Author Topic: Edge of the Abyss General Thread  (Read 11959 times)

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
Edge of the Abyss General Thread
« on: 14 June 2013, 10:38:03 »
Edge of the Abyss General Thread

Edge of the Abyss is the working title for a proposed grand strategy game set in an extended Chaos March in early 3058 with players taking on the roles of the various proto-nations, individual planets, mercenaries and pirates located within. Players will vie for favor or contracts with the five Great Houses and other influential parties including Comstar/Word of Blake, Free Capella, the St Ives Compact, the mercenary worlds of Northwind and Outreach and many others, all while trying to keep their independence.

So please join us in getting Edge of the Abyss off the ground. We have many things to settle before we'll be granted our own forum at the site so we need your help. Questions and comments are welcome and encouraged, We rely on your participation and discussion so don't be shy!

The To-Do List:

1) Staffing & Player Roster
2) Rules
3) Faction Write-Ups & Orders of Battle (Unit Lists)
4) Map & Planet Guide
5) Introduction

At the moment Arkaris and I are the only two GMs. We need at least one other, preferably two others to GM in order to meet one of the requirements set by the Admin of this site to run the game. Please contact me via PM or Skype (my screen name is lordterminax) or email me at terminax@gmail.com to volunteer.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2013, 10:50:37 by Terminax »

Terminax

• Lieutenant
Re: Edge of the Abyss General Thread
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2013, 11:52:56 »
Basic Discussion Points Part 1:

The Extended Chaos March

Our game is set in an alternate Chaos March, which is larger and more chaotic than the canon one. The entirety of the extended Chaos March (extCM for short) now includes the Lyons thumb (Atria, Dyev, Imbros III, Ko, Lambrecht, Lyons Moore, Sabik and York), Alula Australis, Rigel Kentarus and the Sirian Concordance worlds of Graham IV, Pollux, Procyon and Sirius and Nanking and Zurich.

The premise begins with the failure of Operation Guerrero to gain the same level of success than happened in canon. Resistance was higher and some units failed to withdraw as expected. For the Free Worlds League in particular, the Sirian Lancers mutinied and liberated their own worlds and declared their independence from the FWL. For the Capellan Confederation they achieved many of the rebellions that they did in canon but several of their more dubious mercenaries found themselves in hotter action than expected or finding better opportunities and bolted/turned coat/went rogue. The Federated Commonwealth didn't do much better. The Draconis Combine's attempt to place "peacekeepers" into the Lyons thumb caused considerable conflict between FedCom loyalists, Lyran Alliance loyalists and DCMS units that unlike canon, the Draconis Combine was forced out leaving the place a mess just as bad as the Sarna March worlds.

The traditional proto-nations that formed in the Chaos March are still there but there's now room for one or two new ones plus independent worlds in the Coreward extCM (North/Lyons thumb) area as well as possibilities in the traditional region Rimward (South/Sarna March) area and the disputed worlds around the Sarna Supremacy. Also there is the Sirian Concordance, who've established their own state.

At the beginning of the game, Earth is still in Comstar's posession and along with Northwind and Outreach are considered absolute neutrals in the disposition of the extCM. The CC, DC, F-C, FWL, LA are all trying to secure claims and jockey for control of the extCM... smaller powers are also getting involved for their own reasons and the player states will have to navigate those extremely dangerous waters. Of particular note, the two biggest extCM proto-nations - the Sarna Supremacy and the Sirian Concordance both have a successor state coming for them and the players who take those need to understand that of all the states, theirs maybe the strongest/most valuable but they also have the most risk.

There'll also be a pool of canon mercs available to play or contract with. Same with pirates, which will use the same basic rules as the mercs.

Player designed proto-nations/independent worlds will generally be on par with player designed mercs/pirates but somewhat weaker than their canon counterparts. That's the price for having that flexibility.

