Author Topic: Partial cover, yes or no?  (Read 711 times)

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
Partial cover, yes or no?
« on: 23 September 2018, 02:55:10 »
Situation came up tonight because we had not played with tanks in awhile.  A Gargoyle is at level 0 right next to a level 1 hill.  Roughly 2 hexes away is a tank that has a LOS to the Gargoyle and the tank is sitting on the level 1.  It was late in the game, but my thought process is this is a situation where the mech would probably have partial cover.  There isn't an 'intervening' hill, per say, but the tank should not be able to visually see the legs either from it's angle.  We resolved the damage full body and the outcome of damage didn't change the game.  Still wondering though if that was the correct solution.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Partial cover, yes or no?
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2018, 03:01:47 »
The Tank at Level-1 would be the same as a Mech at Level-0,  so if the Mech would have had partial cover from another mech then it would also have partial cover from the tank.

I believe the only way to avoid the Partial cover would be to have the tank be on a Level-2 hill instead, giving it Level-3 vision, and able to avoid the partial cover.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Re: Partial cover, yes or no?
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2018, 09:31:31 »
Hellraiser's correct, the 'Mech should have still had partial cover unless the tank was higher than the hill.