Author Topic: Non-MechWarrior Trial of Positions  (Read 1349 times)

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
Non-MechWarrior Trial of Positions
« on: 14 April 2021, 15:38:08 »
For MechWarriors scoring a Trial of Position is pretty straightforward; one kill for Warrior, two for Star Commander, etc. How are Trials of Positions for Non-MechWarriors scored? Let's take Elementals, does one kill give you the Warrior rank, two Point Commander, and three Star Commander?

The literature is contradictory. Era Report: 3052, p.87 says Theresa DelVillar "passed
her Trial of Position with two kills, earning the rank of Star Commander." Test of Vengeance, Ch. 7 says "two kills in [Jake Kabrinski's] initial Trial of Position started you on the fast track as a point commander."

While I have your attention, could you elaborate what Elemental ToPs look like? Augmented or unaugmented, when do the testers "tap out?" And what about vehicles? Does the whole crew pass or fail together? Aerospace fighters seem rather straightforward but if you'd like to elaborate on those no one will stop you.

Thanks for your time.
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
Re: Non-MechWarrior Trial of Positions
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2023, 13:42:08 »
I found this explicitly stated in an older source, MechWarrior Companion p. 69. There's been some inconsistencies in the fiction as pointed out above, but nothing to my knowledge that directly contradicts the black and white from that rulebook.
One kill for Warrior, two for Point Commander, three for Star Commander, also applicable to aerospace Pilots.
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.