Author Topic: taurian aerospace forces or corps  (Read 2855 times)

Hairbear541

• Master Sergeant
taurian aerospace forces or corps
« on: 11 October 2018, 20:39:24 »
now before everybody starts stomping on me with jackboots i'm going to give some references 1st and foremost ;
periphery 1st edition pg 76 & pg 82
periphery 2nd edition pg 21
periphery 3rd edition pg 55
handbook major periphery states pg 115
now thats established , my question is just how large is this independent branch of the taurian military(and i'm not talking about those few aerospace units that i consider part of the taurian army since they are always part of the regimental to&e).

if this branch were to gain parity with the other 2 services just how many asf and cf would there be .

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
Re: taurian aerospace forces or corps
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2018, 15:14:03 »
periphery 3rd edition pg 55

Do you mean pg 52 of the Field Manual?

In any case, I figure (as a generic Sphere-wide average) about 5/6ths of all 'Mech companies have a pair of aerospace fighters attached, and an average faction would have a similar number of fighters assigned to independent fleet duties. The Field Manual puts Taurian aerospace formations at about 2/3rds of their normal size; since the book makes no distinction between ground support and independent fighters, I assume the reduction applies to both.

I imagine conventional fighters would exist in a similar ratio to armor units, and would be accounted as conventional or militia forces.
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

Hairbear541

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2018, 20:51:47 »
skiltao , thanks for the come back . now i;ve read that the taurian  army has somewhere between 1300 to 1500 bm . so my question still stands , roughly how many asf and cf would this branch of the tdf have .

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2018, 12:27:04 »
Ignoring regimental support as a separate branch, your independent aerospace group would need 177 to 208 fighters to achieve "parity" with 1300 to 1500 'Mechs.

That branch shouldn't have any conventional fighters, but at a guess, there might be 177 to 416 CFs attached to various armor and infantry units. (Conventional forces are hard to count.)
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2018, 21:24:53 »
I'd run a Squadron of CF for every Battalion of Tanks and every 6th Company of Infantry. And if these were combed, I'll run 2 Squadrons of CF for this unit!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register