Author Topic: Combat Manual Lite series, Beta  (Read 134165 times)

firekite

• Corporal
Re: Combat Manual Lite series, Beta
« Reply #60 on: 10 January 2019, 00:14:57 »
Sorry nckestrel, some how I missed that while reading the latest in this thread.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #61 on: 10 January 2019, 05:45:30 »
Sorry nckestrel, some how I missed that while reading the latest in this thread.

No problem. It’s a bit complicated, so I just copied the response rather than trying to remember it :).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #62 on: 10 January 2019, 08:28:20 »
Clan Nova Cat added to Invading Clans.
minor update to Marik (fixing Marina/Martha, adding credits).
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 10 January 2019, 19:11:57 »
And Diamond Sharks!  Invading Clans all wrapped up.

jshdncn

• Corporal
« Reply #64 on: 12 January 2019, 10:39:40 »
Is there an official record sheet for the Panther CM from CM: Kurita?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 12 January 2019, 11:44:51 »
Not official, but it’s in the first post record sheets  Kurita. Drop jump jets to move 5/8.

The Wayfarer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: 12 January 2019, 13:39:32 »
Sir,

Marvelous work.  Question on the record sheets.  In CM Mercenaries (p. 53) Ismail's Alpha Strike stats read:

Archer ARC-2R-modified (Late Succession Wars).....CASE, SRM3/3/-
Archer ARC-4M-modified (Early Clan Invasion).....CASE, SRM4/4/-

Bold type added by me.  Late Succession War includes timelines up until 3049 which I suppose can include CASE.  Ismail's Archer 2-R record sheet is without CASE.....Is this just an error or are you trying to make clean calculations?  Mind you, I leave the math to those more dedicated like yourself.  Also, what program did you use to create the record sheets?

Mike
Revelations 6:8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #67 on: 12 January 2019, 15:41:46 »
First of all I must say I am amazed by this incredible work. I do humbly propose some errata:
Combat manual Liao:
Page 13 The 3rd Confederation Reserve Cavalry was disbanded 3029 and rebuilt 3052. The 5th CRC has never been disbanded. There is a minor spelling error in all unit names on this page (cavalry -calvary).
Page 15 Sian reserves should be changed to Sarna reserves. Kincade were moved from Tikonov Reserves to the Periphery Guard before 3050.
Page 25 the Cataphract 1X and 2X are missing from the late succession war list.
Page 25 the Clint 1-2R and 2-3T are missing from the late succession war list. The 2-3U is missing from the clan era list.

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 12 January 2019, 16:08:29 »
Some more errata:
Combat manual Marik:
Page 14 change Rise of Connaught to Rose of Connaught
Page 17 2nd Brigade listed twice
Page 17 Change 5th Brigade Nickname to "The Andalusia Division"
Page 21 Change 3rd Sirian Lancers nickname to "The Sothic Avengers"
We need a list of associated mercenaries

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #69 on: 12 January 2019, 18:46:47 »
Thanks Hussar2

Clint CLNT-2-3T is on General List.  1R I have as extinct by the fourth SW.
The rest of Liao errata I put as you've suggested.

On to Marik! (And all Marik errata accepted as is..Thanks again!)
« Last Edit: 12 January 2019, 18:52:48 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #70 on: 12 January 2019, 19:04:22 »
Sir,

Marvelous work.  Question on the record sheets.  In CM Mercenaries (p. 53) Ismail's Alpha Strike stats read:

Archer ARC-2R-modified (Late Succession Wars).....CASE, SRM3/3/-
Archer ARC-4M-modified (Early Clan Invasion).....CASE, SRM4/4/-

Bold type added by me.  Late Succession War includes timelines up until 3049 which I suppose can include CASE.  Ismail's Archer 2-R record sheet is without CASE.....Is this just an error or are you trying to make clean calculations?  Mind you, I leave the math to those more dedicated like yourself.  Also, what program did you use to create the record sheets?

Mike

The Ismail ARC-4M record sheet does have CASE.  The 2R is not supposed to have CASE, that's an error in CM Mercs.  He doesn't have any SL tech on it. Though I still have to replace that sheet, that's what I get for not looking at a 10 year old file before printing it.  (Shouldn't have double heat sinks, but is missing 6 more single heat sinks).

I used SSW.  Most of these were created years ago, so i went ahead and used that to finish the ones I was missing so i could print them as one document.

jshdncn

• Corporal
« Reply #71 on: 12 January 2019, 22:33:15 »
The Panther CM is on page 91 under Chu-I Akihito Fernandez. It drops the SRM launcher for what appears to be a prototype C3 Master and possibly a machine gun( not sure what else the CASE could be for).

