Author Topic: Poker 2.0  (Read 2872 times)

Minemech

• Captain
Poker 2.0
« on: 03 September 2023, 21:56:43 »
 The year is 3152, and we are in a game of poker for First Lordship over the Inner Sphere (No home clans or irrelevant actors.). Powers are invited, major or minor, but their head of state (The real one, or preferred one if more than one) has to be the player. The players are handed a number of chips equal to the number of systems their state currently hold. Contested systems will be tossed in the first ante pot and have unique colors of their own. Chips are otherwise color coded according to their ownership and bear their state's seal.

Dealer rotates each round and deals clockwise.

There is an ante of 1 system/round.

Players may trade chips of varied colors with other players for a preferred color(s). 

After round 5, any player may leave at the start of a given round, but they must abandon half of the chips they possess that are not of their original color first (Rounded down), and said chips are placed in the ante for that round.

The game lasts until there is a valid resolution, a total of n hours.

Collaboration is technically not invalid but is ill-advised.

Assume no actual cheating

How do you think the various actors will perform?

Note: Despite the fact that the game is technically for First Lordship, players will opt for different goals. Some will cash in while they are ahead (Think side deals), while others will not have the resources to cash in on their skill. Some may even be blinded by a particular foe which others on the table may exploit. You have to determine the nature of the player. While the game is for dominion, the design of the game can lead to a resolution where no state actually achieves hegemony.

Note: Assume the finest form of the characters involved.

Note: As for which systems are specifically exchanged, do not worry about that. Keep this a simple game.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2023, 23:05:58 by Minemech »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Poker 2.0
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2023, 17:23:52 »
I'll play, as long as I don't get Focht!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016