Author Topic: AFFS High Command: Eternal Grandeur  (Read 178017 times)

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
Re: AFFS High Command: Eternal Grandeur
« Reply #600 on: 09 August 2011, 18:12:05 »
Funny clip. I like Woody Allen but some of his movies get a *bit* tedious.

The Future Mrs. Great Sarcasmo and I have tentatively decided on a honeymoon destination, Arizona. Her best friend lives down there and we've talked about moving that way a time or 3. I figured I should see what it's like first and what 120 degrees of "dry-heat" feels like. Plus we can see the Grand Canyon and such. We'll be road tripping it, so that will also be fun, I've seen little west of IL except for when I flew to TX 16 years ago.
Maker of big things.

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • Smallest star in the firmament
« Reply #601 on: 09 August 2011, 19:19:18 »
The Future Mrs. Great Sarcasmo and I have tentatively decided on a honeymoon destination, Arizona. Her best friend lives down there and we've talked about moving that way a time or 3. I figured I should see what it's like first and what 120 degrees of "dry-heat" feels like. Plus we can see the Grand Canyon and such. We'll be road tripping it, so that will also be fun, I've seen little west of IL except for when I flew to TX 16 years ago.

Nice! I love road trips [when I'm not driving, which given the skill imbalance between me and Mrs. 3CL is almost always] and Mel loved driving to Arizona when she did it before we dated.
Fighter of the Nightman (ah-ah-ah)
Champion of the Sun (ah-ah-ah)

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
« Reply #602 on: 09 August 2011, 19:39:42 »
Hey all, nice seeing people back from GenCon.  I figured this place would be on hiatus last week for that.

So at work we started a minor act of insanity.  Instead of spending every fourth night at work, I now do it every third.  On the otherhand, we're sitting pretty with watchstanders, so I now have the faint glimmer of hope of being allowed to leave some duty day.

I can have hope, right?

With spiders, I've got a coworker who uses his Airsoft guns to blow them away. #P
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

fltadm

• Captain
« Reply #603 on: 09 August 2011, 19:49:41 »

With spiders, I've got a coworker who uses his Airsoft guns to blow them away. #P

I see that ending badly. Buddy shoots spider, misses, BB ricocies and hits the Chief of the Boat in the aft.
No Matter where you go,there you are

,,,,gotta lov "Space Cougers"

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
« Reply #604 on: 09 August 2011, 19:56:23 »
At home off base.

Because they're afraid of letting the civilian DoD police get outgunned, they (officially) won't let us have anything resembling a real gun on base with out several layers of permissions.

And we don't have much of a bug problem usually.  I've seen maybe one insect underway after an extended time on patrol.
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #605 on: 09 August 2011, 20:03:24 »
Funny clip. I like Woody Allen but some of his movies get a *bit* tedious.

A 'bit' tedious?  I find his films unfunny, for the most part.  He's got a handful of films I really like, including the excellent Match Point which I was shocked to find was an Allen directed film, but on the whole I am not a fan.

fltadm

• Captain
« Reply #606 on: 09 August 2011, 20:45:56 »
At home off base.

Because they're afraid of letting the civilian DoD police get outgunned, they (officially) won't let us have anything resembling a real gun on base with out several layers of permissions.

And we don't have much of a bug problem usually.  I've seen maybe one insect underway after an extended time on patrol.

I would comment except

A) Would risk being Political

B) Be So wrong it would not be funny.

97jedi

« Reply #607 on: 09 August 2011, 23:15:56 »
I've never seen any of Woody Allen's movies. His comedy is often played on the local radio station, though, and I often laugh at his material.

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
« Reply #608 on: 10 August 2011, 00:24:22 »
I think Woody Allen was a gifted writer in his youth, but he's a sleazy old creapazoid now, and the sound of his voice---his awful, horrible VOICE---awakens some latent bully deep within me and I want to just lay into him with a wrench until he stops twitching.

LiaoFan

• Master Sergeant
  • Fanatical member of the Capellan Foreign Legion.
« Reply #609 on: 10 August 2011, 00:57:26 »
You know, I think I'd pay to see that.

Attached to the 17th Donegal.  No one else would have me.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #610 on: 10 August 2011, 01:35:08 »
At home off base.

Wow, that's pretty crazy.  We trust these guys with nukes on duty, but pistols on their off hours?  Never!
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
« Reply #611 on: 10 August 2011, 01:40:34 »
Wow, that's pretty crazy.  We trust these guys with nukes on duty, but pistols on their off hours?  Never!

It's harder to nuke an MP into oblivion when you're lit up off-duty.

fltadm

• Captain
« Reply #612 on: 10 August 2011, 01:44:40 »
I think it has more to do with where you can safly store it , and to prevent barricks room fights from getting too out of hand. And why I did not think of that a few hours ago I don't know. :-[

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #613 on: 10 August 2011, 01:52:27 »
I think Woody Allen was a gifted writer in his youth, but he's a sleazy old creapazoid now, and the sound of his voice---his awful, horrible VOICE---awakens some latent bully deep within me and I want to just lay into him with a wrench until he stops twitching.

