Author Topic: Rasalhague Dominion: The voting will continue until morale improves!  (Read 45267 times)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
No longer shall we be divided!!! Untill the topic of does pineapple belong on pizza.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

BrianDavion

• Captain
Re: Rasalhague Dominion: The voting will continue until morale improves!
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2023, 17:04:28 »
No longer shall we be divided!!! Untill the topic of does pineapple belong on pizza.

When's the vote being held on that? :)
The Suns will shine again

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2023, 17:13:20 »
PLEASE let's not bring that nonsense meme in here. Why people care so much about what other people choose to eat is utterly beyond me.

Also, I'll straight up fight a Trial of Annihilation against anyone who has a problem with me putting pineapples on MY pizza. Not Grievance, not Refusal... you're getting Annihilated.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2023, 17:19:13 »
PLEASE let's not bring that nonsense meme in here. Why people care so much about what other people choose to eat is utterly beyond me.

Also, I'll straight up fight a Trial of Annihilation against anyone who has a problem with me putting pineapples on MY pizza. Not Grievance, not Refusal... you're getting Annihilated.

See I was right ^_^
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2023, 17:20:24 »
See I was right ^_^

*growls and resists the urge to drop a Lev III orbital bombardment... FOR NOW*
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2023, 18:28:11 »
The real question is does a sunnyside up fried egg belong on a pizza? Pizza technology outside the US got weird in the 70s between the concept being spread and before the fast food chains arrived.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2023, 18:41:12 »
You know what belongs on a pizza? Anything you damn well want to put on it. Because looking to society to validate one's personal choices in food (or anything, really) is stupid. Eat what you want. Don't trash people for eating stuff that you don't. Simple.

Now, can we talk some Bears or WHAT?!

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2023, 19:16:58 »
You know what belongs on a pizza? Anything you damn well want to put on it. Because looking to society to validate one's personal choices in food (or anything, really) is stupid. Eat what you want. Don't trash people for eating stuff that you don't. Simple.

Now, can we talk some Bears or WHAT?!

Glad I didnt bring up red licorice vs black licorice ^_^.
  My copy of DD came in the mail today! Kim also surprised me with a GB dice tower from etsy's,along with a star of mechs she's in the process of painting in GB colors.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2023, 19:22:27 »
Glad I didnt bring up red licorice vs black licorice ^_^.
  My copy of DD came in the mail today! Kim also surprised me with a GB dice tower from etsy's,along with a star of mechs she's in the process of painting in GB colors.

GG Kim.

Last we left off:

Polar and Taiga Galaxy paint schemes…WhatAreThose?!?!

Stuff on our RATs and how it makes me mad (not as mad as I sound, a good portion is to generate some conversation)

What’s up with our fleet in general

In terms of our fleet and partially on the RAT front, I was surprised to see the Wusun on ours, but we missed out on the White Raven. I think whatever our issues, our relationship with the ravens is still pretty solid. Still want the Huntsman back, even with the Rime Otter to take its place.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2023, 19:22:46 »
  Kim also surprised me with a GB dice tower from etsy's,along with a star of mechs she's in the process of painting in GB colors.

nice! :D
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #10 on: 08 February 2023, 19:24:44 »
If anyone wants to make a fuss over pineapple on pizza, I say they should go eat a Swedish banana pizza.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #11 on: 08 February 2023, 19:28:10 »

I was trying to find some sort of reference for you on these, but I came up completely short.

Personally, I'd lean towards using the paint schemes of their roots: Kavalleri (Polar) and Drakøns (Taiga). Modified/updated, if needed, to bring them in like with the rest of the touman. Makes the most sense to me, on a lot of levels, to have them carry forth their Rasalhagian heritage like that.

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 08 February 2023, 19:30:49 »
Pg 83 of Dominions Divided has a Locust IIC from Taiga. Nothing I could find on Polar
Actually what had me curious. The Phoenix Hawk IIC on pg 26 is in a different colorscheme than normally listed for Omega Galaxy (The Karhu on pg 78 has it), so I wondered if the Locust was just camo or more regimental.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 08 February 2023, 19:41:39 »
Tundra Galaxy is the one made up of Drakons and Hussars and they have a paint scheme according to camospecs, just no examples.

