Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 2  (Read 115940 times)

.RL

• Master Sergeant
  • Freeborn Scum
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 2
« Reply #120 on: 22 July 2019, 23:01:20 »
Can someone check my numbers? From what my spreadsheet is crunching, it seems that we only have 7 Clan Heavies in the mix? That seems a bit weird.

(For those counting, my IS Mediums counted the Wolverine twice, because I'm tracking the box the mini came in too.)

Heavy = Timber Wolf, Summoner, mad Dog, Hellbringer, Nova Cat. Yeah, looks like 5.

I thought I read you posted 5, not 7? Am I missing 2 now?
« Last Edit: 22 July 2019, 23:04:05 by .RL »
A bit obsessed with the BattleTech universe since I saw the glorious TV show as a kid...

My humble offering of painted 'Mechs

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #121 on: 22 July 2019, 23:02:01 »
there's no thug  :'(

the other 2750 omissions are completely fine to bearable
Thorn
Hussar
Sentinel
Wyvern
Kintaro
Champion

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #122 on: 22 July 2019, 23:05:21 »
Heavy = Timber Wolf, Summoner, mad Dog, Hellbringer, Nova Cat. Yeah, looks like 5.
Vulture, Cauldron Born, Crossbow, Loki, Nova Cat, Thor, Mad Cat

Feels a bit underrepresented. Clan heavies had always been the iconic line-breakers.

.RL

• Master Sergeant
  • Freeborn Scum
« Reply #123 on: 22 July 2019, 23:08:25 »

Feels a bit underrepresented. Clan heavies had always been the iconic line-breakers.

Oh.. Yeah. I'll shut up and go back to painting now :-P
A bit obsessed with the BattleTech universe since I saw the glorious TV show as a kid...

My humble offering of painted 'Mechs

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #124 on: 22 July 2019, 23:13:10 »
So what you're saying is that it's not just me wanting a Night Gyr, we actually need the Night Gyr to keep up Clan heavy representation?

;)

BYE

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #125 on: 22 July 2019, 23:18:59 »
So what you're saying is that it's not just me wanting a Night Gyr, we actually need the Night Gyr to keep up Clan heavy representation?
;)
Yeah.. I looked through some TROs? In terms of Clan Omnimechs, there seemed to be a dearth of designs in the right time frame.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #126 on: 22 July 2019, 23:20:34 »
One mech that desperately needs help. The Imp. The art for that thing...is....*bites tongue* Less than satisfactory. And a complete redisgn of that thing by Shimmy would probably help it a great deal.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #127 on: 22 July 2019, 23:21:37 »
there's no thug  :'(

the other 2750 omissions are completely fine to bearable
Thorn
Hussar
Sentinel
Wyvern
Kintaro
Champion

I would have loved to have seen the Champion redone as it IIRC was one of the ones that got a "Clanbuster" variant.

But I'm very happy to see all of the other Comstar units getting made over.
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #128 on: 22 July 2019, 23:27:16 »
One mech that desperately needs help. The Imp. The art for that thing...is....*bites tongue* Less than satisfactory. And a complete redisgn of that thing by Shimmy would probably help it a great deal.

What, no love for the Operation Klondike version?

It's no longer a heavily-armed Easter Egg, it's a superdeformed Stormtrooper.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #129 on: 22 July 2019, 23:42:37 »
A new Imp has to lead "The Egg Men", which means the rest of the Lance is a pair of Urbies and then an Urbie IIC to round it out. :)

BYE

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #130 on: 22 July 2019, 23:43:35 »
You forgot the Flashman.

Everybody always forgets the Flashman.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #131 on: 23 July 2019, 00:11:05 »
The Klondike one is better but it still looks like it was designed by Dr Eggman. The 3050 one that we first saw should be consigned to the dustbin of history though. Plog's version did its best to fix it and the Klondike one is an improvement, but I'm no fan.

