Author Topic: Fall of the Aurigan Coalition  (Read 41232 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Fall of the Aurigan Coalition
« Reply #180 on: 13 January 2023, 16:20:30 »
Feel free to think me as stupid as you like.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #181 on: 13 January 2023, 16:28:03 »
Bold of you to assume I'll think of you at all. ;)

Anyways... Colt, which issue of Shrapnel is this in? I've got a passing interest in Aurigan fiction and I don't have the most recent issue of Shrapnel yet, is it in there?
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #182 on: 13 January 2023, 16:37:37 »
By all means, carry on.  ;)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #183 on: 13 January 2023, 17:10:32 »
Based on when I posted, it was probably #10?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #184 on: 13 January 2023, 17:11:46 »
Thank you for the clarification.  :)

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #185 on: 13 January 2023, 17:15:07 »
Based on when I posted, it was probably #10?

That's the last one I have (bought it for Kara's Scorchers, stayed for "A Trial Most Acceptable"), I'll dive into it. :)
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
  • "ZEUS - Premier Lyran Recon since 2787."
« Reply #186 on: 14 January 2023, 15:11:08 »
Sharpnel

Ah. Is Shrapnel digital only? The Catalyst Store shows only digital when I looked. Is there print issues?

Edit: outside of what I just saw on Amazon? To purchase directly?
« Last Edit: 14 January 2023, 15:13:37 by Hammerhead »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #187 on: 14 January 2023, 15:14:19 »
You can download them via DriveThru RPG as well.

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #188 on: 14 January 2023, 16:12:07 »
You can download them via DriveThru RPG as well.

I’m looking for print issues. To clarify. Apologize.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #189 on: 14 January 2023, 16:19:33 »
I’m looking for print issues. To clarify. Apologize.
Afaik, there’s no classic print run of Shrapnel, but there's a print-on-demand option going with the digital distribution.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #190 on: 14 January 2023, 16:37:03 »
Afaik, there’s no classic print run of Shrapnel, but there's a print-on-demand option going with the digital distribution.

Ah. I saw a “Paperback” listing on Amazon. That’s why I asked.

Adventwolf

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #191 on: 18 January 2023, 23:20:26 »
I got a full printed version when I ordered my copy. Which is likely what the amazon paperback option is also for.

Kamea in it also seems to be little different than what she ended up being by the end of the war. A hardened and more pragmatic ruler willing to do what she needs to secure her hold. The House Arano source book also paints the same picture of her. Since she kept the centralized organization that her Uncle created to streamline the Reach.
Fun quest that need more people:

Skywalker For Senator (Star Wars) - Q, Star Wars: Beyond the Republic, We Stand Against the Stars (Gundam/Macross) Crossover, Mobile Suit Gundam: Divided Federation (Civ Quest), The Lords of Ruin -- Battletech/Killzone Crossover, Star War Moff Quest: Lost in Space

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #192 on: 26 March 2024, 21:19:47 »
SO . . . trying to remember, but what was the name of the dropship Victoria blew up to cause the Taurians to side with her father as part of fearing the FedSuns were on the move?  When did that happen?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #193 on: 27 March 2024, 03:22:41 »
It was the Newgrange... I don't recall the date exactly.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #194 on: 27 March 2024, 21:27:31 »
No, Newgrange is the one that Kamea's mercs destroyed that brought in Osterluude. 

Victoria was yelling about why was her father surrendering making her covert destruction of a dropship to spike the Taurian paranoia irrelevant.
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #195 on: 27 March 2024, 23:32:04 »
It was the Iberia.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #196 on: 28 March 2024, 03:15:04 »
I thought Iberia was Ostergaard's Fortress?

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #197 on: 28 March 2024, 09:18:43 »

Yes it was, the boss ship that Locura virus took down

Victoria blew up something else

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #198 on: 28 March 2024, 10:58:04 »

You're probably right. I barely remember the HBS game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #199 on: 28 March 2024, 18:17:34 »
Yes it was, the boss ship that Locura virus took down

Victoria blew up something else
Thanks!  At least I know I'm not totally crazy... ;)

smdvogrin

• Corporal
« Reply #200 on: 29 March 2024, 08:15:05 »
SO . . . trying to remember, but what was the name of the dropship Victoria blew up to cause the Taurians to side with her father as part of fearing the FedSuns were on the move?  When did that happen?

I don't believe a dropship was involved - I think you're referring to her assisting with the Perdition massacre, which was a chemical weapons attack:
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Perdition_Massacre

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #201 on: 29 March 2024, 15:54:04 »
Yeah, that's it!  Talk about the very definition of FAFO!  Especially with the Taurians... :D

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #202 on: 29 March 2024, 15:58:01 »
Correct. It was a chemical attack that Victoria did.

There was the dropship Newgrange that the Restoration forces destroyed, which was captained by Samuel Ostergaard II, son of the Commodore Samuel Ostergaard, which made the commodore go rogue when the Taurians retired their support to the Directorate. The commodore's Fortress Dropship was the Iberia, which was disabled by the virus, and crashed on Coromodir, provoking a small ice age.