Author Topic: Trasformer 3  (Read 8156 times)

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
Trasformer 3
« on: 12 April 2012, 16:40:59 »
A few days ago I watched the movie TRASFORMER3.
Well I think it was one of the worst movie I've ever seen (besides, both the first and the second I was not impressed except for some striking scene)
Dispersive, boring, I could not follow the plot, scenes that are too chaotic. I fell asleep in the middle '.
Maybe 'I'm getting old, but today in science fiction scenes run too fast and did not amuse me more' as they used to be.

Stahlseele

• Lieutenant
Re: Trasformer 3
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2012, 16:45:41 »
The OLD DRAWN Transformers Movie was the best.
Quote from one of the Mechwarrior: Living Legends Mod Developers:
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness ****** the shit ****** random!'

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2012, 20:19:11 »
Isn't this post beating a dead horse?

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2012, 21:29:07 »
Isn't this post beating a dead horse?

same dead horse, new beater
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2012, 21:42:38 »
There's already a thread for Dark of the Moon here, in case you missed it...

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #5 on: 12 April 2012, 22:25:00 »
Sometimes people need to be reminded on how bad some things are. I was always 50/50 on the 3rd movie. There were some good things and some bad things.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2012, 01:10:02 »
I do not follow actively the off topic section.
I know that the movie was released in theaters months ago, but I've watched on television and without pay, then you know that certain products come out first in the U.S. and then in other countries.
The point is that modern films have action scenes very fast and chaotic that going beyond the 'all imagination and physical law.
In other words amuses me more 'an episode of Star Trek '67.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2012, 03:03:09 »
I honestly don't know what people were expecting from the live action transformers franchise. Sure, it wasn't high art, but it didn't take place in Carbombya or feature any Giant purple griffins either.

I learned when I was five that if I wanted to watch a masterpiece I probably shouldn't be looking at transformers.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2012, 05:27:54 »
If people are looking for good contemporary Transformers action, I'd recommend the current CGI cartoon: Transformers Prime.  It's produced by the movie's writing team, but is considerably more mature and naturalistic, has engaging ongoing storylines, and excellent, comprehensible action scenes.  It's everything the live action movies weren't, and is easily the best Transformers TV series since Beast Wars.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 13 April 2012, 06:27:02 »
I honestly don't know what people were expecting from the live action transformers franchise. Sure, it wasn't high art, but it didn't take place in Carbombya or feature any Giant purple griffins either.

I learned when I was five that if I wanted to watch a masterpiece I probably shouldn't be looking at transformers.

Few things make me laugh as hard as Kremzeek!

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #10 on: 13 April 2012, 06:45:08 »
I have an official Takara-produced Kremzeek toy. It came with Masterpiece Megatron!

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #11 on: 13 April 2012, 12:00:57 »
If people are looking for good contemporary Transformers action, I'd recommend the current CGI cartoon: Transformers Prime.  It's produced by the movie's writing team, but is considerably more mature and naturalistic, has engaging ongoing storylines, and excellent, comprehensible action scenes.  It's everything the live action movies weren't, and is easily the best Transformers TV series since Beast Wars.

I totaly agree. TF Prime is awesome series. Also I like designs in TF Prime far more than in live action onces. In live action movies they looked liked skeletons with some parts slapped to them while in TF Prime they have mixture of live action and animated style.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 13 April 2012, 15:36:45 »

I know that the movie was released in theaters months ago, but I've watched on television and without pay, then you know that certain products come out first in the U.S. and then in other countries.

What country are you in that Dark of the Moon is already showing on main stream TV?
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #13 on: 13 April 2012, 15:41:57 »
I totaly agree. TF Prime is awesome series. Also I like designs in TF Prime far more than in live action onces. In live action movies they looked liked skeletons with some parts slapped to them while in TF Prime they have mixture of live action and animated style.

I see Prime as a mix of the best bits of the movies, G1 and Beast Wars.  And the toys are quite nice too.

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #14 on: 13 April 2012, 16:17:39 »
What country are you in that Dark of the Moon is already showing on main stream TV?

In Italy.
Should I correct: in fact 'I pay a monthly subscription package for a film, but I did not pay to watch it at the theater.