And the Flashman is also another one that needs work, the Mech itself, especially the SLDF one is bloody amazing! But its a bog roll with arms and legs.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Nightsong

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #132 on: 23 July 2019, 01:56:12 »
Hm. Ends the day after a payday. My wallet hates you guys, you know that, right? Seriously though, the only question I have is, assuming (most likely) it hits the 1m mark for the Battle of Tukkayid goal, can one who bid, er donated high enough to get a challenge coin pick a ComStar or Rasalhague coin? The tiers all say clan coin, but as the goal is making them available, would they be an option?

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #133 on: 23 July 2019, 02:02:28 »
I'm rather ignorant on Kickstarter and how it works so can I ask a few questions?

If I buy in at the $95 and buy enough extra to put me past the $150 level do I get credit for it? Or do I just get the lower level with extras?

Once I pledge an amount, can I upgrade my pledge to higher tier rewards before it ends?

Is the money due imminently or after the time ends?

In the end I really just want to know what I have to do to start browbeating the comments section for a new Stone Rhino.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #134 on: 23 July 2019, 02:09:36 »
You get charged as soon as the campaign ends, if it was successful (which this one was within the first hour).

You only get the rewards for the level you pledged at.  Add-ons will increase your total contribution, but will not change your level.  You can manually change your level to get additional rewards before the campaign ends, but the add-on payments are separate.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #135 on: 23 July 2019, 03:00:10 »
If I buy in at the $95 and buy enough extra to put me past the $150 level do I get credit for it? Or do I just get the lower level with extras?

You get credit that can be applied to add-ons when the pledge manager opens.

Once I pledge an amount, can I upgrade my pledge to higher tier rewards before it ends?

You can, yes.  Generally pledge managers allow for an upgrade as well.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #136 on: 23 July 2019, 03:02:16 »
Thank you for your answers. I made a small commitment for now just to get my 2 cents in on the last 2 mech packs.

Clan Second Line Defense Star:
Stone Rhino, Woodsman, Grizzly, Rifleman IIC, and Corvis.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #137 on: 23 July 2019, 03:54:18 »
If you pledge a Star Colonel and pick Level II's for three of you Box picks the price per IS Mech alone drops below $5 each, so you might want to reconsider that.
Some folks in the Insurgency thread did more detailed calculations that are worth looking over...

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #138 on: 23 July 2019, 03:58:50 »
Clan-themed tighty-whities
Ah c'mon. This being a Clan-centric Kickstarter, the one million dollar stretch goal (tush!  ::)  ) should have been Diminutive Red Thongs. Available for Star Colonels and up.
I'm a bit disappointed that CGL didn't go full monty here.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #139 on: 23 July 2019, 04:27:53 »
I'm rather ignorant on Kickstarter and how it works so can I ask a few questions?

No, if you pledge $95 then go over $150 with add-ons you still only count at the $95 level, since your extra pledge is not going towards what's included at the $150 level.

Look at it like fast food, if you go into a McDonalds and but meal 1 for $5 then add ice cream and a pie, you don't get meal 2, even though you spent that much.

Quote from: shivanwurm

Sure, if you go to the Kickstarter page you'll see an option to "Manage your pledge", click that and you can raise or lower your pledge, or even cancel it.

Is the money due imminently or after the time ends?

All money is collected when the Kickstarter ends.

In the end I really just want to know what I have to do to start browbeating the comments section for a new Stone Rhino.

We are well aware of interest in the Stone Rhino, "browbeating" won't help any.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #140 on: 23 July 2019, 04:39:39 »
Adrian or Cubby,

It would be nice if us backer would be able to buy or into the later releasing mini packs before they go into production (and before they hit retail).   There is so much cool stuff, and what feels like a risk of picking wrong and not being able to grab the parts you missed at a later date.

But I am sure you have though about it already.

So excited.

I don’t understand the question.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #141 on: 23 July 2019, 04:49:00 »
New King Crab.