Infamy and Reputation

One of the rules we're going to have is an Infamy score, which is what happens when players do awful things like massacre civillians, destroy dropships, loot worlds and the like. You'll have a floating score which goes up and down (slowly over time, time heals all wounds) which affects the relationships between you and other factions. The higher it is the less other people will want to deal with you and at it's highest points, they'll actively work together against you. Then you have also have permanent score that never goes away except when it comes to checking for random negative events - the higher the score, the easier it will be for the event to happen and/or the more negative the event will be. Example of the floating score: The TerraCap Confederation has a high Infamy score because it got to power through dominating it's people through violence and destructive attacks on other worlds. Nobody will deal with them, or if they do they'll ask for more out of the arrangement than normal. Given enough time their Infamy score will lower and restrictions will ease. Example of the permanent score: The Sarna Supremacy has a high Infamy rating for various attacks they've initiated against the Capellan Confederation, and a random negative events happens - the rating will lower, but first comes a significant random event - the Capellan Confederation isn't going to fool around anymore and blockades Sarna while invading Kaifeng with a significant force - uh oh, I hope it goes better for Sarna than it did in canon!

Reputation is sort of the same thing, but for mercs. Higher rep units will have a better dragoon rating and more offers for decent work... but low rep units will have a low or no dragoon rating and have to work for the chaos march powers to make ends meet. Example: Bullard's AC has an abysmal  rep and basically can't find work using Outreach so it has to take whatever jobs come out of the chaos march because no house will hire them anymore.

More to come in the next post.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2013, 12:30:04 by Terminax »

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2013, 14:00:50 »
Basic Discussion Points Part 2:

Units

Units will be built in company strength blocks. Battlemechs, Aerospace, Armor and Infantry will all come as companies. Most (not all) players will be have a battalion to regimental sized military force, maybe two and some merc units so you'll track everything on a single record sheet or maybe two or three record sheets at most. A few players will have significantly more but shouldn't be overwhelmed if they are prepared. Think of your regiment/battalion unit as a squad and the companies as the individual men you have in it.

Battlemechs are of course, the principal weapon of the game. Battlemech companies will have the most flexibility and the best all-round stats in the game. They pack the most bang for your buck, but are expensive and difficult to replace in large numbers and experienced mechwarriors are a rare resource.

Aerospace units are the rarest in the game. As expensive as Battlemechs, their pool of experienced pilots is even smaller.

Armor is one of the two cheap units. They're less flexible and not anywhere near as tough as Battlemechs but have their uses. Really niche units like Submarines will be exceedingly rare and are not encouraged. Armor will be much easier to get a hold and training is easier to arrange but not all universally available.

Infantry is the cheapest unit. Like Armor, it's not as flexible as Battlemechs but they're cheap and plentiful. Anyone can build low-end Infantry but the higher-end stuff has requirements that poorer worlds or proto-nations can't meet without importing gear. Training is about on par with Armor. Battlearmor exists but it's rare compared to the rest.

Artillery isn't being counted as a separate unit, but a part of other units should they buy it as seperate upgrade. Omni tech will be treated similarly and will make such units easier to repair.

Techs and logistical support will be wrapped together into it's own support team unit. They'll be able to make a repair action for any single company, and you will need at least one for every ten companies you possess but a 1 support team to 3 companies ratio is far far better.

All units will have an upkeep cost and supply cost each turn and for every combat action they participate in.

Units will have the usual experience levels - Green, Regular, Veteran and Elite. The baseline is regular, and green troops will be markedly worse while Veteran troops markedly better. Elite troops, what few exist will be superb.

There is a technology tree but it's pretty limited. There's six ranks of Inner Sphere tech, with four ranks of Clan tech. Clan tech is extremely rare and highly coveted but it's so expensive/difficult to get I don't expect to see much of it in the game. The ranks for Inner Sphere tech are as follows:

0 (zero): Primitive/Retrotech & Armed Industrial Mechs
1 (one): Basic Inner Sphere technology
2 (two): Standard Star League/recovered technology (XL Engines, Double Heatsinks, ER & Pulse Lasers, Endo-Steel/Ferro-Fibrous, Ultra 5 & LBX 10 ACs and the like)
3 (three): Star League/early new inner sphere technology (light engines, light and heavy gauss rifles, MRMs, Stealth Armor and the like)
4 (four): Star League/late new inner sphere technology (light & Snubnosed PPC, Reinforced Armor, Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle and the like)
5 (five): Advanced star league/experimental inner sphere technology (XXL engines, Composite Structures, Superheavy Battlemechs, and the like)

The Clans ranks follow a similar path.

Just because it's there in the tech scale, doesn't mean it will see use in the game. Having it all out there, is for sake of reference only. I honestly don't expect to see very much outside of IS rank 1-3 and Clan rank 1. I'm including rank 0 for IS but it's not something I'll be encouraging for the most part. Of course as tech increases your units are more effective but they're going to be more expensive and less worth the expense the higher you go. Rank 0 tech is less effective and pretty much only for the desperate.