Taiga is Freemen and Polar is Kavalleri

And unfortunately it looks like each regiment had its own deal, rather than brigade level. And that’s not common in clan militaries. Although who knows, the Gunzberge Eagles got to keep their scheme (mildly) different.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #14 on: 08 February 2023, 19:42:38 »
I generally use their FRR schemes in MM but that's because of lack of options.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #15 on: 08 February 2023, 19:53:27 »
Taiga is Freemen

I apparently can't read today, lol. Thank you.

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 08 February 2023, 23:27:19 »
I was trying to find some sort of reference for you on these, but I came up completely short.

Personally, I'd lean towards using the paint schemes of their roots: Kavalleri (Polar) and Drakøns (Taiga). Modified/updated, if needed, to bring them in like with the rest of the touman. Makes the most sense to me, on a lot of levels, to have them carry forth their Rasalhagian heritage like that.
Nice
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 09 February 2023, 08:49:09 »
GG Kim.

Last we left off:

Stuff on our RATs and how it makes me mad (not as mad as I sound, a good portion is to generate some conversation)

What’s up with our fleet in general

In terms of our fleet and partially on the RAT front, I was surprised to see the Wusun on ours, but we missed out on the White Raven. I think whatever our issues, our relationship with the ravens is still pretty solid. Still want the Huntsman back, even with the Rime Otter to take its place.

I wonder if the XTRO Republic III note of increased production at Quatre Belle is us buying Wusuns or trading Ostrogoths for them and it noted that we've increased aerospace sibko's they need birds to use and being close ranged fighter/interceptors with a configs that mount a TC would help freshly graduated pilots
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 09 February 2023, 09:18:12 »
I wonder if the XTRO Republic III note of increased production at Quatre Belle is us buying Wusuns or trading Ostrogoths for them and it noted that we've increased aerospace sibko's they need birds to use and being close ranged fighter/interceptors with a configs that mount a TC would help freshly graduated pilots

That would be nice. I assume some of it is to refill our Valkyrie clusters, maybe get that galaxy back to full strength, and make sure our Leviathans are topped off as well. Those two ships carry 350 fighters, 300 of them from the Lev II. That’s nearly 3 whole clusters worth of fighters.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 09 February 2023, 09:25:14 »
Well with 3145 we have two Valkyrie Clusters, 2nd and 6th (?) but as said that’s now out of date. I’d love more (just like more Zeta) especially considering that with 28 Dropships on those two beasts and our penchant for Aesirs and Vanirs we could really use them.

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 09 February 2023, 10:46:39 »
Well with 3145 we have two Valkyrie Clusters, 2nd and 6th (?) but as said that’s now out of date. I’d love more (just like more Zeta) especially considering that with 28 Dropships on those two beasts and our penchant for Aesirs and Vanirs we could really use them.

We did up production of Aesirs at sometime around 3145 and the Lev III write up does include a theoretical Drop ship load out of 8 Aesirs, 3 Aquaducts and 3 Mammoths, so 6 empty for transports? that's a lot of troops that can be used to say hello up closer and more personal

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: 09 February 2023, 11:01:05 »
True… although eight Aesirs would give us another 240 fighters. Even if they replaced half with Vanir’s that’s almost another full Cluster of Aerospace fighters. Three full clusters between two Battleships/ Dreadnoughts is QUITE a lot and I approve. Six transports could be six full Overlord C’s which is a full Galaxy+.

We can drop a Hammer on people.

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 09 February 2023, 12:21:51 »
True… although eight Aesirs would give us another 240 fighters. Even if they replaced half with Vanir’s that’s almost another full Cluster of Aerospace fighters. Three full clusters between two Battleships/ Dreadnoughts is QUITE a lot and I approve. Six transports could be six full Overlord C’s which is a full Galaxy+.

We can drop a Hammer on people.