We can't use MWO art, and that's fair. But can I suggest they take a look at the attached - David White's Akula, from the excellent fan-TRO "Shadows of War". Decent legs, menacing arms!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #142 on: 23 July 2019, 04:56:59 »
Ok, put in my choices for the remaining packs:

First Choice:
Clan 2nd Line Fast Assault Star
Behemoth, Highlander IIC, Viper, Guillotine IIC & Grizzly

Second Choice:
Clan Striker Star
Phantom, Pouncer, Linebacker, Night Gyr, [Something]

(Without duplicating an existing Omni, the only choice is a Stooping Hawk, unless you allow the Naga as it is 5/8. Alternatively, if you allow the mixing of 1st and 2nd Line 'Mechs, then a Hellhound/Conjurer or a Viper/Black Python)

Third Choice:
The Egg Men (IS Lance)
Imp, Urbanmech, Urbanmech, Urbanmech IIC

BYE

The Wayfarer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #143 on: 23 July 2019, 06:37:43 »
Question.  I could have sworn earlier the Strana Mechty mat was included as free reward for Star Colonel and above.  It seems like that wording has since been removed on the Kickstarter but remains in the Q&A.  Am I wrong?  I’m trying to decide on a jump from Bloodnamed to Colonel and a “Free” neoprene map was part of my initial calculations.

Mike
« Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 06:39:32 by The Wayfarer »
Revelations 6:8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

kinwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #144 on: 23 July 2019, 06:51:03 »
Question.  I could have sworn earlier the Strana Mechty mat was included as free reward for Star Colonel and above.  It seems like that wording has since been removed on the Kickstarter but remains in the Q&A.  Am I wrong?  I’m trying to decide on a jump from Bloodnamed to Colonel and a “Free” neoprene map was part of my initial calculations.

Mike

It's indeed part of the pledge level.  You'll see the relevant text in the add-on section.(can't copy-paste it since it's an image)

It sure feels like the overall text is designed like Total War instead of Battletech Manual, alot more searching to get all the little things :P
« Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 06:53:04 by kinwolf »

Ursus Maior

• Warrant Officer
  • Just here for a little mayhem.
« Reply #145 on: 23 July 2019, 08:02:51 »
Not necessarily the end of the stretch goals, just the end of minis as stretch goals.
@Cubby
I just read through the older stretch goals concerning the Clan Founder trilogy, so 340,000 USD (Founding of the Clans I) and 390,000 USD (Founding of the Clans II).

They are both phrased exactly the same. I presume this is just an oversight and backers will receive novels one and two respectively, with the third being written per the 460,000 USD (Founding of the Clans III) stretch goal?
liber et infractus

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #146 on: 23 July 2019, 08:06:58 »
A new Imp has to lead "The Egg Men", which means the rest of the Lance is a pair of Urbies and then an Urbie IIC to round it out. :)

BYE
A better group of Egg Men would be Imp, Urbie, Urbie IIC and an Ostsol!
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #147 on: 23 July 2019, 08:09:17 »
Of course my pick for the 2 player picked mechs lances would be the command lances of the Grey Death and the Red Duke from the new ASCE!
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Leftovernoodles

• Corporal
« Reply #148 on: 23 July 2019, 08:12:13 »
I don’t understand the question.

Sorry  Should have been clear....   Will there be an option to buy extra pack after the Kickstarter closes via the pledge manager?

To help space out the costs for this of us who can't buy everything we want in a single go.

Ursus Maior

• Warrant Officer
  • Just here for a little mayhem.
« Reply #149 on: 23 July 2019, 08:30:54 »

To be fair, for the Clan Invasion proper that's it. Linebacker and Night Gyr both came later.

Crossbow, Lupus and Woodsman were probably already phased out.

Wanna keep options left for a Golden Century Kickstarter, right?  ^-^
liber et infractus