Author Topic: Box Set smash hit....  (Read 1891 times)

Highlander00

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
Box Set smash hit....
« on: 17 April 2011, 01:48:13 »
"One thing at a time. We have to figure out how to keep a production run from selling out in 10 days as it is...."

- Herbert Beas

Ok, so if the box set sold out in 10 days from Catalyst's warehouse(which is impressive as hell from a business point of view), and all of the boxes are out on the market right now. How long does it take the manufacturer to produce a new box set for Catalyst once the order is placed with them?(I'm assuming it's all done in china because they have cornered the market because of cost). I mean, now that the template has already been established it should be pretty quick. Do they just bring up the previous Catalyst work order and hit reprint? and when the next wave of box sets get here, will it be like the previous Catalyst box or will the current version be produced for the foreseeable future as the standard introductory set?

Thanks to all those at Catalyst whose put in the hard work to produce another outstanding product.
Highlander00

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Box Set smash hit....
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2011, 13:17:05 »
Hello,

As it happens, I honestly don't know what happens on the printing end of things, and I tend to make it a point not to know, since I'm happy with just getting product written, edited, and handed into layout so that we never run out of content *to* publish. To me, what happens after it leaves my hands may as well fall into the realm of elves and Tetetae laborers trained in the finest traditions of Conrad Toyama....

I'm just tickled (and awed) when we sell out of a print run in the smallest percentage of the time it took us to actually get it to sale....

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

Register