Author Topic: Clan Coyote: For Science!  (Read 8041 times)

GrimNefari

• Corporal
Clan Coyote: For Science!
« on: 23 December 2016, 13:09:55 »
Just wanted to start a Clan Coyote thread since I have yet to recall ever seeing one here. The Yotes need some love, even if they have some... questionable dealings with certain groups of people.
Omaha's Raiders Volumes:
Origins
Hunting the Black Flag (Forthcoming)
TO&E and Fluff Info

twitch.tv/omarkrieg
youtube.com/@omarkrieg

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Re: Clan Coyote: For Science!
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2016, 14:01:29 »
Alas my favorite Clan got caught up in chasing the roadrunner....
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2016, 14:16:12 »
the coyote scientists fight for the rights to be Wile E Coyote
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 23 December 2016, 15:56:31 »
They lost their immortality by not buying exclusively from Acme Widgets.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #4 on: 23 December 2016, 16:19:55 »
New and improved Clan Coyote thread.

I mean, if that's okay with the Cloud Cobras.

Otherwise, I guess that's also okay.

Please don't give them an excuse for another reaving...
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

GrimNefari

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 23 December 2016, 17:21:28 »
As I recall from my most recent read through of WoR, that was all brought about by the steel vipers (forever be cursed their name!) and the Bloody ilKhan Brett. If he hadn't started all that, it probably would be much later when the Society/Silas Kufahl made their big move and rent the Clans to the shattered remains they became.

Just saying :D
Omaha's Raiders Volumes:
Origins
TO&E and Fluff Info

twitch.tv/omarkrieg
youtube.com/@omarkrieg

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 23 December 2016, 19:54:30 »
Huh. Our old one is that badly buried? :(

Also, had. Past tense. The Coyotes aren't the scientist clan anymore. the other three get nervous when a Coyote does so much as approach a Bunson burner. Instead it looks like the Coyotes get to be the Merchant clan. If the Coyotes didn't adapt to their new situation, they'd be as dead as the Goliath Scorpions and the Blood Spirits. Fortunately, coyotes are adaptable animals.

The last thing we were talking about was how much to put on the little blurbs the Coyotes get out of Campaign Operations. One shows a war alongside the Stone Lions against the Star Adders and the Cloud Cobras. Another is an invasion into the Imperio Escorpion.

Also, as an aside, if we attach a traditional element to the Coyotes, as we see from the other remaining homeworld clans (fire for Star Adders, air for Cloud Cobras, and earth for Stone Lions), we get water.

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 23 December 2016, 21:03:39 »
Link to the old thread  We're a quiet bunch, busy wandering on our own, chasing roadrunners, doing varmint stuff.  Staying under the radar.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

GrimNefari

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 23 December 2016, 21:43:58 »
Hmph- must have missed that one.  Should have used the "search" feature, lol.  Perhaps we should close this one down then?
Omaha's Raiders Volumes:
Origins
TO&E and Fluff Info

twitch.tv/omarkrieg
youtube.com/@omarkrieg

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 23 December 2016, 22:36:25 »
Nah. I think our old one belongs under the thread necromancy rules. >< So I *THink* this one is OK. A Mod can come along and merge them if I'm wrong.

GrimNefari

• Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 23 December 2016, 22:54:43 »
Yay!! My thread stands!

I dare any to Refuse over this.
Omaha's Raiders Volumes:
Origins
TO&E and Fluff Info

twitch.tv/omarkrieg
youtube.com/@omarkrieg

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 23 December 2016, 23:06:05 »
A Mod could probably merge them.  They have some sort of fell powers like that.  Someone declare a Trial of Absorption!
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

GrimNefari

• Corporal
« Reply #12 on: 23 December 2016, 23:26:18 »
I bid the entire internet in defense of Clan Coyote should the trial of absorption be attempted (And yes, I can do that, because: reasons)
Omaha's Raiders Volumes:
Origins
TO&E and Fluff Info

twitch.tv/omarkrieg
youtube.com/@omarkrieg

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 24 December 2016, 11:55:31 »
Greetings, Coyotes.

The history of the Coyote and the Wolf clans has been full of inspiring moments of cooperation and kinship, right up to the Wolf exit from the homeworlds. I know it is difficult to know the exact situation and mindset in the homeworlds, come the 3100s, but as fans, do you suspect that these Canine bonds will have survived the long separation?

