Author Topic: Customer Service  (Read 140337 times)

mitchberthelson

• Warrant Officer
  • Death to Zohan!
Re: Customer Service
« Reply #240 on: 18 June 2023, 13:24:07 »
Hello. My Battletech Essentials box set came today and it comes with a "Thanks For Playing" voucher that says "Just input this code at checkout for a $20 coupon."

I ordered a Force Pack on the Catalyst Store, put in the code, and it only took $5.00 off the price. This code appears to be 20% off, but the voucher promises a flat $20.00. How do I get my $20.00 if I don't want to order more than one item?

EDIT: Issue resolved per dedicated thread. This can now be disregarded.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2023, 11:17:29 by mitchberthelson »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #241 on: 25 June 2023, 00:12:28 »
Who do I contact at CGL about a Pack Hunter with a arm on backwards?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #242 on: 16 October 2023, 19:03:07 »
Are things just like, super backed up?  I sent in a request over a month ago now, got the 'we're experiencing delays' message.  But nothing since. 

Which given it's about being unable to claim a couple kickstarter novel PDF awards because the dropbox isn't active?  Kinda hard to read what I was hoping to.  (I actually sent another message through the clan invasion kickstarter messaging thing too, even further back, and nothing there either)

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #243 on: 02 December 2023, 16:21:34 »
What's the current support turn around time for the store?   

I have an unfulfilled book order and it's been a month since I first messaged with no response.

Also assuming store@ is still the best contact.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2023, 16:49:41 by Geg »

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #244 on: 02 December 2023, 16:26:18 »
Yeah, I'm wondering if there have been problems on the backend recently too.

Still haven't gotten a response about my follow-up inquiries regarding replacing my Adepticon 2023 Rifleman mini

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #245 on: 02 December 2023, 16:46:56 »
I had a serious issue lately. I accidentally ordered some stuff to my old address. I contacted customer support to get the address fixed, but got no response even when the package shipped almost a week later - and yes, it went to the wrong place. USPS tried a couple times to deliver it, gave up, and now the package is on its way back to the warehouse. So I've don't have my stuff, CGL has my money, and I can't seem to contact anyone to fix this.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #246 on: 08 December 2023, 14:10:34 »
I had a serious issue lately. I accidentally ordered some stuff to my old address. I contacted customer support to get the address fixed, but got no response even when the package shipped almost a week later - and yes, it went to the wrong place. USPS tried a couple times to deliver it, gave up, and now the package is on its way back to the warehouse. So I've don't have my stuff, CGL has my money, and I can't seem to contact anyone to fix this.

Update on this: My order status has been changed to "Unfulfilled," but no refund and no contact from CGL.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Swift Hunter

• Recruit
« Reply #247 on: 09 December 2023, 12:06:58 »
Is Catalyst still looking into the premium Stormcrow TC issue? Haven't received any replies to the email I sent a month ago.

delta_blue

• Recruit
« Reply #248 on: 09 December 2023, 17:53:17 »
I'm also having a similar issue.  Ordered the Hammerhead and the Clan Heavy Battle Star.  The box set came but no Hammerhead with it.  Sent a couple e-mails over the last 2-3 weeks and not heard anything. 

Swift Hunter

• Recruit
« Reply #249 on: 15 December 2023, 14:16:36 »
My latest order was also missing an item, still no response to any previous emails. Would rather not resort to chargebacks, but it's looking like I may have to go that route.
Complete lack of response has made me lose a lot of faith in catalyst.

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #250 on: 17 December 2023, 15:50:20 »
As a roundabout attempt to get in communication with anyone Catalyst regarding the issue, I sent a message through Kickstarter to the folks running the Mercs campaign.  They let me know that they're also trying to get in touch with the CGL Store in some sort of way.  I wonder where the disconnect is happening.

SANSd20

• Sergeant
« Reply #251 on: 19 December 2023, 02:02:18 »
As a roundabout attempt to get in communication with anyone Catalyst regarding the issue, I sent a message through Kickstarter to the folks running the Mercs campaign.  They let me know that they're also trying to get in touch with the CGL Store in some sort of way.  I wonder where the disconnect is happening.

I don't know if this is funny or said.
Mecr KS back #244

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #252 on: 19 December 2023, 13:15:59 »
I don't know if this is funny or said.
Yeah the Mercenaries folks have been excellent in handling any issues with backer kits.

Meanwhile the CGL store appears to be shipping physical items very promptly (picked up a hat and mug last week), but it seems like no one's answering anything regarding miniature problems

Blkbr2020

• Private
« Reply #253 on: 21 December 2023, 07:03:02 »
I hope we start getting quicker responses from the store. I received a mug that broke in shipping and I am awaiting a response. Pretty frustrating to receive a broken item when they are $40 each.

RabidFox

• Sergeant
« Reply #254 on: 21 December 2023, 16:37:11 »
Does the NEWYEAR discount code that the Catalyst store has running stack with the BattleTech Essentials coupon codes?  Is see nothing about restrictions on the NEWYEAR discount or BT Essentials coupon codes.  I can't use both when trying to order some items.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2023, 16:53:01 by RabidFox »

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #255 on: 22 December 2023, 10:25:28 »
What's the current support turn around time for the store?   

I have an unfulfilled book order and it's been a month since I first messaged with no response.

Also assuming store@ is still the best contact.

