Author Topic: Qestion regarding the GoAC Catapult  (Read 3121 times)

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Qestion regarding the GoAC Catapult
« on: 14 November 2019, 01:44:24 »
Finally got my grubby hands on the Game of Armor Combat Box after many delays (I have a few choice words for the local distributor) and the minis look great.

The only noticeable problem I have is that one of the missile launchers on the Catapult is pointing at a downward angle.

Are the Launchers glued in place or can I twist it with enough pressure without breaking something?

(Yes, the camera on my phone sucks. sorry)

Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

makulator

• Corporal
Re: Qestion regarding the GoAC Catapult
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2019, 05:01:10 »
put it in a cup of boiling water for a few seconds....bend the launcher in teh desired position...let cold water flow over it...fixed
Mors Tua Vita Mea

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 15 November 2019, 12:23:18 »
They are glued in place, but the glue is not strong enough that the piece will break before you're able to adjust/remove it.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 15 November 2019, 13:13:41 »
Yeah, the cylindrical stubs are glued in.

Either use hot water, then cold, to bend the pod into place (permanently deforming the stub), or pop it in the freezer to make the glue brittle - it'll be particularly weak against torsion.  The latter will feel scarier but is easier on the model.

Schadenfreude

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2019, 12:13:14 »
Or you could take a completely different tactic and make it look deliberate. Maybe your rightside LRM has sustained damage. A few scorch marks and some ballistic weapon impacts and your 'Mech looks like it's been in a fight. No need to risk damaging the 'Mech with the immersion of hot water to bend it, or leaving it in your freezer to make the glue more brittle.

mooonmagic

• Corporal
    • games i have made
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2019, 13:03:54 »
Or you could take a completely different tactic and make it look deliberate. Maybe your rightside LRM has sustained damage. A few scorch marks and some ballistic weapon impacts and your 'Mech looks like it's been in a fight. No need to risk damaging the 'Mech with the immersion of hot water to bend it, or leaving it in your freezer to make the glue more brittle.

I do like that idea. I did the hot water trick with mine, twice; first time bent a little bit, the second time the rest of the way.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2019, 20:56:43 »
Tried the freezer trick and worked like a charm, thanks guys :thumbsup:
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com