Author Topic: What's in the pipeline?  (Read 266867 times)

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Re: What's in the pipeline?
« Reply #810 on: 30 June 2018, 05:45:43 »
That's exactly how bad rumors start.  Can we not?
Hey Scotty relax, some of us have been dealing with this issue almost as long as you have been alive, rumors good or bad generate buzz and buzz generates interest. If you don’t believe me look at another “game” that is produced “across the pond”. It has rumors both good and bad, and they made close to 150 million in the last half of 2017. Some of us remember the days when that game and battletech used to be neck and neck with popularity and maybe it can be again but only time will tell. So allow us our victory lap thanks!
« Last Edit: 30 June 2018, 06:00:05 by wolfspider »
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #811 on: 30 June 2018, 11:06:13 »
I think Speck will be sneaky on this one. Will he surprise us at GenCon with a handful of Wasp and Valkyrie minis??? That would be the best message for us ;)

As of now I have nothing new to report.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #812 on: 30 June 2018, 11:27:33 »
As of now I have nothing new to report.

8)

Everyone...I know your all excited, as am I. This is the time of the year I literally go broke because I buy WAY too much for myself and my online store.

If we could all just relax a bit (myself included) that would be awesome. Some of the rumors are getting hard to quell, and I'm sure that Speck is being PM'd a lot with questions he cannot answer. I've even gotten a lot...and I just sell for them...I'm not them! LOL. The rumors are becoming unsubstantiated facts sadly... especially on Facebook.

Let's all use keywords like "I hope" and such...until TPTB, Catalyst, and the fine folks at IWM make an official announcement.

Trust me when I say THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A BATTLETECH FAN! Not just because of the end of the suit. Many things this year are happening and have happened!

It's just bad timing that the suit ended when it did because it's SO close to the largest convention for Battletech.

IF...and I do mean IF... Catalyst and IWM have the all clear to proceed with new Classic Sculpts...you can bet your house, car, first born, etc. they are scrambling to get them done for the show.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #813 on: 30 June 2018, 16:08:04 »
Well, I'll be sitting here with my wallet open patiently waiting for the classics - particularly the Marauder.

But, ya, I imagine people will get to them as soon as they reasonably can. No reason to suspect otherwise at this point and no reason to badger.

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #814 on: 30 June 2018, 22:42:59 »
My wallet is also ready for deployment at CGL/IWM's pleasure.
Hayden

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #815 on: 01 July 2018, 04:05:27 »
Well, I'll be sitting here with my wallet open patiently waiting for the classics - particularly the Marauder.

But, ya, I imagine people will get to them as soon as they reasonably can. No reason to suspect otherwise at this point and no reason to badger.

- Shane

The answer is out there...
But for a quicker answer. You won't see it this year, at least in plastic. Probably not in metal either but it will show up eventually according to a dev.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #816 on: 01 July 2018, 18:04:00 »
Con Specials 2018

More to come

I added a few other mechs that will be for sale. So you do not ask, no classic still to early to know when Wasp and Valkyrie will be available.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #817 on: 01 July 2018, 18:07:11 »
I added a few other mechs that will be for sale. So you do not ask, no classic still to early to know when Wasp and Valkyrie will be available.

Speck...even at my cost, you guys are seriously trying to make me go broke! LOL loving this line up this year!

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #818 on: 01 July 2018, 18:07:45 »
This is all looking great.

All I have to do now, is find somebody whom I can bribe, blackmail, or bamboozle into doing some proxy shopping for me.  >:D

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #819 on: 01 July 2018, 18:43:45 »
Interesting choice with the Ryoken III B for the standalone release. What made you decide on that one? Sculptor’s whim?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #820 on: 01 July 2018, 18:46:16 »
Interesting choice with the Ryoken III B for the standalone release. What made you decide on that one? Sculptor’s whim?

