Author Topic: Collections  (Read 26199 times)

Iron Wolf

• Corporal
Collections
« on: 25 January 2011, 23:09:11 »
I have a hard time parting with my collection. Some of it I have off loaded but I keep complete Clan Wolf and Jade Falcon collections. I have no one to play with anymore but I like pulling them out and putting them on display every so often.

Does anyone still maintain a large collection? What do you do with it?

greenflea

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
  • catalyst demo team agent #340
    • wanna know where to play?
Re: Collections
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 00:43:55 »
i have a rather large collection, it is mostly in boxes. i do have quite a bit of it on display, mostly just the figs i really like.

i am in th the process of getting rid of some of it on another website though....lol
fomer Wizkids Battlemaster
current Catalyst agent #340

Steinerman

• Recruit
  • L.O.K.I.
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2011, 01:46:20 »
Err...my collection steadily grew over the years I've been playing, (which is...about 5 now I think  O.o   still makes me a late-comer to AoD, but oh well).

We still have a 3-6 person group who meets every week in our city for games.  Don't know how things will work out as some are moving off to college and other places, but for now, we're still up and running so my collection has a use : D
Honor, Loyalty, Integrity, Good Sportsmanship.

"Light shines brightest in the deepest dark! Let come the forces of night! We will stand!" Grave Peril, by Jim Butcher

Humansquish

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 03:35:59 »
Sadly my collection mostly sits in boxes in my room. Every once in a while my gaming group plays a game of Mechwarrior.

I figure that for the most part my collection wouldn't sell for much since it isn't in demand, so I hold on to it thinking I might be able to get my nephews to play once they get old enough.
"Oh no. They've made FASAfizzicks in reality. We're doomed."-Dread Moores

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2011, 03:44:42 »
I cannibalize it for mod parts and infantry, and some of the Battletech-ish sized vehicles(Battletech size: It fits mostly on
a 35 mm hex base)
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

jc.knight

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2011, 04:27:57 »
I've got my BR, Wolf, Republic/Highlanders stuff intact.  i also have a few random bits from all the factions for mixed forces, etc.

PeripheryPirate

• Warrant Officer
  • Your friendly neighborhood Periphery pirate!
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2011, 06:11:59 »
Ayup, still got the vast majority of my collection. Hundreds of pieces, if not 1,000+. But they're just idling in storage containers watching their "little cousins" do battle every now and then.

I sold off my LEs and just about anything that was worth anything already though. So the rest just kind of sits there because it wouldn't be worth my time trying to offload it, IMO.

dethtungue

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2011, 09:47:28 »
i have a rather large collection, it is mostly in boxes. i do have quite a bit of it on display, mostly just the figs i really like.

That's me too.  However, with it taking up so much space, some of the ones that are not display-worthy are going to the garage.  I have all my styrene separated, organized and in binders with overflow in boxes.  I expect at some point I'll be showing my grandkids how to play.

EdgeCrusher

• Private
« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2011, 09:48:32 »
I have my nova/spirit cats and kurita/DF  stuff on 3 book shelves. the rest of my non-merc stuff is in boxes packed away  :)

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #9 on: 26 January 2011, 10:55:57 »
I've been picking up collections to use for bashing bits.
I really like getting the BA to use with my standard BT minis.

however,
I do keep and set aside any Veteran+ or Uniques, no specific factions though.
Why?  Just so I can field a decent unit IF I ever do get another chance to play.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

Free lance

• Private
« Reply #10 on: 26 January 2011, 11:38:19 »
I keep mine in a small rolling toolbox. The only problem is that I only have 1 other person I play with so my collection is mostly wasted on my 4 year old son who plays with them on a regular basis causing many once formidable units to have super glue holding them together. I still buy a unit here or there when i get a wild hair but its not often. Still would love to find a game somewhere local and play again.
Dirty work is the best kind!
Sure I'll take your side, for the right price.

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2011, 11:42:30 »
I have a hard time parting with my collection. Some of it I have off loaded but I keep complete Clan Wolf and Jade Falcon collections. I have no one to play with anymore but I like pulling them out and putting them on display every so often.

Does anyone still maintain a large collection? What do you do with it?

Oh man...

...I demo-ed the game all the way up to Liao Incursion.  I have numerous 33 gallon Rubbermaid containers full of pieces, and all the L.E.'s, scenario sheets, little tokens, little stickers.  I hate to part with it.  Right now, it's stored in my workshop.

I don't know what to do with the stuff.

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2011, 12:16:26 »
I found someone to take all my MWDA stuff in trade for metal IWM minis. Much like MRex, I played and Demo'd too, so I have a ton. Trying to working out shipping arrangements currently.
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

RotS-Targe

• Sergeant
  • Don't worry about the paint until the walls are up
« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2011, 12:19:10 »
I have them in a big bin, but I have no plans to get rid of them, as I am part of a group that still meets regularly.
It isn't very big, since I got into MW when Wolf Strike was out, and the store stopped selling them shortly after WKG went under.
The journey of a thousand blisters starts with a single stumble.

Drake Penn must be written.

Hessian

• Recruit
« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2011, 12:52:04 »
I have kept my collection, but I have to store it(by faction) in several large boxes due to a lack of space. Though I can hardly use it nowadays, since only once or twice per year do I have a chance at playing.

Ciao
Hessian

Fat Ninja

• Private
« Reply #15 on: 26 January 2011, 13:59:03 »
My collection is still... rather substantial.  Most all of my stuff is in plastic sweater tubs and it comes out to 381 quarts of 'mechs.  Steiner alone is in one of the 58 quart tubs.  This collection does not include RotS/HL, House Liao, or Bannson's.  Nor does the stacked tubs (organized by faction, of course) include the mass of styrene.

