Author Topic: Raven Alliance: The Shiny Red Button of Orbital Doom  (Read 126033 times)

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
Re: Raven Alliance: The Shiny Red Button of Orbital Doom
« Reply #270 on: 24 September 2019, 16:47:58 »
Odyssey, Aesir, Vanir, 2 x Nagasawa. 

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
    • Clan Snow Wolf - Homepage
« Reply #271 on: 31 October 2019, 08:08:56 »
I am back after a long time break!

But from time to time i read you guys   ^-^

I think the Raven still establishing them self in the Politic of the Outworld Alliance and rebuild there toumand.
Look how many Ships they lost by moving from the Homeworlds to the Inner Sphere.

The Ghost Bears and Ravens are sure have some Battles together (like in old days)
I really welcome the Merging of this 2 Factions the Outworld Alliance fit very well for the Revans
I hope to see in futre more moving for the Raven Alliance by expanding upward and recolonise the starsystems  like they had in 3145 MAP
a litte more closer Stand to the Gost Bears would be nice

And like i said before they need the first CLAM (CLAN Land-Air-Mechs)
I think the Jade Falcon can use some LAM too becaus of the Birdtotem but the Raven sould be sure the 1st one.
The Raven way of thinking and the Raven strategie for Aircrafts and not well use of Mechs made LAMs/LAOM to first choice.
And in my thinkings i made no stop by CLAMs i go far to LAOM (Land-Air-Omni-Mechs)

I question will be threre a future alliance with Davion or not ?!? what you guys think ?
« Last Edit: 31 October 2019, 08:16:09 by Doy »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #272 on: 31 October 2019, 15:34:38 »
TPTB will do what they want, which is normally unpredictable.  My guess is that they will want to keep the sides relatively balanced, which was why the Federated Commonwealth had to die.  Knowing if the Ravens and Suns will ally will depend on what other alliances materialized.  Whatever happens, the Ravens will try to play both sides.
As for LAMS, when the Nova Cats captured the last LAM factory, they methodically destroyed everything because it offended their sense of caste (mechwarrior vs. pilot).  Even if the Ravens weren't offended in this manner, they would calculate that other clans would be and realize that they were pinning a target on their back.  For this reason, they will not attempt to revive LAMs.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #273 on: 31 October 2019, 16:18:28 »

One could say that there is a subconscious desire for LAMs in certain Clans, but being expressed through designs with Partial Wings and Improved Jump Jets.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #274 on: 31 October 2019, 21:56:02 »
TPTB will do what they want, which is normally unpredictable.  My guess is that they will want to keep the sides relatively balanced, which was why the Federated Commonwealth had to die.  Knowing if the Ravens and Suns will ally will depend on what other alliances materialized.  Whatever happens, the Ravens will try to play both sides.
As for LAMS, when the Nova Cats captured the last LAM factory, they methodically destroyed everything because it offended their sense of caste (mechwarrior vs. pilot).  Even if the Ravens weren't offended in this manner, they would calculate that other clans would be and realize that they were pinning a target on their back.  For this reason, they will not attempt to revive LAMs.

On the other hand, that was then, this is now. We've got a mixture of Aerospace and Ground combat with ProtoMechs (aerospace pilots, ground combat), and there's the TankWarrior, which is a mixture of Elemental and MW, then there's the QuadVee, and the mixture of MW and Elemental with the Neural Interface System.

What will probably keep LAMs from appearing in the Clans is the fact that the new rules pretty much crippled any chance for the LAMs to actually be useful...

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #275 on: 01 November 2019, 15:14:25 »
The Ravens watched the Wolverines get annihilated for innovating.  I doubt they will want to draw attention to themselves for a technology that doesn't provide the greatest results to begin with.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #276 on: 01 November 2019, 18:56:21 »
They watched the Wolverines get annihilated for innovating (supposedly) 300 years ago. Since then you have Phenotypes, Armored Infantry, ProtoMechs,  Clantech in general, Omnitech...you've got an invasion of the Inner Sphere, a Wars of Reaving, you've got two (in the IS atleast) Clans that have integrated into Inner Sphere factions to one degree or another.

"We're going to produce a LAM" is hardly going to garner a twitch of reaction.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #277 on: 01 November 2019, 19:09:16 »
One must remember that the Falcons, the most traditional of the Clans, were experimenting with LAMs on Huntress during the Twilight of the Clans novel series. It should be no surprise if the Ravens, or even the Cobras, experimented with the tech, especially if it were early in the history of the clans.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #278 on: 01 November 2019, 23:30:44 »
Right.  What if the Nova Cats' reaction of torching the LAM facility was peculiar to only their Clan, and was not a reflection of the Clans attitude as a whole?  LAMs and the Ravens seem to go hand in hand.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #279 on: 02 November 2019, 00:51:49 »
Plus you could have the Amish part of your touman use it.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #280 on: 02 November 2019, 12:33:10 »
Question for you Raven fans:

As of 3060, Aeroyard Gargain is owned and operated by Clan Snow Raven.

And in 3088 Clan Stone Lion owns it (100%).

Would it still be around in 3088, the production lines?

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bearclaw

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #281 on: 02 November 2019, 16:19:46 »
I don't see specific mention of that facility being destroyed.

And there is reference to facilities being repaired.

So... maybe?
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #282 on: 02 November 2019, 16:27:09 »
If the Ravens boxed it up during the departure from the homeworlds, the important part of the yards may have been by the Vipers.