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #15 on: 14 April 2012, 03:19:11 »
As a long time Transformers fanatic, I've experienced both the best and worst of the franchise in the 25+ years of its history.

I rank the live-action films somewhere in the middle of those "best and worst" experiences. My one main disappoint with the films, is that they relied too heavily on the human-element. I know it's a necessary story-telling method, and without all the "humans and their relationships," it's unlikely the films would've attracted audiences not intimately familiar with the universe of the Transformers. But, at the same time, the human-element often proved to be too much of a distraction from the grand tale of "Autobots waging their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Deceptions."

I really wasn't interested in Sam's girl problems or the craziness with his parents. And while Sector 7 and Agent Simmons proved to be something of a curious addition to the TF-mythos, it's also something I could've done without as well.

Ultimately, I see the live-action films as realising part of my childhood dreams. That of massive transforming robots waging their never-ending battle of good versus evil on an alien world. Everything else is irrelevant... and largely skipped over when I re-watch the films.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #16 on: 14 April 2012, 14:28:49 »
I see Prime as a mix of the best bits of the movies, G1 and Beast Wars.  And the toys are quite nice too.

I tend to agree with this...I was actually quite tempted by a small transforming Arcee from Transformers Prime the other day...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 14 April 2012, 14:58:06 »
I tend to agree with this...I was actually quite tempted by a small transforming Arcee from Transformers Prime the other day...

Ruger

Ah yes Arcee. I like her character in TF Prime over all others. She is finaly getting respect that she deserves.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 15 April 2012, 00:09:07 »
And while Sector 7 and Agent Simmons proved to be something of a curious addition to the TF-mythos, it's also something I could've done without as well.

Maybe its cause i like the actor.. but i loved Simmons...

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #19 on: 15 April 2012, 08:15:56 »
Maybe its cause i like the actor.. but i loved Simmons...

Oh, I liked the character, and the actor for that matter. But, ultimately, it was just another branch of human-relationships that Sam had to deal with. And I just saw that as unnecessary.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #20 on: 15 April 2012, 09:41:40 »

Ruger

I've avoided buying the Cyberverse figures so far - I spent enough on the Wave 1 deluxes and Voyagers!

That said, the Cyberverse Arcee in bike mode is just about in scale with the larger toys in their vehicle modes...

Oh, I liked the character, and the actor for that matter. But, ultimately, it was just another branch of human-relationships that Sam had to deal with. And I just saw that as unnecessary.

I could have done with never seeing a Transformer pee on a human.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 15 April 2012, 13:19:40 »
The OLD DRAWN Transformers Movie was the best.
The Van Halen music made it epic.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #22 on: 15 April 2012, 13:30:42 »
I could have done with never seeing a Transformer pee on a human.

And I think you've just summed up what was wrong with the live action movies.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #23 on: 15 April 2012, 14:15:26 »
For me, the childish humour really hurt the movies as much as if not more than anything else.  It just wasn't fun to watch.  The nigh-incomprehensible FX sequences didn't help much either.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #24 on: 15 April 2012, 14:43:53 »
For me, the childish humour really hurt the movies as much as if not more than anything else.
Three biggest offenders of the 2nd film in no particular order:
The twins
The American Pieformers scene of Spike going to college on day one with his parents around and all the related "humor"
"I am beneath the enemy's testicles."
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #25 on: 15 April 2012, 15:19:53 »
Yeah, all three of those were ridiculous.  The twins were especially problematic because A) they were effectively racial stereotypes and B) they served effectively no purpose other than to be the annoying sidekicks.  Also, the humor was really poorly timed throughout the movie- going straight from Optimus Prime's death to the wacky antics just created mood whiplash.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #26 on: 15 April 2012, 16:03:20 »
I had issues with a variety of things in all 3 movies

some of the spike and his girl trouble
some of the soundwave things
the 2 dimensional infiltrator junk

jetfire/skyfire being a sr71 blackbird and being able to spacebridge (point to point teleport)
all the "potty humor"
skyfire commiting suicide to give optimus prime an upgrade for 2 minutes or less
all the support charactors (like ironhide) getting killed just because

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #27 on: 15 April 2012, 18:16:46 »
I thought the Twins were the most annoying of all the robots.
The love story....crap.
No Grimlock....kinda happy becuase they didn't destroy him like the other transformers.
Soundwave being a Car......crap.

