Author Topic: Re: Archive Fees  (Read 2165 times)

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
Re: Archive Fees
« on: 26 March 2013, 22:12:10 »
Is there some sort of promo where if you buy a certain amount a given unit the archive fee gets waived? A friend of mine is under that impression but I don't see anything on the website that would indicate that. As far as I know the only deal is that you pay the setup fee once per mech and then subsequent copies of that mech don't require the fee. So if I bought 6 of the same mech that cost 10 dollars it would be 68 total for the lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2013, 07:49:09 »
There is no promotion like that at this time, and I don't think there ever was. For the archive minis...you buy Mini X at the selling price, plus the $8.00 fee...after that the other minis of the same X model are all just the selling price.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2013, 08:48:58 »
It depends (example provided) on the month.
IWM has this neat thing going where people can nominate minis to be pulled from the archive and sold without the fee.
The list gets voted on and the top 4 winners are put in the Archive Special return section of their site.

Those minis in that section can be purchased without dealing with the archive fee, but it only lasts the month that they won in. So currently in this example the  Hellspawn HSN-7D is in this section. I can purchase without dealing with that fee, but when the new list of minis gets voted on and we have the new winners the  Hellspawn HSN-7D is then put back into archive and any purchases I make during that time deal with the fee.

If I want that mech without the fee again, I have to nominate and then hopefully it gets on the list and enough votes to win.

I hope that helps.

Dragon41673 though is right about the archive fee's initial charges. The $8 is tacked on the first mini, but others of that design don't have to pay extra.
So if I wanted a mini that was archived it is best to buy multiples of that design because I'll only get the extra $8 charge on the first mini of that design.
« Last Edit: 27 March 2013, 08:52:45 by Atlas3060 »
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2013, 10:17:24 »
IWM *may* waive archive fees or give discounts at their discretion. I don't recall a set number being stated. It's not unheard of for companies to discount large orders or throw in a few extras. If your friend is serious about ordering in bulk, he should contact Mike via the email or phone number listed in their contacts page. If he's just trying to save a few bucks... tell him to skip the fast food one night and he'll save enough to make up the difference.  :)

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2013, 15:00:33 »
Okay cool. Yeah I didn't think there was anything specific like that.
My friend and I are going to put in an order and I was going to get multiples of some of the archived (not special) mechs. I'm fine with paying for the fees either way, just thought I'd clarify in case I was missing something. I know I can wait for them to go on special as well but I'm too impatient haha.

Thanks everyone
« Last Edit: 27 March 2013, 15:03:00 by Akalabeth »

Slotus2005

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 08 April 2013, 11:52:26 »
I'm in favor of this archive fee from the standpoint that it will help them stay in business and not be killed by inventory and production run set-up costs.

The fact that they rotate them and ask people is even more awesome.

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 12 April 2013, 10:46:50 »
The only thing I have done is ask other players if they are interested . This way we
pay the Archive fee once  for all of us .  Ordered 5 O-Bakemonos one went to another
who payed for 20% of the bill including the Achive Fee and Shipping and Handling.
You may have more luck than me .  The Naganata is very popular with Drac players .
If your group is large enough you may order 3 for each person who is interested .
I hope I will be included should anyone in my group has to go to archive .

BirdofPrey

• Major
Re: Re: Archive Fees
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2013, 08:03:55 »
The only thing regarding archive fees I want to know is if they would consider waiving (some of) the fee if I want to get four or five different archived minis.
There's several archived minis I have been considering getting a few of when I get some cash, but the archive fee is a killer if I want them to bake up more than one or two archived designs.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2013, 08:39:20 »
That would be best asked in a call or email.

Register