That's not counting the bags and boxes of excess Uniques and SRs from my case buying after the game was finished.  No one tell Steinerman, but I was kinda planning on dumping some of them on his guys so they have some fresh stock to fight over as prizes.  The problem is getting down to his city and having time to play.

One of my winter projects was supposed to be clearing the gaming table and taking pictures of my collection while firing up Battleplanner and finally doing an inventory of everything.  Not sure if that's happening this year now.

Now the pride of my collection is the baker's dozen of Green Rokurokubis.  I went a little bit nuts with trading and buying online.  I had only meant to get three Lances of them, but then someone from my old group saddled me with an odd one, knowing I can't trade them away.  I still look for the durn things so I can finish another Lance.

As to what I do with the collection?  I have a gamer wife.  This helps a lot.  We don't play as often as I'd like, but we do play.  We still have a 10,000 point challenge to do, but stupid me wanted to make it a Clan War, and I just ain't got the Wolves, even if I use every Clan Wolf piece I own.  We're still working on the details.

Fat Ninja:  HUGE collection... still can't play for squat.
Still that same Fat Ninja from Wizkids, Realms, and every other flippin' place online.

Xtrahmxwohld

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Utinni! A beton nya mombay m'bwa!
« Reply #16 on: 26 January 2011, 14:53:15 »
My daughter's like to play with mine.  And I'll use some of them as proxies for games of BattleTech when I need them.  Most of my collection is stashed away in boxes though.
CDT Agent #319

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 26 January 2011, 19:44:47 »
I used to have a decent collection when the game was still alive and when there wasn't anyone around who would play I gave my stuff to a BT player who uses it to play with his kids. I figured that was a better use. I did keep some pieces around, but not much.
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

ColTodd

• Recruit
« Reply #18 on: 26 January 2011, 19:44:58 »
My collection is not as large as it once was, but it sits in my closet. I pull it out every now ant then to line the troops up and ensure they know what to do.

LordNth

• Warrant Officer
  • Still playing with toys.
« Reply #19 on: 26 January 2011, 20:58:12 »

Now the pride of my collection is the baker's dozen of Green Rokurokubis.  I went a little bit nuts with trading and buying online.  I had only meant to get three Lances of them, but then someone from my old group saddled me with an odd one, knowing I can't trade them away.  I still look for the durn things so I can finish another Lance.

Ah yes, I remember now.  YOU have them all.  Maybe we should have a trail of possession for a few of them?

I had a lot.  Cut down to 2 factions + Houses (SH/HS & DF/HK) and then Merc/Gunslingers.  Started repainting some so now I have WoBBies too.  And I think my collection has grown to the size it was before selling off 75% of it. 

Sad note I still find figures "missing" when I go to make armies to host games at my house.  Grrr.

raezar

• Private
« Reply #20 on: 26 January 2011, 21:40:06 »
I keep my favorite Clan Wolf and Steel Wolves units on display above my desk. The rest fill two large rubbermade storage tubs and sit unused.

Fat Ninja

• Private
« Reply #21 on: 26 January 2011, 22:47:05 »
*snipped for brevity*

Ah yes, I remember now.  YOU have them all.  Maybe we should have a trail of possession for a few of them?

The best part was when I got some grief about them along the lines of, "Of course you have them.  You're a big level five."  Mind you, I was in the same boat as everyone else when it came to those figures.  I admit I had begged people like Leslie and Tony to score me one.  They laughed at me.  As far as I know, Tony still doesn't have one. 

And he ain't gettin' one of mine, either.
Still that same Fat Ninja from Wizkids, Realms, and every other flippin' place online.

jc.knight

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: 27 January 2011, 04:44:28 »

Fat Ninja:  HUGE collection... still can't play for squat.
my Pride and Joy, and the bane of most of my opponants when it break it out is 4400 points of Banson's Raiders Peasant Company(Yes thats 1100 of othe little bastards).  Beware farmers with pitchforks

PeripheryPirate

• Warrant Officer
  • Your friendly neighborhood Periphery pirate!
« Reply #23 on: 27 January 2011, 06:05:01 »
Holy -blam!-

It's a commoner uprising!

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #24 on: 27 January 2011, 07:08:43 »
That is cool and wrong at the same time. Hopefully the other had Anti Personal SE going for it.
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #25 on: 27 January 2011, 09:05:17 »
Our group used to play a lot more (cause we could squeeze it in on a weeknight), until our local store closed up, now we use the limited weekend time we all have for CBT. Although our DA minis are still getting some use, one of the guys has a ton of Heroscape terrain, and the DA minis are a good scale to fit on it, so some of them have been rebased onto hexes to use on the Heroscape.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #26 on: 27 January 2011, 10:06:03 »
I still have mine, though I am activly downsizing.

I am keeping my Wolf Hunters and Spirit Cats for sure, and getting rid of the Falcons would be grounds for my wife divorcing me (last I checked wasn't this my collection  :o )

everything else I have though is going to go eventually
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Free lance

• Private
« Reply #27 on: 27 January 2011, 10:16:15 »
Its sad that it seems so much of this stuff is stored away. I hate to see a collection of someones up on ebay cause I know we are losing another player. If my wife would let me I would display a large number of my figures but thats a whole different story.
Dirty work is the best kind!
Sure I'll take your side, for the right price.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #28 on: 27 January 2011, 16:17:50 »
I still have the bulk of my collection incuding the company+ of Liao Anubis. I need to drag out that swarm of the green locustsAnubis army again.

When we bought the new house, I had to make sure I had room for shelves for the tupperware boxes.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #29 on: 27 January 2011, 16:32:52 »
It's a good thing your basement has all that extra overflow space for the rest of the boxes.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!