Author Topic: Wi Game Universe Franklin 11-09-19  (Read 1654 times)

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
Wi Game Universe Franklin 11-09-19
« on: 30 October 2019, 09:37:50 »
We are trying to get a game for 11/09.  Just waiting to get confirmation on the table.

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
Re: Wi Game Universe Franklin 11-09-19
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2019, 08:38:37 »
Looks like the game is on.

Tomorrow, start time around 1200

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
Re: Wi Game Universe Franklin 11-09-19
« Reply #2 on: 09 November 2019, 20:04:44 »
Well, the mission was a victory for the Lyrans and a minor victory for the ComGuards.

Neither side knew the other side's objective.  The Lyrans were to retrieve individuals from three different buildings and the ComGuards were to have their battlearmor confirm the destruction of a piece of equipment. 

While the Lyrans were able to extradite the individuals successfully, the Lyrans equipment losses were severe enough that they would not have been able to prevent the ComGuards from achieving their objectives if the game was played until the end.  After twelve rounds of play; the Lyrans were allowed to leave Mendheim unmolested.  The ComGuards destroyed the objective and then withdrew to their compound. 

"Congratulations Adept Slater on your most recent mission.  How is your head? "

"Well, well.  If it isn't our fearless ROM director of Cameron of the Lyran Alliance.  Adept Adams.  If you really  want to know, my head hurts, which is better than Acolyte Gregorski as the destruction of his mech's cockpit doesn't leave much for us to recover.  I hope the objective was worth it."

"Slater, I am sorry that you lost Gregorski, and several troops from your battalion were injured, but there is a Steiner-Davion Civil War  going on and the destruction of the objective was deemed necessary by my superiors.  The destruction has been confirmed by your 360's battle-armor.  So, what happened?  Your plan was to do a quick assault on the town of Mendheim before the LAAFer's could respond."

"An aerospace asset must have detected our approach to Mendheim while we were still an hour and half out.  The Lyrans realized that we were doing an objective raid, but they didn't know our objective.  They committed a similar sized force to protect or secure what they thought was our objective(s).  The Lyrans retrieved three individuals?? from three different buildings related to Doerring Electronics."

Pausing to regain his thoughts Slater continued:  "We never truly attempted to prevent them from accomplishing their mission because we so concerned about the Fafnir and Banshee in front; their other mechs flanking from my left and our objective was on the other-side of the town.  Oh, by the way, it might have been helpful to identify our target before we entered the city."

"Sorry Slater, we had to do our best to prevent the Lyrans from realizing what they found.  Communications identifying the building where the objective was placed were only possible when your troops were within two kilometers of the objective.  Thank you for retrieving my agent by the way.  I will figure a way to get him off planet shortly."

"What happens now Adams, the Lyrans might decide to seize this compound."

"Oh I doubt that.  There will be protests, and they suffered losses in this raid as well.  Some civilians were injured I understand."

"My troops only fired on one building and that was because their infantry fired from inside a building.  It was self-defense."

"Yes, I know Slater.  But it helps that you allowed the Lyrans to leave with their forces and objectives so that you could accomplish your mission with no more losses. That act should hopefully reduce tensions with the planetary leadership here."  Adams was looking at her watch, "I need to report this successful mission as soon as possible.  Please prepare your official report by tomorrow.  Tensions with the leadership will eventually die down, but the rank and file of both sides might wish to continue the fight now that there have been deaths. so get well and get out of this medical facility."