Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Here are some Mad Dogs

First sculpt from IWM about 20+ years old.
2nd is the IWM redo.
3rd is the Catalyst sculpt.
4th is the Premium sculpt just recent.

The Premium sculpt is much larger than the other sculpts.

I don’t want to sadden you, but that first sculpt is closing in on 40 years old at this point. (~35 right now)
Ground Combat / Re: Elemental (Fire) or Elemental III?
« Last post by Hellraiser on Today at 14:57:40 »
The Elemental (Fire) and Elemental III are close enough in BV that you would virtually never have to take cost into consideration between the two.
True, but the BV portion of my comment was more about ALL infantry,  BA, Conventional, Mechanized, Platoons, Points, Level-1's, etc etc.
I feel like this might work better as an add-on like the RISC pulse module with similar drawbacks. I'd actually not give it an extra cooling effect since water already does that and I generally don't like accuracy bonuses. It should just reclaim a bit of range and that should be sufficient to make them competitive and Amphibious since you can just disengage on the surface.
« Last post by AlphaMirage on Today at 14:49:04 »
Fire is my go to, forested terrain is very advantageous for BA and flammable so having fireproof BA to get in there and leg strike overheated mechs is great. Stealth would only be used for ambushes or headhunter ops
Here are some Mad Dogs

First sculpt from IWM about 20+ years old.
2nd is the IWM redo.
3rd is the Catalyst sculpt.
4th is the Premium sculpt just recent.

The Premium sculpt is much larger than the other sculpts.
Goblin is good, you can also look into the later Vedettes particularly the fuel cell ones as those actually do have pretty good firepower. They could be better at 45t but 50t is canon.

For a 'light' MBT mobility is key heavier ones can pack more weapons and armor but moving at a cruise of 5 is very powerful when you can't mount super heavy weapons or thick armor.
I see no reason to encourage underwater play... it's supposed to suck for technology optimized for fighting above water.
RAW, it also sucks for technology optimized for fighting in water (Hydrofoils, conventional hulled vessels, and to a much lesser extent amphibious vehicles & infantry) or even technology optimized for fighting underwater (Submarines)
If era is a consideration I find the Goblin is surprisingly effective as a MBT.
Have you considered the Schildkröte from TRO 3145?  It's 50 tons, has 10 tons of heavy ferro, and uses an armored motive system and AMS.  Firepower is either an LB 10-X and Light PPC or a Heavy PPC and SRM 2.
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 14:32:11 »
The Elemental (Fire) and Elemental III are close enough in BV that you would virtually never have to take cost into consideration between the two.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register