Author Topic: AFFS High Command: Eternal Grandeur  (Read 178111 times)

MadDogMaddux

• Panther Tamer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • No Mercy.
Re: AFFS High Command: Eternal Grandeur
« Reply #120 on: 08 July 2011, 18:11:06 »
I've never been so hungry that I could eat at Arby's.

Word.
Mastergunz: Pryde bloodline, that's where all the winners hang!
MDM: Preferably at the end of 6' of rope!!!

MadDogMaddux

• Panther Tamer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • No Mercy.
« Reply #121 on: 08 July 2011, 18:13:22 »
I like mine black and crispy. One of the fesw foods I will eat when overcooked. All other meats products are towards the medium rare side, cooked to the point of edibility.

You might want to reconsider that. There's some decent research out there that shows overcooked bacon to be a pretty hardcore carcinogen.

MadDogMaddux

• Panther Tamer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • No Mercy.
« Reply #122 on: 08 July 2011, 18:20:18 »
Grocery store bacon is usually pre-packaged, thin-sliced bacon, which is fine. However, you can get thick bacon if you go to the deli counter or to an actual butcher shop and request it (depending on your store/butcher, of course).

Ever tried Beef Bacon? Wow. It's a religious experience.

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #123 on: 08 July 2011, 18:28:25 »
Sounds interesting.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #124 on: 08 July 2011, 18:38:04 »
Isn't that pretty much what pastrami is?  I know it's nicknamed "steer bacon"
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Neko_Bijin

• Lieutenant
  • Alpha Strike naïf
« Reply #125 on: 08 July 2011, 19:00:37 »
Pastrami!  I'd get it warm on a bun with provolone cheese and mayonnaise at the corner deli.  Good times.
"Lord Kurita is merciful.  You will be spared the humiliation of a trial.  Instead, you are invited to dine with your sainted ancestors.  You don't follow?  Let me rephrase.  I am about to run you through with my sword.  Now you get the picture?  Good."

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
« Reply #126 on: 08 July 2011, 19:08:46 »
You might want to reconsider that. There's some decent research out there that shows overcooked bacon to be a pretty hardcore carcinogen.
Aren't Burnt Crunchy Bits one of the basic products of cookery?
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • Smallest star in the firmament
« Reply #127 on: 08 July 2011, 19:52:32 »

Particularly for Jewish people, one imagines...
Fighter of the Nightman (ah-ah-ah)
Champion of the Sun (ah-ah-ah)

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #128 on: 09 July 2011, 06:29:04 »
There are times when i give thanks for my somewhat lapsed religious affiliation, anytime i'm about to eat a meat
derived from Pork....would be one of those moments.  Though i admit i got seriously bored as child, of having to
eat fish on fridays.

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
« Reply #129 on: 09 July 2011, 07:52:11 »
What doesn't cause cancer these days.
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #130 on: 09 July 2011, 09:07:36 »
To be honest i have my vices, and the hell with the worry about it.

I've not been on here much lately, the whole News of the World scandal has been absorbing a lot of my attention.
Probably best i don't go into the whole messy business, but suffice it to say it's been both fascinating and horrifying.  In fact
in the UK, it may be a game changer politically eventually.  But i should say no more so as not to invoke any wrath from upon
high.

Neko_Bijin

• Lieutenant
  • Alpha Strike naïf
« Reply #131 on: 09 July 2011, 10:29:32 »
Another tidbit from Abbey Road passes into history.
"Lord Kurita is merciful.  You will be spared the humiliation of a trial.  Instead, you are invited to dine with your sainted ancestors.  You don't follow?  Let me rephrase.  I am about to run you through with my sword.  Now you get the picture?  Good."

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #132 on: 09 July 2011, 23:49:39 »
Hey Ed, is Hearts of Iron II worth getting for 10 bucks? Or Hearts of Iron III for 13 bucks? They're on sale on Steam right now and I've been getting myself quite a few games off there recently, and was considering these as well.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
« Reply #133 on: 10 July 2011, 00:25:52 »
Hey Ed, is Hearts of Iron II worth getting for 10 bucks? Or Hearts of Iron III for 13 bucks? They're on sale on Steam right now and I've been getting myself quite a few games off there recently, and was considering these as well.

Hearts of Iron II Armageddon, CORE Mod 0.4.1. 4 Lyfe.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #134 on: 10 July 2011, 11:09:40 »
Hearts of Iron II Armageddon, CORE Mod 0.4.1. 4 Lyfe.

I may get this too...

Another tidbit from Abbey Road passes into history.

Oh, I take it not my Abbey Road?! (yes, I do live on a Abbey Road in London, no it isn't that Abbey Road)

I feel very sorry for all of you denied proper bacon on a regular basis - many Brits I know simply leave the streaky bits at breakfast etc

Yesterday (Saturday) at the end of my Night Shift I went for a lovely big breakfast at a local cafe - lots of bacon, sausage, egg, chips etc... and I had had steak before heading off to work - it almost made a shift where I didn't stop for long enough to have a drink for 12 hours, let alone anything else, seem worth it!
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #135 on: 10 July 2011, 13:46:06 »
I feel very sorry for all of you denied proper bacon on a regular basis - many Brits I know simply leave the streaky bits at breakfast etc

Whoa, dude, you can't feel sorry for us about our food; you come from England. Speaking from firsthand experience, the English breakfast is a war crime. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only reason the English keep eating their own food is to fortify themselves mentally in case ze Germans attack.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Neko_Bijin