Those were some of the things that pissed me off about the series.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Stahlseele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 15 April 2012, 18:35:25 »
The Van Halen music made it epic.
yah that too ^^
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness ****** the shit ****** random!'

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 15 April 2012, 22:34:28 »
Soundwave being a Car......crap.

As someone who religiously got the G1 comics in england, it royally peeved me off to see Frenzy being the one that transformed into a boom box/tape deck.. and soundwave (normally associated with that) being a car...

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #30 on: 17 April 2012, 05:05:25 »
I can't get worked up about characters having different alt modes and such.  Transformers is about change after all, and it's not like character names never get reused between franchises.

For example, Soundwave was a tapedeck in G1; A mutant that transformed from bat to crcodile in Beast Wars; A Stealth Bomber in Cybertron/Galaxy Force; a satellite and later car in the movies and finally a car and later drone in Fall of Cybertron/Prime.

It's like, when Wheeljack showed up in Prime, people were complaining that he wasn't a mad scientist just like in G1.  But there's no reason for him to be a mad scientist except nostalgia.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 17 April 2012, 05:45:45 »
I actually liked Soundwave's car mode in DotM more than his satellite mode in RotF. Sure satellite mode worked with his role in Decepticons but car mode just looked much better. Besides he was already van in TFA.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #32 on: 17 April 2012, 05:56:00 »
I knew I was forgetting one!

Stahlseele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 17 April 2012, 12:21:59 »
i just don't GET such changes to canon . .
it's like saying:"victor steiner davion got adopted by romano liao and became best friend and confidant to both sun-tzu and kali liao and helped them become the fair and wise rulers they are protrayed to be by official liao propaganda"

why? you ask?
how? you ask?
when? you ask?
just because is the answer to all three of them . .
does not fit to how and when? deal with it!
« Last Edit: 17 April 2012, 12:23:56 by Stahlseele »

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 17 April 2012, 12:40:59 »
I just don't GET how you guys can consider all of the various series canon with each other when they're very clearly not.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #35 on: 17 April 2012, 14:26:51 »
Exactly.  Transformers has been rebooted at least 6 times between cartoons and movies.  That's ignoring the 3 and two-halves separate G1 comic continuities (Marvel US, Marvel UK (UK counts the US as canon with one or two omissions, US only counts one or two UK stories), Dreamwave, IDW, Fanclub Classics (Counts the Marvel G1 comics as canon, but not G2)), and the Armada/Energon comics that are wholly separate from the cartoons.  And the movie-era comics are much the same

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 18 April 2012, 01:01:32 »
I actually liked Soundwave's car mode in DotM more than his satellite mode in RotF. Sure satellite mode worked with his role in Decepticons but car mode just looked much better. Besides he was already van in TFA.

TFA?

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #37 on: 18 April 2012, 01:39:51 »
Transformers: Animated.

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #38 on: 18 April 2012, 13:23:17 »
I can't get worked up about characters having different alt modes and such.  Transformers is about change after all, and it's not like character names never get reused between franchises.

For example, Soundwave was a tapedeck in G1; A mutant that transformed from bat to crcodile in Beast Wars; A Stealth Bomber in Cybertron/Galaxy Force; a satellite and later car in the movies and finally a car and later drone in Fall of Cybertron/Prime.

It's like, when Wheeljack showed up in Prime, people were complaining that he wasn't a mad scientist just like in G1.  But there's no reason for him to be a mad scientist except nostalgia.

Point of order, Beast Wars is usually attached to G1, so the Mutant Soundwave is probably a different character all together. Though the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook suggests otherwise, but that thing is so full of errors and oddities that it is its own continuity onto itself. And they did not put Beast Wars Megatron in his most awesome body ever! The other Soundwaves are usually considered different multiverse variations on the original anyway.

I just don't GET how you guys can consider all of the various series canon with each other when they're very clearly not.

It depends. From a straight forward way of looking at things, none of the continuities are the same, so who cares. However from a grander point of view, realities connect. The Fallen is one being across several realities. Primus and Unicron have a grand duel across dimensions fighting a battle against order and chaos. As they fight, Primus' children fight their own mirror battle on the realities where they exist.

