Author Topic: (Answered) Nemesis Pods and Defining LOS  (Read 1037 times)

grimlock1

• Captain
(Answered) Nemesis Pods and Defining LOS
« on: 04 October 2018, 09:50:26 »
As per TW pg 142, an enemy unit(UNIT A) may be subject to friendly fire if it is along the LOS of an appropriate missile attack by UNIT B.
Does "within  LOS of such attacks," refer to only the hexes on a direct line between UNIT B and it's target or is there any spread?

For example, if Unit A is firing Artemis IV LRMs at UNIT C, 16 hexes away, and UNIT A is 15 hexes away, and 3 hexes off to one side.  That's only an 11 degree offset.

B                                                                           C
                                                                        A

Also, what happens if the Nemesis tagged unit is behind the firing unit?

B                            C       A
« Last Edit: 20 July 2023, 18:49:33 by Xotl »
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Defining LOS WRT Nemesis pods
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2018, 00:41:52 »
LOS is the straight line between the center of the shooter's hex to the center of the target's hex.  Units are along the LOS if that line crosses into any part of their hex or travels along a side of their hex.  If this does not happen then they are not on the LOS, no matter how close they are.

Because the LOS only exists between the attacker and target, a unit behind the attacker cannot be on the LOS.  Same for a unit behind the target.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register