3 Weeks on, and still nothing.

Cylence

• Private
« Reply #256 on: 22 December 2023, 11:27:04 »
Yep.  Never heard a peep from my email either outside of the auto responder.  Catalyst really needs to up their game in the customer service/web presence/social medial realms.  With their drive into boardgames (and the apparent association with the nightmare that is Petersen Games), things are only going to get worse.

I get volunteer moderators, but as the premium mini fiascos show, they really need someone official at least monitoring their media channels - it's not like this is a fan forum, it's attached to the official battletech.com domain owned by Catalyst. 

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #257 on: 26 December 2023, 11:47:00 »
Yep.  Never heard a peep from my email either outside of the auto responder.  Catalyst really needs to up their game in the customer service/web presence/social medial realms.  With their drive into boardgames (and the apparent association with the nightmare that is Petersen Games), things are only going to get worse.

I get volunteer moderators, but as the premium mini fiascos show, they really need someone official at least monitoring their media channels - it's not like this is a fan forum, it's attached to the official battletech.com domain owned by Catalyst.

Last time I voiced that kind of sentiment here, I was promptly shouted down with the "argument" that Catalyst is small and cannot afford to fulfill its contractual obligations to its customers (i.e. provide basic customer service to make sure they actually got what they paid for).

I get that customer service isn´t sexy, but what´s going to happen when enough fans get sick of paying good money for nothing and word gets around how Catalyst basically abandons customers once they got their money? I´m sure the money they saved from not having a customer service person will go a long towards towards making up for the lack of new customers...
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Blkbr2020

• Private
« Reply #258 on: 28 December 2023, 17:57:41 »
Still no word on my broken mug  :cry:

Anyone else having better luck hearing from CS?

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #259 on: 28 December 2023, 19:24:40 »
Still no word on my broken mug  :cry:

Anyone else having better luck hearing from CS?
The webstore has been closed for the holidays since before your first post about the broken mug and doesn't reopen until next week, you are unlikely to hear back before then.

Yskonyn

• Private
  • Running an online thing is like herding cats
« Reply #260 on: 04 January 2024, 13:30:52 »
I forgot,but I wanted to chime in on my customer care status.
Everything has been resolved by Catalyst properly! I was trying to contact them in vain about the missing dice / credit from the Clan Invasion kickstarter, but before closure of the Mercs kickstarter I was able to get my missing credits added.

It must have been a hell of a time for CGL getting stuff sorted manually. I still believe the comms from customer care was atrocious or rather, non existant, leaving me in doubt for far too long, but in their defense, my email address for kickstarter and backerkit are different. This made collecting my info more difficult. Still, seeing recent reports here it seems CGL would do well to give more priority to communicating with customers in a shorter timeframe.

In the end all has been sorted and I am a happy camper. Kudos to CGL to keep their promise.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2024, 13:33:13 by Yskonyn »

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #261 on: 05 January 2024, 12:23:57 »
I still haven't heard on my issue from like...  September?  Maybe August. 

FIVE-one

• Recruit
« Reply #262 on: 06 January 2024, 14:58:43 »
Heavy issue here :
Placed an order late November, confident in the store reputation.
No news ever since. Order still "unfulfilled". We are now in January and I'm supposed to move in a few weeks and won't be able to receive my package.
Have been mailing nearly each week the store mail address. Tryied also to contact the FB pages (even if I onow they are run by volounteets) on other user advice. No news. Luckily I paid through Paypal and can still launch a refund ticket.

TL:DR : just wanted answer or my order. Didn't have neither of them.
By the Bloodname of the Founder

SANSd20

• Sergeant
« Reply #263 on: 06 January 2024, 21:13:09 »
What is everyone ordering that you are having issues with? I have ordered several rulebooks and over the last few months and had no issues.
Mecr KS back #244

delta_blue

• Recruit
« Reply #264 on: 07 January 2024, 00:43:08 »
I ordered the Hammerhead premium miniature along with a regular box of mechs.  Got the mechs, premium miniature was nowhere to be seen.  Literally been like 7-8 weeks since I ordered it haven't heard anything. 

FIVE-one

• Recruit
« Reply #265 on: 07 January 2024, 01:12:51 »
Ordered the Commander's edition of Alpha strike plus some figures. Including a Legendary MW pack and a premium figure. Looks like the two last are causing a problem.
Anyway I'd like to have a feedback if it was the case.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #266 on: 07 January 2024, 22:12:21 »
I haven't had my physical ilClan classics order fulfilled yet.  This issue has been going on since the summer at least.

SANSd20

• Sergeant
« Reply #267 on: 08 January 2024, 19:54:27 »
Ordered the Commander's edition of Alpha strike plus some figures. Including a Legendary MW pack and a premium figure. Looks like the two last are causing a problem.

Did you get any type of shipping info? I also order ASCE and the Legendary pack on December 28 and got at least the shipping notice on the 6th.
Mecr KS back #244

FIVE-one

• Recruit
« Reply #268 on: 11 January 2024, 01:47:45 »
Not at all. No answer as of today. Opened a Paypal refund case yesterday.

Worst customer service I met in several years...

SANSd20

• Sergeant
« Reply #269 on: 11 January 2024, 09:21:07 »

Other than the Legendary pack, what other figures did you get? which premium?
Mecr KS back #244