BattleTech Game Universe > The Inner Sphere

Political instability in the Capellan Confederation?

(1/14) > >>

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire:
It occurred to me recently that it seems like the CC has had the most stable of all dynasties in the Inner Sphere.  I can't think of any instances where someone made a serious push to try an take over the state from inside, not even during the worst years of Romano's reign when she was busy offing people left and right because of her paranoia.

Now, some would say that this is due to the loyalty and skill of the Mask and Death Commandos, but I've got to call BS on this because even the Draconis Combine has had their own longstanding issues with the Black Dragon Society no matter how hard the ISF and DEST work to eliminate them.

So I've got to ask, have there been any instances of major plots or schemes conducted by one or more people inside the Confederation to try to get their own butts into the Celestial Throne?

BrianDavion:
the answer is "nope not really" and this can be explained quite simply with the fact that the CapCon is, the only sucessor state without march lords. The other 4 sucessor states all have eistablished interior groups, "march lords" if you will vying for power, influence etc. the LC has had, tradtionally, Tamar and Skye, the Combine ahs had it's Warlords, the FWL it's provinces, and the FedSuns it's march lords. The power of these individual parts has, obviously, varied with time but they can easily become a thorn in the side of the ruler. The Capcon COMPLETELY lacks this, and in fact they had an oppertunity to CREATE one with St.Ives and then had St.Ives drink the bloody Kool Aid during the Jihad. This, combined with having the largest most powerful military in the inner sphere in the 3140s has resulted in a faction is... kinda dull

Metallgewitter:
I think the only "fraction" that comes even remotely close to being something of a thorn might be the house of Scions on Capella. It is noted that those people gained more power during the Jihad but it seems that was just a brush fire and Sun Tzu kept them on a tight leash. Also unlike houses like the Free Worlds LEague or Lyran Commonwealth you don't have powerful branch families of House Liao. At the very least I can't think of any not main family Liao who ever hold much power. You could say the Confederation might be that one house where the saying "The state is me" seems to be 100% true

Angrii:
Also: collectivism.

It's citizens and nobility (in large part) actually desire and work towards what they consider the greater good. Xin Sheng citizen!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire:
And the idea that nobody ever decides that they have a better idea of what the "greater good" is than current leadership is one of the most unbelievable things in the entire BTU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version