Dropships & Jumpships will be kept seperate and are mostly expected not to be involved in combat. Each player will only have limited access to Jumpships (some more than others, and in the case of mercs they may have to rely on employers/contracted ships) with Dropships being slightly less rare.  No Warships will be in the possession of a player, so don't even go there but Assault Dropships are a possibility but will be exceedingly rare.

Infrastructure

Military factories exist in the Chaos March but they're an exception and not the rule. Battlemech, Aerospace, Armor and Dropship factories are extremely valuable assets. Mostly they'll be making money for owning players through trade so they can hire mercs or buy equipment/training for units. New factories are extremely expensive and it will be cost prohibitive for the most part to build them. Basic infantry equipment is available to anyone but the advanced stuff will require importing from a house or some sort of military industry/advanced infantry training facility. An Armor factory is about the most I expect most independent worlds to be able to come up with and 95% of the time,  it'd be much better to just import gear instead.

No Battlearmor factories are around but they're not impossible, just about as expensive as the other military factories. Similarly there's no retrotech/primitive/armed industrial mech factories but they're not impossible, just expensive but not as expensive as the real deal so it's a possibility. More possible for a faction that already has some military industry and has an urgent need for domestic use can convert something over but even then, that'll be rare.

Training facilities are almost as rare. Only Sarna, Northwind and Outreach in the Chaos March offer Battlemech and aerospace training, but you can add or increase training capacity. Otherwise, you'll have to recruit from the small pool of available dispossessed pilots and house rejects. Armor and Infantry are universally available training wise except for the advanced infantry which need advanced facilities.

No Jumpship yards exist in the Chaos March and are unattainable. Jumpships are very hard to permanently acquire without piracy.

Agriculture, Mining and Light Industry will be valuable assets to cultivate. Most planets can feed themselves but some can't and need to import food. Military and light industry need access to materials from mining to function. Light Industry is needed for feeding advanced industries.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2013, 14:14:23 by Terminax »

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2013, 16:16:29 »
After a couple of emails, a Skype message and a PM - I don't want people to feel that they can't comment, ask questions or contribute - please do! That's the point of the thread and why I title each discussion point so you can refer to it easily. Deface the thread all you like, that's what it's here for. I've got more coming but probably won't get it out until I get home from work.

Klingon

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2013, 09:24:36 »
I'd play, but I'd need some idea of the factions involved.

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2013, 15:42:01 »
Am I correct in assuming that players would be battling over planets?

Each planet would have...

A name
Coordinates (easily grabbed from the ISAtlas website)
Resource points produced per turn?
Anything else?

What do you see as the length of the strategic turn?  A week?  A month?

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2013, 16:16:11 »
I'd play, but I'd need some idea of the factions involved.

The same.  I'm liable to take a mercenary unit, whether canon or invented, but I'd like to see more about the factions involved first.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2013, 21:39:15 »
Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been tinkering with hard numbers and mechanics today and the process is leaving my brain fried. Nibs has also stepped up to volunteer as a GM but neither Arkaris or I have had a chance to go over anything with him. We're going to need a few days just to organize ourselves. We still have a slot for another GM if anyone is interested but it isn't urgent at the moment.

Klingon & Arkansas Warrior - A work in progress faction list is in the works. In the meantime, search for "Chaos March" and "Operation Guerrero" at Sarna.net for a short articles on both that'll give you an idea of what's going on but it's by no means an exhaustive list and of course doesn't include the changes from canon we're making. There's also the "make-your-own" option.

Scrapyard Armory - Yes we're battling over planets. Why would we need coordinates? What planets produce is wee bit more complicated than just resource points as hinted to above. More will be posted soon. We're still discussing length of turns among the GMs still. I'm expecting a budget every 2 to 3 weeks.

Korsar

• Corporal
  • Meet Demi-Precentor Kingslay
« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2013, 12:01:41 »
I very much like your ideas. Infamy/Reputation with a hard and a soft score? Sounds like a good way to encourage some player roleplaying interaction.

Also the idea of limiting players to one battalion/regiment of forces sounds like a great plan. That way you get some leeway with what you want to do, but not to much. Although one question popped into my head: What about Mercenaries? I'd imagine them having smaller building blocks than companies, so that it would become possible t.ex. to play a company sized force. Or do you think this might be to small?

