Author Topic: (Answered) Ammo explosion injuries while shut down  (Read 972 times)

Saklad5

• Sergeant
(Answered) Ammo explosion injuries while shut down
« on: 30 September 2023, 10:23:09 »
Ammo explosions damage pilots through neurohelmet feedback rather than direct injury, as discussed on page 125 of the tenth printing of Total Warfare.

While a unit is shut down, does neurohelmet feedback still occur? I see no rule saying it doesn't, though logically the neurohelmet is not functioning at that point.

Since heat effects are resolved simultaneously, a heat-induced ammo explosion in the same phase as a heat-induced shutdown would not be affected by this. I'm specifically referring to explosions that occur after that point, whether from continued heat effects, weapons fire, or any other potential cause.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2023, 19:34:11 by Xotl »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Ammo explosion injuries while shut down
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2023, 22:40:28 »
While a unit is shut down, does neurohelmet feedback still occur?

Yes

I see no rule saying it doesn't

No exception given, no exception granted. Players are always welcome ask if an exception was meant to be given, but the rules were intended to be written so that if you are not given an alternate path to resolution, you follow the standard procedures.

though logically the neurohelmet is not functioning at that point.

It is. 

Since heat effects are resolved simultaneously, a heat-induced ammo explosion in the same phase as a heat-induced shutdown would not be affected by this. I'm specifically referring to explosions that occur after that point, whether from continued heat effects, weapons fire, or any other potential cause.

all ammo explosions cause feedback damage.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?