Author Topic: Unit/Scheme of the Month: Clans Cloud Cobra, Steel Viper, and Star Adder  (Read 3218 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Good day all!  Hope everyone had a good October.  Thanks again to all who posted last month.  We had some great entries. :thumbsup:

This month it is back to the Clans with the trio of snakes: Cloud Cobra, Steel Viper, and Star Adder.  Rather interesting bunch with some colorful schemes.  So let's see those elementals, tanks, mechs, or whatever is flying their colors!

I've got one star I did, trying to copy Cloud Cobra's Zeta Galaxy scheme.  Came out a little too light on the gray I think, but I still like it.

Next month it will be the Federated Suns with a Christmas bonus.  As always, thank you to all who post.  Have a great month all! 8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Wotan

• Lieutenant
There are some Cloud Cobra Gamma Galaxy units i have.

And some "generic" Cloud Cobra units using their clan colors for camouflage. Maybe Delta galaxy?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
There are some Cloud Cobra Gamma Galaxy units i have.

And some "generic" Cloud Cobra units using their clan colors for camouflage. Maybe Delta galaxy?

Those protos look great! They have a very transformers vibe to the color scheme

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
Hmm... only a little bit of everything.

Just a few members of clan Cloud Cobra's Epsilon galaxy...

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
Even less members of clan Star Adder's Gamma galaxy...

The Deimos miniature is that custom mini predating the IWM sculpt, the Blood Asp is the tiny first sculpt and the Kraken RE is slightly modified (bigger top ATM 6, spaced arms).

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
And just a single ship for the Steel Vipers: the Aegis cruiser 'Steel Python'.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
And just a single ship for the Steel Vipers: the Aegis cruiser 'Steel Python'.

I like that ship! If we talk about naval assets i can field a naval star for the Star Adders. And their flagg ship.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
No love for the snakes?

One of my long time projects is to paint a complete cluster for the Star Adders. The 286th Adder Sentinels.
Including 5 trinaries, a command nova, a Protomech support star, one trinary of Armor for support and the dropship flotilla to transport the whole unit. Sadly there is still a long way to go. Half the units are painted and only 2 trinaries are complete so far.

ELH_AIMB

• Corporal
Clan Steel Viper, Beta Galaxy

Clan Star Adder, Epsilon Galaxy

Wotan

• Lieutenant
Love that hand painted logos on the Viper

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
All Battle Cobra trinary.  Why?  WHY NOT!

(I do have 15, only 10 pictured)
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Luciora

• Major
Hellfire 2

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
I only have a binary in Star Adder Alpha colours, but I'm quite pleased by them.

The mods are Blood Asp B, Kingfisher H, and Executioner E. Plus the Nova Cat got a bit of a height boos to play with the big boys ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Armond

• Sergeant
CSV,