Though sometimes, who is on the side of order and chaos changes. I personally see Beast Machines as the Maximals being controlled by Unicron for Chaos to destroy Primus in one reality, but that's just because I never warmed to the designs of the Maximals.   

There are realities that connect as hubs to all the other realities as well. But with most things that get too complicated, you can just ignore everything that you don't like in Transformers. Some people don't like Primus to exist as a "god" or anything. Some people just want Unicron to be a giant transformer created by a strange ancient mad scientist who looked kind of like a ape.

In the end, I like the idea that all realities are connected in Transformers, so eventually if God willing, I can write an official ultimate finale to the Generation One Cartoon that it really deserves. With the immortal "God Emperor" Starscream as leader of some form of "Decepticons", Rodimus would be resurrected to help Autobots who abandoned Maximal controlled Cybertron to recreate the planet somewhere else. And as Starscream sets his optics on technorganic Cybertron, servants of Unicron complete their dark mission. And there will be purple griffin mechs for some odd reason: I see them eating technorganic maximals. 

However at the moment, Transformers Prime is a good show with a Frank Welker Megatron that I actually like. It has a grand history that combines most of the best aspects of other versions of Transformers. It might not be as pure fun as Animated, but it is going somewhere which is more than can ever be said of Energon. Alas poor Energon, you had no heart except for the comic. And apparently, David Kaye is going to be on it. With an Arcee that is unique without going axe crazy, I salute it. 

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 18 April 2012, 17:22:07 »
Exactly.  Transformers has been rebooted at least 6 times between cartoons and movies.  That's ignoring the 3 and two-halves separate G1 comic continuities (Marvel US, Marvel UK (UK counts the US as canon with one or two omissions, US only counts one or two UK stories),

I have most of the G1 uk series... Loved them all.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #40 on: 18 April 2012, 17:57:19 »
Point of order, Beast Wars is usually attached to G1, so the Mutant Soundwave is probably a different character all together.

Yeah, but my point is that there's been more TF characters named Soundwave that aren't tape decks vs ones that are.  And just because a character has the same name as the tapedeck soundwave doesn't mean it's the same character anyway.  So why complain that movieverse soundwave not being a tape deck/modern equivelant?
Though the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook suggests otherwise, but that thing is so full of errors and oddities that it is its own continuity onto itself. And they did not put Beast Wars Megatron in his most awesome body ever! The other Soundwaves are usually considered different multiverse variations on the original anyway.

Best not to mention the "source"book, really.

It depends. From a straight forward way of looking at things, none of the continuities are the same, so who cares. However from a grander point of view, realities connect. The Fallen is one being across several realities. Primus and Unicron have a grand duel across dimensions fighting a battle against order and chaos. As they fight, Primus' children fight their own mirror battle on the realities where they exist.

Though sometimes, who is on the side of order and chaos changes. I personally see Beast Machines as the Maximals being controlled by Unicron for Chaos to destroy Primus in one reality, but that's just because I never warmed to the designs of the Maximals.   

There are realities that connect as hubs to all the other realities as well. But with most things that get too complicated, you can just ignore everything that you don't like in Transformers. Some people don't like Primus to exist as a "god" or anything. Some people just want Unicron to be a giant transformer created by a strange ancient mad scientist who looked kind of like a ape.

Yeah, I do like that the official Hasbro line is more or less Standard Answer One, and they even play loose with their own continuty families - Prime is a sequel to War for Cybertron, but the events of the game aren't exactly what happened in Prime's past in terms of look and exactly what happened.

I have most of the G1 uk series... Loved them all.

I wish I'd managed to get more of the Titan UK G1 collections before they went out of print.  So much handier than going to my parents' place and digging out old boxes of comics :D

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #41 on: 23 April 2012, 19:10:09 »
Ah yes Arcee. I like her character in TF Prime over all others. She is finaly getting respect that she deserves.

Arcee and Megatron's versions in Trasformers Prime are probably my favorite incarnations of each...

And I think you've just summed up what was wrong with the live action movies.

I think the biggest offender for me was Wheelie humping Megan Fox's leg in RotF...some things I just do not need to see on the big screen...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #42 on: 23 April 2012, 20:16:55 »
And some things I don't need to be reminded of #P