8 aesirs on a Lev III is 2 Trinaries worth of fighters, if i can do simple maths, and then there's the jump ships carrying standard Aesir/Vanir stars and their other transport dropship assets like Sassanids to drop off some Kobold IIC and Elemental III's to strike at key area's before a full on Drop Bear impression, with the added bonus one of the clusters in an Artic Galaxy (Tundra, Taiga, Polar) uses most of the Stealth BA's in the RasDom Touman or specializes in it's use and i think it's one that's been tagged into Combine Territory, and mix that with the Cluster that socializes in Artillery, we could be seeing the RasDom fighting like IS combined arms mixed with Horses combined arms, not out of necessity like the Dark Ages and the Wolves sudden-ish adoption of IS abtakha but because it's us and seeing that covered (hopefully) is kinda exciting

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 09 February 2023, 13:57:39 »
Each Aesir carries 30 fighters and a Trinary is 30 fighters. Plus 50 from the Leviathan III (5 Stars) and 300 from the Leviathan II (10 Trinaries). 450 Elementals (Six Trinaries) between the two Battleships, and at least 6-8 Overlord C’s and/or Polaris’s?

Hell yeah combined arms Galaxy orbital drops.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #24 on: 09 February 2023, 14:39:24 »
Troop transports on a battleship is a waste of a battleship. We haven't been endlessly building Odyssey for 80 years to put troops on a battleship.

Battleships have to stay mobile. If someone knows where your battleship is, it is a known quantifiable target. That gets you a dead battleship.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 09 February 2023, 14:47:18 »
Troop transports on a battleship is a waste of a battleship. We haven't been endlessly building Odyssey for 80 years to put troops on a battleship.

Battleships have to stay mobile. If someone knows where your battleship is, it is a known quantifiable target. That gets you a dead battleship.

Oh too true. I would only use what I just posted for a major assault or two. For a mobile fleet I’d add more PWS and Assault Ships… ie more Aesir and Vanirs lol.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #26 on: 09 February 2023, 15:56:49 »
Oh too true. I would only use what I just posted for a major assault or two. For a mobile fleet I’d add more PWS and Assault Ships… ie more Aesir and Vanirs lol.

Maybe a few Isegrim and Nagasawa.

Oh scratch that, the Isegrim is just a less in all aspects Vanir (save speed) which the Nagasawas can provide. I never looked too hard at the Isegrim I guess (I’ve gone the last half dozen years or so calling it the Isengrim).

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 09 February 2023, 16:03:34 »

Same, jump in drop off the transports under cover of your guns, clear them a landing spot with Ortillary, send a signal to another HPG equipped jumpship, jump on to a pick up point for fresh troops in transports, while the jumpships jump in to the now secured system to provide the second wave and pick up any and all survivors on planet. Is it a good plan, probably not.. but i'm not a tactician or strategical anything  :thumbsup:

Maybe a few Isegrim and Nagasawa.

Oh scratch that, the Isegrim is just a less in all aspects Vanir (save speed) which the Nagasawas can provide. I never looked too hard at the Isegrim I guess (I’ve gone the last half dozen years or so calling it the Isengrim).

We're taking the Emo's to Isengrim

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #28 on: 09 February 2023, 21:11:44 »
I’m thinking more about the color schemes, the Phoenix Hawk IIC on 26 can’t just be a mislabeling error, it has the Omega crest on it. It might be one of the Vega Regulars Cluster colors. Some clusters get different paint schemes (the Gunzberge Eagles, that one Wolf tiger stripe cluster) and might as well give it to what are glorified solhama clusters.

Alpha hasn’t changed (Viper on p32).
Can’t tell on page 49, no markings. (Crockett makes me mad too, if anyone is keeping track)

61 is Silveroot Keshik and Ourse Keshik (also TIL it’s French for Bear  :-X )

Rho is the same (EXE p64)
Karhu on 78 is regular old Omega
80-81 looks like Alpha from insignia, omega by colors.

Taiga Galaxy Locust IIC on 83 uses a modified 1st/3rd Freemen insignia on the leg, but is painted in either very similar or the same as what is described (but not shown) on Camospecs for Tundra Galaxy

The Skulker (maybe) on 88 seems to be watch (urban camo) colors, or camo. The sidebar on the same page is a communication between 1st Tyr and the Watch, no other context clues.

Pg 102 2nd Tyr is same as it has been.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #29 on: 09 February 2023, 23:49:43 »
I would say that insignias trump colour schemes every time, because camo and colour schemes can be changed, for whatever reason

they don't need to have parade colours unless on parade
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Register