Author Topic: Saggina  (Read 2082 times)

VoltAmpere

• Master Sergeant
    • Sarna Unified Cartography Kit
Saggina
« on: 08 July 2019, 21:59:37 »
There is a system named Saggina in the PDF version of the Deep Periphery (Rimward Sector) Map of Insterstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, but it is hidden behind the Rimward Wonders "Window Titlebar" area of the map. Is the system recognized as existing and discovered by IE in-universe, or because it is not actually visible, means that the system does not exist?

Brent Evans

• Señor oscuro
  • Catalyst Game Labs
  • Sergeant
Re: Saggina
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2019, 14:36:17 »
It is always prickly when we get questions like this because the answer always feels infused with a sense of "that depends why you are asking and what you want to do with it."  In terms of a direct answer I will say that it is recognized (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Saggina) and does exist, but so little is "known" about it that such a planet/system is just PERFECT fodder for fans and authors alike to make up great stories about it, or to include it as part of their interesting backgrounds.  There were a lot of worlds and systems cut off from the edges of human space as shipping lanes and alliances meant supporting their populations untenable.  Colonization is always messy.

So by all means feel free to use the planet as part of your gaming shenanigans.  Enjoy! 

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2019, 15:37:20 »
If it hasn’t been technically published (ie hidden behind graphics), then it doesn’t exist unless confirmed otherwise.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

VoltAmpere

• Master Sergeant
    • Sarna Unified Cartography Kit
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2019, 19:56:45 »
@Adrian Gideon: Thank you for clarifying!

@ Brent Evans: I just wanted to get an official ruling so that it could be tagged accordingly in the SUC Kit. Revanche created the article based on the discovery of lastjedi in the pages of IP3:IE. With the publication of House Arano, Saggina is the only remaining apocryphal system that has fan-extrapolated coordinates.