• Lieutenant
  • Alpha Strike naïf
« Reply #136 on: 10 July 2011, 15:59:16 »
Two words: breakfast burrito.  #P

And for those of you wondering, hotels in the US often advertise "Continental breakfast" (meaning bits of bread and spread only) or "American breakfast" (meaning a feast) but never, ever "English breakfast."
« Last Edit: 10 July 2011, 16:01:07 by Neko_Bijin »

Caesar Steiner for Archon

• Captain
  • I think I'm dehydrated. What day is it?
« Reply #137 on: 10 July 2011, 17:51:08 »
Whoa, dude, you can't feel sorry for us about our food; you come from England. Speaking from firsthand experience, the English breakfast is a war crime. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only reason the English keep eating their own food is to fortify themselves mentally in case ze Germans attack.

What's sadder than regular Stockholm Syndrome?

When the kidnapper is an incorporeal concept, like a nation's uniformly bad cuisine.

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #138 on: 10 July 2011, 19:09:45 »
I can't see that **** written about my nations food, and not feel incredibly angry.

Brevity and my sense of manners, along with the rules of this forum....prevent me from making
my displeasure and anger as clear as i would like.

I just feel sad that people feel that way about it, because it's evident they've not been afforded the
opportunity to eat in my country properly.
« Last Edit: 10 July 2011, 19:18:36 by Rorke »

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #139 on: 10 July 2011, 19:14:12 »
In honor of CSfA's new avatar I'd just like to say, "Super Green!"

In other news, the M-48 thread up in Ground Combat has reached your-so-stupid-I-quit-levels.  I'm glad I only lurk up there now.

I've never had British food; I can't comment on it.  I like Boddingtons.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #140 on: 10 July 2011, 19:18:42 »

In other news, the M-48 thread up in Ground Combat has reached your-so-stupid-I-quit-levels.  I'm glad I only lurk up there now.

I've never had British food; I can't comment on it.  I like Boddingtons.
The M-48 thread makes me want to wear black clothes and play in traffic at night.
I also don't think I've had English food. I would like to try some. It can't be any worse then my mom made...
Maker of big things.

Neko_Bijin

• Lieutenant
  • Alpha Strike naïf
« Reply #141 on: 10 July 2011, 19:53:20 »
I really liked that movie.  And I loved Hudson Hawk.  But Die Hard was only so-so for me.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #142 on: 10 July 2011, 20:16:47 »
I really liked that movie.  And I loved Hudson Hawk.  But Die Hard was only so-so for me.
I did too; it is one of the few movies that I don't mind picking up in the middle and will stop to watch on a lazy day.

Hudson Hawk seemed to go musical too soon.

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #143 on: 10 July 2011, 21:10:27 »
I can't see that **** written about my nations food, and not feel incredibly angry.

Brevity and my sense of manners, along with the rules of this forum....prevent me from making

I just feel sad that people feel that way about it, because it's evident they've not been afforded the

As a Scot, I have no comment. 

As an aside, didn't Finland and Italy get in a pissing match about food a few years back? :D

GreenDragon

• Major
  • I'll Have my Roast Beef Shaved not Sliced.
« Reply #144 on: 10 July 2011, 22:13:28 »
I also enjoyed it.  Other than Sandra Bernhardt. 

I'd rather say; "Corben.  Corben, my man.  I aint got no fire!"  I occasionally pull that one out on a buddy, for no reason.  Its the only line of his I can say and sound good, which makes it all the more amusing.
Davion, we're just better than you. - 97Jedi
Its like Doomsday and the Apocalypse had a baby.  And its ugly. - Calhoun

Userbars by Notsonoble and xtrahmxwohld.
Live Long and Prosper

Caesar Steiner for Archon

• Captain
  • I think I'm dehydrated. What day is it?
« Reply #145 on: 10 July 2011, 22:27:43 »
I sometimes refer to myself as "fuuuuuuled... like FIRE!"

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
« Reply #146 on: 11 July 2011, 07:35:51 »

I could not, for the life of me, make it through Hudson Hawk, to my eternal shame. I've sat through all of Sextette.

In other news: my first experience with an English breakfast in the UK was not a happy one, but they have sometimes been quite good. I do however, love a nice American breakfast, with thin, crispy bacon; I'm not much of a fan of the thicker bacon (which I've always heard called Irish bacon---I'm happy to blame them for it).

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #147 on: 11 July 2011, 10:19:41 »

It's not all bad -- I love Fish and chips when I was over there, and haven't had Yorkshire pudding in eons......But some things never clicked for me.....

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

BlackAce

• Master Sergeant
  • Wielder of the Holy Heavy Bolter of Bethlehem
« Reply #148 on: 11 July 2011, 12:31:35 »

*Comiserating pat on the back*
Remember, Rorke. We may have bad cuisine and bad teeth but they're a bunch of geographically incompetant fat bastards. ;)
Delivered from the blast,
Last of a line of lasts,
The pale princess of a palace cracked.
And now the kingdom comes;
crashing down undone,
And I am a master of a nothing place,
Of recoil and grace.

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
« Reply #149 on: 11 July 2011, 12:41:38 »
*Comiserating pat on the back*
Remember, Rorke. We may have bad cuisine and bad teeth but they're a bunch of geographically incompetant fat bastards. ;)

I say!