Another thing that I thought about was the inclusion of WoB and C*. I like my Wobbies very, very much  ;), but I would think that they'd have to much power tech-wise. Although... There's always the Dragoons  ;D

3067: Demi-Precentor Jack "Korsar" Kingslay, 22nd Propaganda Detachment, WoB

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2013, 14:58:18 »
I personally don't have an issue with the "largest unit being a battalion /regiment in size I just have minor issues with a player being hard capped at 1 battalion or regiment of total forces.

no I actually don't have an issue with the regiment being the largest "unit" that can be built up, but I have at least a minor issue that no force can have more than 1 regiment.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2013, 16:08:48 »
I didn't get that impression.  If a free Sirian Concordance is one o the factions, well, the Sirian Lancers comprised three well-supported regiments.  I'm sure that's not the only example, I just don't know the Chaos March well.

I thought he was saying a regiment or so would be the capped for player-invented merc units/independent worlds.  And even then I imagine its more a cap on initial size, if you earn the cash to add three regiments of armor later then good for you.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2013, 16:10:39 by Arkansas Warrior »
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2013, 18:10:49 »
Arkansas Warrior is pretty close to how I see it. Player made factions won't have the same advantages as the established ones will but neither will they have the established factions disadvantages. There isn't really an upper limit on starting forces beyond the limit of the initial buy in. Everyone will have limits on building new forces depending on many variables such as resources, industry, manpower and training hence why mercenaries are going to be a popular alternative. Mercs offer better equipped, better trained and sometimes larger numbers at an often much better price than the economics of raising your own forces.

I expect player made factions to field between a battalion to a regiment of Battlemechs or brigade of mixed forces but nothing much bigger because anything larger will risk being too Green or made of too many cheap troops or both and be difficult to maintain, transport and are extremely vulnerable to other players/NPC forces.

Comstar, Word of Blake, Northwind and Outreach all technically neutrals in the extCM and will be GM controlled. Both Northwind and Outreach provide pools of arms, trained manpower and training facilities to the various proto-nations and independent worlds. Comstar and the Word of Blake are contesting each others control of HPG stations in the Chaos March as well as other games. At the moment Terra is in Comstar's hands.

The Sarna Supremacy fields 2 regiments of troops, with two more of mercenaries as well as a handful of smaller mercenary commands.
The Styk Commonality fields a regiment's worth of smaller mercenary commands.
The Saiph Triumvirate fields a battalion's worth of troops, a mercenary infantry regiment plus a number of smaller mercenary commands.
The TerraCap Confederation fields a rogue mercenary unit turned government military plus a handful of smaller mercenary commands.
The Duchy of Small fields a mixed regiment of troops plus considerable infantry forces and a mercenary armor regiment.
The Sirian Concordance fields three brigades of troops.

Out of the independent worlds of note, only Epsilon Eridani fields anything larger than a mixed regiment of troops - Epsilon Eridani has a reinforced RCT sized force.

All before players decide to build new troops or hire more mercs.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2013, 18:13:27 by Terminax »

Trenacker

• Recruit
« Reply #12 on: 16 June 2013, 18:44:35 »
I'm in. Probably some 'fringe world.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 16 June 2013, 19:58:30 »
ok I am not sure if I want to go merc, or "government" would like to see a bit of a breakdown on creation choices to see what kinds of choices we get

example government start off with more forces and little to no production, or smaller forces but limited manufacturing

Arkaris

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 16 June 2013, 20:21:10 »
ok I am not sure if I want to go merc, or "government" would like to see a bit of a breakdown on creation choices to see what kinds of choices we get

example government start off with more forces and little to no production, or smaller forces but limited manufacturing

We are still working on those exact numbers and the crunch behind all of this.  This thread is mostly our general feel and where we are planning on going at the start of the game.  Give enough of a tease and hopefully get enough people interested to get going once we feel comfortable with the crunch.

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 16 June 2013, 21:24:42 »
We'll get there.

Keep in mind I'd like to see at least two thirds of the established proto-nations (including Epsilon Eridani) taken before we get too player creations. Factories are extremely big ticket items and I'm not going to lie that at this scale, not really something worth building except for a multi-word proto-nation.