I'd guess either being a familiar variant like the Ryoken "Stormcrow" B...or sculptors choice/recommendation.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #821 on: 01 July 2018, 19:07:29 »

Just picked it that’s all. After gencon both B and Prime will be blister pack releases. The Prime being a distro release either 4th quarter or 1st quarter 2019 still figuring it out. So the Web only B will be available same time the Prime comes out.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #822 on: 01 July 2018, 19:20:49 »

In fairness, the fact that the word "when" not "if" was used is heartening. And with that...

About the Royal Shad -- I can't wait to see pics of it!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #823 on: 01 July 2018, 23:23:38 »
In fairness, the fact that the word "when" not "if" was used is heartening. And with that...

About the Royal Shad -- I can't wait to see pics of it!

Yo I missed that phrasing. Good catch. Hopefully the when isn’t 2035  :D

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #824 on: 02 July 2018, 00:57:18 »
The sooner IWM can get the Wasp back into production the better. I hope Speck can give us a better time frame after con season :)

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #825 on: 02 July 2018, 01:53:28 »
Request: Crusader that looks like it has ~15 LRMs in the arms and 2, 3 or 6 SRM tubes in each hip.

We've got a bunch of minis that represent most of the rest of the unseen, but only the sad phoenix Crusader.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2018, 04:02:37 by Greatclub »

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #826 on: 02 July 2018, 04:45:52 »
Request: Crusader that looks like it has ~15 LRMs in the arms and 2, 3 or 6 SRM tubes in each hip.

We've got a bunch of minis that represent most of the rest of the unseen, but only the sad phoenix Crusader.
Oh man, i'd love to see Shimmy redesign the Crusader for the Classics!

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #827 on: 02 July 2018, 12:13:58 »
Is the Catapult II going to be at the show? I know I submitted the files a while ago...

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #828 on: 02 July 2018, 12:57:58 »
Oh man, i'd love to see Shimmy redesign the Crusader for the Classics!

Amen. The original Crusader mini from back in the day was very Blah.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #829 on: 02 July 2018, 13:36:16 »
Probably a long way off from a classic crud. The 3085 Phoenix II version is coming later this year and I’ve been looking forward to that since I first saw the art

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #830 on: 02 July 2018, 16:20:45 »
Probably a long way off from a classic crud. The 3085 Phoenix II version is coming later this year and I’ve been looking forward to that since I first saw the art

Where did you hear that?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #831 on: 02 July 2018, 16:24:35 »
Where did you hear that?

It's listed as an upcoming Online Exclusive

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #832 on: 02 July 2018, 16:27:41 »
I recently kitbashed one that has the shoulder covers and hip launchers using the PP version as the base.  I've set it up as the 5S.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #833 on: 02 July 2018, 20:00:21 »

Are you sure you don't mean this Phoenix:

Trust me, no new Classics are going to be on any "coming soon" list right now. Wait. It'll happen in it's own time.

Yes, I want them too, as much as anyone. But patience is a virtue.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #834 on: 02 July 2018, 20:14:40 »
Are you sure you don't mean this Phoenix:

Trust me, no new Classics are going to be on any "coming soon" list right now. Wait. It'll happen in it's own time.

Yes, I want them too, as much as anyone. But patience is a virtue.

W.

Not talking about classics, the Crusader 8L from TRO 3085 was Fan financed.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #835 on: 02 July 2018, 20:41:08 »

Oh, for some reason I thought we were talking about a 3085 Phoenix Hawk mini, not a Crusader. :facepalm:
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #836 on: 03 July 2018, 10:38:19 »
Not talking about classics, the Crusader 8L from TRO 3085 was Fan financed.

I enjoy the Project Phoenix Crusaders. Looking forward to it.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #837 on: 03 July 2018, 13:41:15 »
Oh, for some reason I thought we were talking about a 3085 Phoenix Hawk mini, not a Crusader. :facepalm:

This is what happens when I get lazy and don’t quote the previous post for context

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #838 on: 05 July 2018, 07:09:53 »
Was the Phoenix Hawk IIC redesigned or variant was suppose to have come out?  I remember jabber about it but i am not sure if it happened.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List