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 12 January 2019, 23:23:26 »
Ah, I assumed we were talking about the ALAG Panther.
The Panther CM “drop srm+ammo, a heat sink and c3s to add c3m”.  That’s what I got in notes.  I assume the c3s means it’s based on the PNT-C.  I’ll see about making an RS for it.  The CASE in AS should probably be ENE. I don’t think we made a full RS for it, just that note, and just copied the CASE but forgot with dropping the SRM it would be ENE (though it still has CASE as it was a field refit they couldn’t remove the CASE).

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #73 on: 12 January 2019, 23:28:29 »
C3M Panther! Wooohoooooo!

And again, thanks for all this, Nckestrel.

Do you see Hellion Flurry units working like Phalanx units?

Side issue - Capellan Augumented lances. Do you see them as a sub-case of Novas? Somewhat atemporal, I realise.

(And tongue still hanging out for Blake ;) )
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #74 on: 12 January 2019, 23:42:57 »
I don't know enough about Hellion Flurry units, though my first scary though is something like the Swarm formation from CM: Kurita.

We had a boring answer for Augmented Lances that, yeah, was just a Nova, which itself is really boring.  Since it wasn't applicable to pre-3055, I booted having to think of something better.

I started on comstar, but other projects are getting in the way.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #75 on: 12 January 2019, 23:55:02 »
As a side note, I raised a question with Herb, whether unarmed or lightly armed APCs counted as "units" in formations like Level IIs. His answer wasn't a declaration of canon, but he pretty much felt they could be ignored.

So for example, you could have a Level II of BA supported by Heavy APCs for organic transport, and still count that as a Level II.

Now I took things a step further in my headcanon, and made up a definition of " lightcarrier" - something with IT, and no more than 1 AS damage at short range, and no more than 0* at medium and long. Provided the light carrier had capacity to carry a designated unit, the pair count as 1 for formation building, and can use either unit's values to qualify.

So for example, the VSP-equipped Shedu is a Juggernaut. 6 Shedu Level Is can make an Assault Level II. Add 6 hover APCs, and they're still potentially an Assault formation, unless you want to use the APC's Scout designation to call it a recon formation. Obviously that has to be declared before the start of the game.

Obviously, if you're using a Palmoni or Magi UCSV ... that's a unit. Call that a "heavy carrier". A heavy carrier still counts, but can sub values for a carried unit. So  Palmoni carrying Purifier Terras can 'carry' them into an Assault Lance.

Otherwise it's botheringly difficult to get any advantages from properly combining BA and infantry into Level IIs - and a WoB without mixed Level IIs is hardly worth gnawing through the leather straps, is it?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #76 on: 13 January 2019, 06:28:53 »
Combat manual Marik:
I don't know if they merit inclusion but in 3031 there was a 4th Free World Guards unit that was promptly destroyed by the Black Widow battalion
Some missing units from Late Succession war (and probably to early clan invasion as well):
Add Zhukov Heavy Tank to both Liao and Marik
Add Brutus Assault Tank (standard, LRM, PPC, PPC 2) to Liao
Add Po Heavy Tank to Liao
Add Hermes 1A and 1B to Marik
Add Hermes II (2M mercury and 4K) to Marik
Add Trebuchet 5S to Marik
Add Catapult A1 to Liao
Add guillotine 4P to Marik
« Last Edit: 13 January 2019, 09:08:46 by Hussar2 »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #77 on: 13 January 2019, 06:46:06 »
Where can I find the general list?

CM Kurita or Mercenaries.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #78 on: 13 January 2019, 07:22:00 »
Worktroll, that thinking fits with my head canon too.  For my game, I had said the Com Guard "fudged" their counting of a II/II formation (4 'mechs, 2 hover tanks, 2 infantry platoons, 2 combat VTOLs, plus a Heavy APC and Karnov).  They didn't count the jeeps and trucks, though...

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #79 on: 13 January 2019, 08:34:08 »
Oooo! Thanks for these!! The untimely death of the Combat Manuel series made me die a little inside.... :'(

jshdncn

• Corporal
« Reply #80 on: 13 January 2019, 10:26:03 »
Ah, I assumed we were talking about the ALAG Panther.
The Panther CM “drop srm+ammo, a heat sink and c3s to add c3m”.  That’s what I got in notes.  I assume the c3s means it’s based on the PNT-C.  I’ll see about making an RS for it.  The CASE in AS should probably be ENE. I don’t think we made a full RS for it, just that note, and just copied the CASE but forgot with dropping the SRM it would be ENE (though it still has CASE as it was a field refit they couldn’t remove the CASE).

In that case there should probably be errata in CM: Kurita to reflect that, as well as the fact that C3M also grants TAG.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #81 on: 13 January 2019, 12:03:09 »
In that case there should probably be errata in CM: Kurita to reflect that, as well as the fact that C3M also grants TAG.