Korsar

• Corporal
« Reply #16 on: 17 June 2013, 05:32:23 »
Okay, than this would probably be my first picks (if we're already taking these ;) ): TerraCap Confederation or Epsilon Eridiani. But definitly TerraCap :D

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #17 on: 17 June 2013, 06:35:19 »
Scrapyard Armory - Yes we're battling over planets. Why would we need coordinates?

Possibly to generate a map.

What planets produce is wee bit more complicated than just resource points as hinted to above. More will be posted soon.

I look forward to details as you nail things down.

I'm expecting a budget every 2 to 3 weeks.

I was thinking more along the lines of in-game time.  This would dictate how far forces could travel in a single game turn based on jumpship recharge time.

Followup question:
Would you track individual jumpships or reply on a more abstract system ala ISiF transport points?

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 17 June 2013, 09:32:37 »
We're still organizing, so I can't be much more specific on a time frame at the moment.

I prefer a budget turn that includes multiple combat/movement turns within the same period of time and to make things simple, I like to tie production/training to a rate that works with a budget turn. For example, most production and training relevant to our needs falls into a quarterly rate - everything 3 months, six months, nine months, a year and so on. So a budget turn will probably be around three months long, with a game month being tracked every real life week.

As to Jumpships and Dropships, it'll be bit a both (boy will you guys get tired of me saying that  ;D) - most of the time, it's an abstract but there will be specific named units that will stand out of the crowd. There's always exception to the rule, as this is as much an RPG as it is a strategic game. It's more likely mercenary units to have named assets and proto-nations/independents to have it abstracted.

While Jumpships travel times will be a game week for every 30LY travelled while Dropships transit takes a combat turn from Jumpship to planet or from planet to Jumpships. K-F batteries naturally allow for a double Jump but I can probably count on one hand the number of K-F battery equipped Jumpships that exist out of the hands of the Major Powers or Notable Mercenary commands in the Chaos March. Like factories, K-F batteries are something that just isn't going to be an option for most players.

Mapping wise I was expecting to modify one of Black Nova/Volt's maps from ourbattletech.com for our uses.

Fatebringer

• Major
  • 138th Mechanized Infantry The Chicago Division
« Reply #19 on: 18 June 2013, 16:33:51 »
I like that this is small enough to be managable, without being too restricting by rules or faction ;)

Star Captain Jared Siegel ~ Clan Snow Raven Forum
"If every mech was built like in MWO, we'd all be carrying ammo in our feet..."

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 20 June 2013, 14:47:36 »
Just to let everyone know, I've gotten a job building fences for a contractor that has a tight schedule so I will be unavailable during the majority of this week and next. If I do a satisfactory job, there may be further work down the road as well which would be good. While the hours aren't terrible, it involves a fair bit of travel and I've also got my regular security job on top of everything else. So I'm going to be busy for the next little while. Won't mean I won't be working on the game and getting things organized with Arkaris and Nibs but please understand if updates are spread out a little, with the next major update being on Sunday - my next day off.

Korsar

• Corporal
« Reply #21 on: 20 June 2013, 15:09:30 »
@Terminax: As somebody who is happy over every job he gets and has had to cancel a lot of games over it: No problem! I hope it works out! Our as we germans might say: "Ich drücke die Daumen!" ;) (I'm pressing my thumbs.)

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 23 June 2013, 21:31:57 »
Sadly, I haven't gotten anything done this evening. My head's too much a-swirl with figures and numbers from the fencing job, which has become somewhat more complicated. I'm being tasked to run the projects purchases and deal with our clients, which is much more than I ever expected out of the job. Anyways you haven't been forgotten. This week I should be home every evening or able to post while working my security job at night.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #23 on: 26 June 2013, 09:35:44 »
Any room for an ex Jaguar turned mercenary in all of this?
"Manei Domini think themselves superior because of their unnatural enhancements.  I cannot wait to show them the error of their ways."
  - Star Colonel Damien Furey

"I'm going to found a mercenary outfit, all the cool kids are doing it."
 - Duchess Designate Alice Duvall

Fatebringer

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 26 June 2013, 11:23:36 »
I dig the Sarna Supremacy. :)

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 26 June 2013, 11:32:41 »
Any room for an ex Jaguar turned mercenary in all of this?

