Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I would probably say yes to some prepainted minis for only my child so he can just grab and enjoy the game.
The majority of mine are unpainted (unassembled too but that's another story) because I don't know or remember what project I had for them when I purchased. Plus I do enjoy kitbashing here and there, so I like my minis bare when possible.

In terms of price point, it would be pushing my acceptance if the price was more than double the mini. I'm not looking for an extremely great commissioned process after all.
MegaMek Games / Re: Setting to disable bombs in AtB?
« Last post by RoyceFletcher on Today at 07:15:50 »
Thanks for answering, if I want to know more, I will ask by starting my own thread.
For my sins, my day job is doing 3D printed models. The company I sell my files/models through is sponsoring a show and want to promote pre-painted models. Something I'm not really able to do (even if I was willing), but it made me wonder. While for stuff like RPG figures (most of said companies little companies), I can sort of see benefit for getting pre-painted if you only want one or two and don't really want to paint, on the wargames side, it had been significantly my impression that that the bare majority of wargamers consider painting/collecting to be the main thrust of the hobby, rather than actually playing. (If I believe one impromptu survey, it might be around 50%, possibly even higher.)

So, out of pure curiousity, if in some hypothetical future, CGL was able to offer pre-coloured models (in whatever form that might take, be it painted plastics or 3D colour-prints or whatever), would that hold any appeal?

As an addendum question, I today recieved an email regarding that sample model, that it was going to cost $100[1] to have done (of which I would have had to have paid half). Bearing mind this model is basically the size of a battlemech. (Somewhere in the volume of a medium mech, I'd say, certainly appreciably smaller than the plastic Diashi from the Alpha Strike set that I compared it to.)

To to all of you who said yes, would that answer still be "yes" if the price was, lowballing it horrendously, twice as much as a regular model? Three times? Five? Twenty? (Which is in the order of how much more expense $100 is than what I estimate the price will be when I put it up for sale, which will be about £4 in resin.)

This is just pure curiousity, especially since far more people said yes than I had expected, with in general the wargaming market seeming to be more painter-focussed.

I'm sure that last one is very clearly bonkers, but I'm curious to see where people's boundaries lies now that I have at least my own point of reference.

(To whit, at last as far as my own stuff goes, I am absolutely NOT going to look at 3D colour printing!)

I have, of course, no clue about how much it costs CGL do do colour prints (hell, the replies on this thread saying they were doing some was in fact news to me); they are, of course, about... six or seven orders of magnitude bigger than me and have a lot more doors they can try to open! (If they can find somewhere that means the cost (to them and us) is much closer to the unpainted cost, I wish them the best of luck!)

[1]Edit: In fairness, the follow-up email reminded me that also is the cost for getting the digital painting done, which would be relatively negigable for someone doing it for, like CGL for thousands/tens of thousands of units per paint job, so it  for CGL it wouldn't be like for me!
 Apply your logic to Genghis Khan and the Mongols and the reason should follow. That said these are Successor States, who said ensuring that Terra falls precludes gobbling up the Empire?
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Giftake sibkos expected to excel?
« Last post by Alan Grant on Today at 06:58:49 »
I know you probably at least half meant that as a joke. But you prompted me to go back and look at something.

“Our time is come! We no longer need to fear our own mortality, for we are the immortal warriors
for all time."
- Khan Jason Karrige address to Clan Widowmaker. (Source: Op. Klondike page 33 in the section that discusses the creation of the Clan eugenics program, trueborns and bloodnames/bloodlines)

“And blood will be shed—ours and theirs—but
we go into battle knowing that our legacy is assured
thanks to the iron wombs. Each Clan’s bloodlines
will live on even should they fall in the execution
of their duties—eight hundred bloodlines destined
for immortality."

IlKhan Nicholas Kerensky, excerp from his call to arms prior to Klondike. Sidebar on page 91 of Op. Klondike.

Noticing a theme here.
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by ISD on Today at 06:32:20 »
Solar
Still completely stuck on fixing my earlier spaghetti in Factorio and happy sorting out my issues. Also, I need lots more trains so my factory ends up looks like anything in Transport Tycoon!
i think gog has it too...just checked they do original 1 and 2 pack with sc 3
You know you're an enabler, right? :grin:
I humbly submit that the 2nd Falcon Sentinels have a Jade/green body/fuselage, navy blue with steel panels for the limbs, and red accents on the blue.
Seconding MoneyLovinOgre4Hire, if I had the time (and navy blue paint), I'd give this a go today because it does sound cool!
Within Temptation - Wireless
The tank chats
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register