I once heard that Frank Sinatra offered to Mia Farrow to have Woody Allen badly beaten when the Soony-Yi scandal broke out. She declined, but I sorta wish she hadn't.

Neko_Bijin

• Lieutenant
  • Alpha Strike naïf
« Reply #614 on: 10 August 2011, 06:40:10 »
It was all there at the outset.  In Manhattan Allen portrays himself as a kind of monster, perhaps inadvertently.
"Lord Kurita is merciful.  You will be spared the humiliation of a trial.  Instead, you are invited to dine with your sainted ancestors.  You don't follow?  Let me rephrase.  I am about to run you through with my sword.  Now you get the picture?  Good."

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #615 on: 10 August 2011, 12:26:46 »
I once heard that Frank Sinatra offered to Mia Farrow to have Woody Allen badly beaten when the Soony-Yi scandal broke out. She declined, but I sorta wish she hadn't.
Beaten?  I heard he was going to call in certain Italian contacts and have Woody go the way of Jimmy Hoffa.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #616 on: 10 August 2011, 13:22:22 »
Beaten?  I heard he was going to call in certain Italian contacts and have Woody go the way of Jimmy Hoffa.

Well, that's urban legends for you.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #617 on: 10 August 2011, 13:23:22 »
So, I was checking in RSVP cards today for my wedding and one of my white trash cousins put "+10" on her card. WHAT?! Who does that?!. It's an adult reception and her children are all grown. If she included her children and their spouses, that's, um, 6 or 7. So who the hell are the extra people? And If I could/wanted to invite them, don't you think I would have?  This damn wedding stuff is for the birds. I have always maintained my desire for a courthouse wedding and save the money for a honeymoon (or a house)
Maker of big things.

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #618 on: 10 August 2011, 13:36:27 »
I have always maintained my desire for a courthouse wedding and save the money for a honeymoon (or a house)

Thats what my wife and I did, with a small reception afterwards.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #619 on: 10 August 2011, 13:37:30 »
So this is the thread I need to ask for advice on wedding planning if I should for some reason need it.  Although the Capellan Confederation-themed plates might be a bit much...

Caesar Steiner for Archon

• Captain
  • I think I'm dehydrated. What day is it?
« Reply #620 on: 10 August 2011, 13:39:15 »
I have a card up my sleeve to make sure I don't have to be involved with any of the planning.

Step one: Tell her I want a Green Bay Packers-themed wedding.

That's all. Way I see it, I probably just got myself out of any kind of involvement, and if she says yes then it's actually NOT a mistake.

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

LiaoFan

• Master Sergeant
  • Fanatical member of the Capellan Foreign Legion.
« Reply #621 on: 10 August 2011, 13:44:43 »
I actually said I wanted a World Wrestling Federation wedding.  I went on to say that I wanted to dress as Jake 'the Snake' Roberts.

Bingo.  No more responsibility.  (Apart from taking care of the occasional snafu.)

Attached to the 17th Donegal.  No one else would have me.

• Captain
« Reply #622 on: 10 August 2011, 13:50:07 »
Not Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth?

(Also I would refer to my groomsmen as my "offensive line" since their job is to fight the Bride's family).

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
« Reply #623 on: 10 August 2011, 14:35:16 »
Honestly, despite all the frustration I experienced getting to that point, my wedding was amazing and totally worth it. The bride was heartstoppingly beautiful. The casual reception with hot dogs and hamburgers and beers in a park was really nice too, at least for me. And of course it was excellent to have Team Davion present.

• Captain
« Reply #624 on: 10 August 2011, 15:20:54 »
And as the icing on the cake, I understand nobody pounced on your totally drunk sister?

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #625 on: 10 August 2011, 15:24:03 »
Not Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth?

(Also I would refer to my groomsmen as my "offensive line" since their job is to fight the Bride's family).
Shouldn't that be Defensive Line, since they're defending you from said family?
Sunrise is Coming.

boilerman

• Lieutenant
  • Spinning wrenches since 1968.
« Reply #626 on: 10 August 2011, 15:25:35 »
That USN never has trusted sailors with firearms. 

Avatar by Wombat. Thanks Wombat!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #627 on: 10 August 2011, 15:26:36 »
That USN never has trusted sailors with firearms. 

Wise
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

• Captain
« Reply #628 on: 10 August 2011, 15:28:07 »
Shouldn't that be Defensive Line, since they're defending you from said family?

The family is the defensive line, because their goal is to get past the boys on the O-line and get to me. I think the ushers are maybe the safeties? I'm not sure how they fit in to this.

I DO know the bride is the ball, though.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #629 on: 10 August 2011, 15:31:13 »
Just try not to toss her around too much.  Spiking in the end zone is probably also not recommended.
Sunrise is Coming.