If this is set at the beginning of the Chaos March's existence, it's actually pre-Bulldog  (pre-Star League Reformation, even).  So that might complicate your plans, but if you're careful you could probably make a reasonable unit around that idea.  Since it doesn't exactly have to fit canon, it shouldn't be that hard.
Sunrise is Coming.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #26 on: 26 June 2013, 12:49:57 »
If this is set at the beginning of the Chaos March's existence, it's actually pre-Bulldog  (pre-Star League Reformation, even).  So that might complicate your plans, but if you're careful you could probably make a reasonable unit around that idea.  Since it doesn't exactly have to fit canon, it shouldn't be that hard.

I have an idea that involves some careful coopting, a conversation with a Dragoon and a Trial of Possession.
"Manei Domini think themselves superior because of their unnatural enhancements.  I cannot wait to show them the error of their ways."

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 27 June 2013, 19:42:24 »
Man this week's been brutal. I've put in 12 hour days every day I've worked (Mon, Wed, today) on fencing plus more four hours at Security. So again I'm sorry for the constant delays. I never expected to have to hold the hands of my employer as I have. I'm replacing his post guy after I found an entire row of posts out of proper alignment byfeet and had to dig out three posts AND their concrete plugs to move them to where they should have been in the first place. I don't want to, but I have to, to keep the job flowing without anymore foul ups costing time and money. My precious time and money.

Anyways, I have no issues with character choices but keep in mind Clan characters/equipment will cost dearly.

Fatebringer - The Supremacy is yours if you want it.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #28 on: 27 June 2013, 19:46:13 »

Anyways, I have no issues with character choices but keep in mind Clan characters/equipment will cost dearly.

Oh, I bet which is why I was going to field a smaller force.  Jaguars trying to make names for themselves.  Could be a great set up for a future Blake occupation fight ;)

Fatebringer

• Major
« Reply #29 on: 01 July 2013, 14:17:51 »
Man this week's been brutal. I've put in 12 hour days every day I've worked (Mon, Wed, today) on fencing plus more four hours at Security. So again I'm sorry for the constant delays. I never expected to have to hold the hands of my employer as I have. I'm replacing his post guy after I found an entire row of posts out of proper alignment byfeet and had to dig out three posts AND their concrete plugs to move them to where they should have been in the first place. I don't want to, but I have to, to keep the job flowing without anymore foul ups costing time and money. My precious time and money.

Fatebringer - The Supremacy is yours if you want it.

Roger that. But, sorry to hear you had some drunk guy laying out your post locations. Being off by feet is not an easy thing to do.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #30 on: 01 July 2013, 15:49:03 »
Roger that. But, sorry to hear you had some drunk guy laying out your post locations. Being off by feet is not an easy thing to do.

well I can come up with "reasons" for a significant being off, but usually its a layout issue (ie measuring from the wrong spot or similar)

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 01 July 2013, 18:57:15 »
It's Canada Day where all good Canucks gather around the flame of the BBQ and consume vast quantities of charred meat and drink cold beer by the bucket full. I've been working through the weekend on the game and hopefully soon I can put up something solid for you guys to work with. Been playing around between the nations and the mercenary creation rules trying to balance the two.

As for work, I've needed a break but tomorrow weather willing, I'll be at it again. I've rescheduled my security job so I'm off until the end of July so my weekdays for the next three weeks won't be such a crunch. Just hope we don't get any major rain while digging the next batch of post holes.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 16 August 2013, 13:26:07 »
So, what the word?  Any progress being made?
Sunrise is Coming.

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 16 August 2013, 15:44:46 »
I'm pretty swamped with competing interests for my spare time at the moment. Lots of deck and fence work has been coming my way, I had to go back to security work full time at the beginning of August and I'm looking at buying a business or three and doing the due diligence involved in those. So busy, busy, busy right now. I'm booked until mid-September and all the business opportunities will be resolved one way or another before Labor Day weekend so tentatively I think I'll have my life back by October.
« Last Edit: 16 August 2013, 15:48:57 by Terminax »

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 28 October 2013, 08:38:00 »
Alright, I am finally not so swamped anymore. All my construction jobs are done, security work is finally on a regular schedule and the cleaning (janitorial/office) business I bought is humming along nicely. I'll be going over what I've got in my files and see if the months and get the machine rolling again.

Korsar

• Corporal
« Reply #35 on: 28 October 2013, 15:44:28 »
Sounds great  O0 Especially as it seems I'll be getting a quiet end of the year in which I could post and participate regularly  ;D