Onion2112

• Sergeant
« Reply #283 on: 02 November 2019, 23:58:29 »
What is the consensus about the possibility of Raven Triads in the Dark Age replacing their ASFs with VTOLs (ie the Gossamer).
Perhaps one of the Triads in a Cluster could be converted to an ASF Trinary or some Triads could retain ASFs

Even with this slight reduction, from the FM:3145 the amount of ASFs in the Raven Alliance is massive - it is stated that with the mobilization of the Naval ASFs that this force is larger than the normal Touman ASF and AMC ASF forces combined.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #284 on: 17 January 2020, 06:24:04 »
I need folks imput and thoughts here!

The Clan Snow Raven Dress uniform is described as.

A snug-fitting, snow white woolen jacket and trousers is the Snow Raven's dress uniform. Black chevrons cover the upper torso and back, crossing the flared shoulders and merging with the black full length cape. Black boots and belt complete the uniform

And I simply can't even visualise how that would look other than a flaming hot mess that's very 'extra' if we're being polite.

Now, totally unrelated to this and asked for no good reason what so ever related to possible future projects *coughs* instead of...well..*points up* that...something more akin to this is used as a reference.

Keep the white trousers and sleeves, turn the blue jacket into a black one with white piping, the coat gets turned into a white cloak but with a black inner and various changes to belts etc and frogging.

Ya think that would look good as a Snow Raven officer's dress uniform? Again. Asking for no particular reason...
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #285 on: 17 January 2020, 08:25:29 »
It sounds like a marching band torso.

And is this a preposed related question to a certain late July -early August party in Indy IN perhaps...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #286 on: 11 March 2020, 01:50:48 »
I'm... back?

Hey.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #287 on: 11 March 2020, 12:58:52 »
Nice to see you, again?  ;D

Where ya been?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #288 on: 11 March 2020, 13:33:13 »
Welcome back! It's been pretty quiet in here.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #289 on: 11 March 2020, 16:51:54 »
Hi Nibs and the other Ravens who are watching the thread.
As you can see, It's been really quiet.  We've had nothing new in the fiction, so we've had nothing to talk about.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #290 on: 11 March 2020, 20:00:29 »
Got a thinker here...

Ideal 3155ish fleet, what's your take?

Any Clan and IS jumper, both combat and non...
Include any dropper class and what productions you'd use...

Have fun,
Truetanker
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #291 on: 11 March 2020, 23:08:42 »
I've been perusing the last eight years of fiction and TROs since I last touched anything BattleTech. Goodness! The possibility of Raven involvement in Palmyra was delightful.

Mostly, I've been drawn back in again by the Kickstarter. I went in for Star Commander, to add to my little Raven force of a Nova (both arms have fallen off), Stormcrow, Deimos, and Shadow Cat. Combined, I figure I could have a nice OmniMech Binary with a couple Elemental Points. Thinking about getting three Salamander Points to round out the battle armour Star and then a Point of Rocs for fun. I've always been a huge ProtoMech fan.

I have been also considering making an Alliance Military Corps lance to go along with my Ravens. I could even add the Rocs in a combined force, as per canon in FM:3085. Currently, I'm thinking of a Merlin, Night Hawk, Stinger IIC, and maybe a Klondike-era Firefly inherited by the AMC. The art for that one is too rad.

For the Kickstarter UrbanMech, I was thinking of making a scratch force of Ramora Planetary Militia centred around it. A personal favourite of mine, Ramora was also noted for having "Surat" Grey Death Standard defending it from a pirate raid. Throw in some light vehicles and a planetary defense force forms!

I love it when a plan comes together.

Crow

• Master Sergeant
  • Scientist-General
« Reply #292 on: 22 March 2020, 06:28:03 »
Hey trothkin,

I'm building a Raven Alliance protomech binary (which might also serve as a Society false flag force in a campaign). I have 80% of the minis, but I can't decide if I should use Satyr 2, Chysaor 2 to complement this force:

10 Centaur 4
10 Roc
10 Gorgon 3
10 Minoaur 3

Note: I'm not going to bother with using Satyr 1s for scouting, because that's what ASFs with BAP are for  ;)
YOU DARE REFUSE MY BOOF?

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #293 on: 22 March 2020, 07:19:39 »

I would suggest the Chysaor 2, it is slightly less mobile but the firepower increase helps it in every role.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Crow

• Master Sergeant
  • Scientist-General
« Reply #294 on: 22 March 2020, 09:41:46 »

I would suggest the Chysaor 2, it is slightly less mobile but the firepower increase helps it in every role.

Aye, that's what I was inclined to as well. Piggy it is! *oink*
YOU DARE REFUSE MY BOOF?

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #295 on: 15 June 2020, 05:07:11 »

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #296 on: 15 June 2020, 09:06:16 »
I mean, it would make sense. I guess we'll start finding out soon as the Recognition Guides start coming out. Looking forward to new stuff  ;D

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #297 on: 15 June 2020, 12:09:11 »
Could the War Crow be an Omniversion of the Dark Crow?
I think that I can make it work.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #298 on: 15 June 2020, 12:26:48 »
Have to admit, I would really like that. The aesthetics of the Dark Crow really stand out. Actually prompted me to start buying mini's again. I'd like to see Raven mechs continue to have that sort of uniqueness.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #299 on: 17 June 2020, 17:39:40 »
 If you had to standardize the Clan down to five basic omnis, which would you choose?