs get a redesign and IWM puts them out.
But I want my IMP!  :wink:
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #47 on: 18 March 2024, 13:05:05 »
Pin this everywhere BattleTech is discussed. Including people’s homes. Even the creepy basements.

It rolls to start the MASC system, or else it gets the hose again!
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #48 on: 18 March 2024, 13:14:37 »
It rolls to start the MASC system, or else it gets the hose again!

Oh no, it's a Targe!
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: 18 March 2024, 13:19:16 »
I would love to see a Wolf's Dragoon Support Star with the following mechs:
Hornet, Falcon, Gallowglas, Zeus X, and the IMP.

The Zeus X is already in the Steiner ForcePack.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #50 on: 18 March 2024, 13:25:47 »

'Mechs can be repeated.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: 18 March 2024, 13:36:52 »
'Mechs can be repeated.

I was assuming he missed it on the list.  Anyway, I wouldn't expect a 'Mech such as the Zeus X that's not coming out until Q3 of 2025 to be repeated for some time afterwards, if at all.

Tallgiraffe

• Private
« Reply #52 on: 18 March 2024, 13:39:22 »
Man I just wanted a new Comstar box (Celestials aren't quite the same) since we are missing a couple 2750 mechs like the Wyvern. Also the complete lack of Marik/Capellan boxes is concerning.

Gladius-XC

• Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: 18 March 2024, 13:41:19 »

True. But on the upside, it still allows me to hope for a plastic Albatross in any hypothetical Marik pack...

I’m waiting for the Albatross, Optimus Titan, and Tempest.  I’m a little surprised as well by the lack of CC and FWL packs, since they’re primed to be major contenders to the new Ilclan. I guess they’re trying to balance IS and Clan forces.   :smilie_confused_dontknow:

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #54 on: 18 March 2024, 13:46:29 »
I’m a little surprised as well by the lack of CC

I'd certainly be down for some CC 3060 aesthetic action in plastic:

Duan Gung, Sha Yu, Men Shen, Lao Hu, Jinggau, Ti'tsang, Yu Huang, Tian Zong

Few of which are anywhere close to the actual Chinese concepts/words they're trying to evoke, but still...
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: 18 March 2024, 13:56:15 »

Few of which are anywhere close to the actual Chinese concepts/words they're trying to evoke, but still...

The Tian-Zong is coming in the McCarron’s Armored Cavalry Assault Lance later this year.  We'll also be seeing the Helios and the Emperor in the Second Star League Assault Lance.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: 18 March 2024, 14:04:03 »
Man I just wanted a new Comstar box (Celestials aren't quite the same) since we are missing a couple 2750 mechs like the Wyvern. Also the complete lack of Marik/Capellan boxes is concerning.

Obvious answer to this is: this list is just a draft and stuff is still in the works. Another is that there are more pages not shown/released.

And again obviously things are likely to change so they’re not ALL locked in. As an example: I’d bet that one of the Davion packs is accurate and to be released this year. I’d also bet that the Ghost Bear packs are still undergoing work and subject to change.

To exclude two of the five Great Houses on purpose…. Seems odd and unlikely. Especially with them being on top in the BT universe. I’d also state they’re missing a couple other powers on this list like the Snow Ravens for one.

Again we get to wait and see.

The Tian-Zong is coming in the McCarron’s Armored Cavalry Assault Lance later this year.  We'll also be seeing the Helios and the Emperor in the Second Star League Assault Lance.

I TOTALLY forgot about this pack coming out. Need to add it to my list of ‘reasons I’m broke 2024’

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #57 on: 18 March 2024, 14:14:26 »
I just saw the Zeus-X ZEU-X4, but I am looking for the Zeus-X ZEU-9WD.  :wink:
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #58 on: 18 March 2024, 14:15:58 »

All of these, yes. But especially that new art Jinggau. I'd buy enough of these two packs (plus the B&N Big Ma) to field a solid Cappie battalion.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #59 on: 18 March 2024, 14:26:09 »
Keeping in mind this is all still very much in flux: as someone who loves the Berserker, I rather see a Thunderbolt 5SS or 9S in the Steiner pack as we almost never see the Steiner Thuds outside of fan bashes.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com