Yes, go for it.

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #82 on: 13 January 2019, 13:14:57 »
Combat manual Marik:
I don't know if they merit inclusion but in 3031 there was a 4th Free World Guards unit that was promptly destroyed by the Black Widow battalion
Some missing units from Late Succession war (and probably to early clan invasion as well):
Add Zhukov Heavy Tank to both Liao and Marik
Add Brutus Assault Tank (standard, LRM, PPC, PPC 2) to Liao
Add Po Heavy Tank to Liao
Add Hermes 1A and 1B to Marik
Add Hermes II (2M mercury and 4K) to Marik
Add Trebuchet 5S to Marik
Add Catapult A1 to Liao
Add guillotine 4P to Marik
I think I have finally finished going over the Liao and Marik late succession war availability
Add Locust 1L to Liao
Add Cheetah 11- R and 12- S to Marik

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: 13 January 2019, 17:52:34 »
Managed to look at Clan Jade Falcon.
Combat Manual Invading Clans:
page 25  Delta Galaxy After Tukkayyid lose all clusters except 2nd Jagers and 5th Battle.
Page 26 7th Talon was part of Iota galaxy during the invasion.
Page 27 looks to me that the names of the Eyrie and Solahma clusters were switched (crybabies is a much more fitting name for an eyrie cluster). I think the original Jade Falcon sourcebook is in error here.
Page 28 under 5th Talon add moved to Rho after Tukkayyid
Page 29 change Omnicron to Omicron Galaxy
Page 29-30 Phi Galaxy also gained 9th Talon before 3054. We have no information about 51th Garrison before 3057 but in 3054 was not part of Phi.
Page 30 Change Omnicron to Omicron under the 17th regulars and 4th PGC.
Page 31 Change Omnicron to Omicron under 14th Regulars (BTW is there any information about this unit except Objective Raids book?)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #84 on: 14 January 2019, 10:29:34 »
[Notes on CM:Marik and CM: Liao]

Thanks Hussar2!  The only one I didn't add was the Hermes HER-4K. That's a Kurita model and the MUL only lists DC.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #85 on: 14 January 2019, 10:54:47 »
Managed to look at Clan Jade Falcon.
Combat Manual Invading Clans:
page 25  Delta Galaxy After Tukkayyid lose all clusters except 2nd Jagers and 5th Battle.
I added a note that 1st Falcon Striker (and the Eyrie and solahma clusters) returned to homeworlds to rebuild and didn't return to IS until after 3054.

Page 26 7th Talon was part of Iota galaxy during the invasion.
I don't know where this is coming from?
Page 27 looks to me that the names of the Eyrie and Solahma clusters were switched (crybabies is a much more fitting name for an eyrie cluster). I think the original Jade Falcon sourcebook is in error here.
I was going to say no, but yeah, the Crows sound better as a Solahma as well.  I'll go with it.

Page 28 under 5th Talon add moved to Rho after Tukkayyid
Done.
Page 29 change Omnicron to Omicron Galaxy
Yep.
Page 29-30 Phi Galaxy also gained 9th Talon before 3054.
9th talon, in gamma galaxy, have a note saying that.

We have no information about 51th Garrison before 3057 but in 3054 was not part of Phi.
I felt it had to exist before then, so have it in the homeworlds. I added a note saying it's in the homeworlds.

Page 30 Change Omnicron to Omicron under the 17th regulars and 4th PGC.
Page 31 Change Omnicron to Omicron under 14th Regulars (BTW is there any information about this unit except Objective Raids book?)
Too tired at this point to answer questions...I have to go take a test.

Thanks again!

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #86 on: 14 January 2019, 11:10:42 »
I have never realised what a continuity nightmare the Clan invasion Falcon touman is until now.

I don't know where this is coming from?
Jade Falcon sourcebook page 41 Colmar entry
Too tired at this point to answer questions...I have to go take a test.
Have a nice nap I will try to go over more clans

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #87 on: 14 January 2019, 11:12:27 »
I have never realised what a continuity nightmare the Clan invasion Falcon touman is until now.

It's not just Jade Falcon.  Smoke Jaguar is worse, and several others are just as bad.  I had no idea until doing this.

So seriously, thanks for looking it over.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #88 on: 14 January 2019, 11:17:55 »
Jade Falcon sourcebook page 41 Colmar entry

by August 3050 they are already bringing up 2nd line as front-line attackers?  wow. is that a record?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #89 on: 14 January 2019, 11:26:32 »
*snip*

Glad to know it's not just us grognards who think the whole invasion thing was rushed by FASA.

Register