You guys are the only Home Clan I'm rooting for at this point :D
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

GrimNefari

• Corporal
« Reply #14 on: 24 December 2016, 13:52:02 »
Honestly, who knows?  The wolves are abjured and the coyotes that remain are probably going to be very, very hesitant to do anything that could get them marked as "tainted" or something similar. They pretty much have to keep themselves glued to the Honor Road and whatever passes as acceptable behavior at least until they are strong again. Then again, the Coyote is an opportunistic animal so who knows - maybe the coyotes will flip a bird to the home Clans and bounce to the wolf empire.

Personally anything after 3100 is pretty suspect in my eyes. The whole jihad era seems to have ripped things up and that includes the wars of reaving too. At this point with what I know and understand of the BT universe anything can and probably will happen
Omaha's Raiders Volumes:
Origins
TO&E and Fluff Info

twitch.tv/omarkrieg
youtube.com/@omarkrieg

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #15 on: 24 December 2016, 18:32:25 »
Given that the Coyotes are only really still alive at the sufferance of the other Clans, it'd be very risky for them to do anything to even associate with an abjured clan. More then any of the other post-Reaving homeworld Clans, the Coyotes have to tow the line and act very proper, knowing full well that any deviation could cost them heavily.

The other thing you have to consider is generational change. After 3100, the newly minted Coyote warriors will have never known of life before the Reavings. They won't have been raised in the same environment with the cooperation between the two Clans. To them, for their entire lives, the Wolves have been the enemy, a Clan who abandoned the Clan way and were abjured for their actions.

Obviously we have no way of knowing what's happened in the homeworlds after 3090. However, given both what we know of the the new homeworld post-reaving and the inevitable generational change, I can't see how there would be any remaining sympathy for the Wolves.

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

GrimNefari

• Corporal
« Reply #16 on: 24 December 2016, 18:42:34 »
Hah! Someone just said pretty much the same thing I said. With fewer words even!
Omaha's Raiders Volumes:
Origins
TO&E and Fluff Info

twitch.tv/omarkrieg
youtube.com/@omarkrieg

GrimNefari

• Corporal
« Reply #17 on: 31 December 2016, 17:36:56 »
Happy New Year to all my Clan Coyote compatriots - and all you other scum too :)
Omaha's Raiders Volumes:
Origins
TO&E and Fluff Info

twitch.tv/omarkrieg
youtube.com/@omarkrieg

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #18 on: 11 January 2017, 12:29:25 »
They Coyotes are, at least after being given life, the bone you can't really swallow.  You COULD try to wipe them out, but there's just enough of them to make it painful for you.  Sure the all three Clans could band together and do the deed, but there will still be loses, and it looks like from the end of WoR, replacing losses in material or men isn't that easy even for the Adders.

GrimNefari

• Corporal
« Reply #19 on: 13 January 2017, 15:22:13 »
Does anyone have, or know where I might be able to find, a list of active clusters and galaxies as about 3040, or basically pre-REVIVAL and on?  The earliest list I have is Warden Clans which appears to be set about '57 - '62 but I know Sullivan Koga shuffled around around the clusters a bit when she shut down Beta and Gamma Galaxies. This took place, as best as I can tell, somewhere between 3040 and 3052 I think, and the May just happens to be the time in which my alternate timeline fanfic is set.
Omaha's Raiders Volumes:
Origins
TO&E and Fluff Info

twitch.tv/omarkrieg
youtube.com/@omarkrieg

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #20 on: 13 January 2017, 17:28:18 »
Short version is that there is none. We basically have no info on the pre-REVIVAL Clan Tourmans

GrimNefari

• Corporal
« Reply #21 on: 13 January 2017, 17:45:33 »
I had a feeling that was gonna be the answer. Which means I get to go thru what info there is and try and backtrack from there and come up with something. But, since this is a fanfic I get a little more leeway in how much room for error there is too. So... might be a post in a few days in The non-canon section with what I come up with then. Yay freedom!
Omaha's Raiders Volumes:
Origins
TO&E and Fluff Info

twitch.tv/omarkrieg
youtube.com/@omarkrieg

Warship

• Sergeant
  • Once more into the fire
« Reply #22 on: 22 January 2017, 11:44:22 »
the coyote scientists fight for the rights to be Wile E Coyote

Clan Road Runner anyone?   ;D

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #23 on: 08 May 2017, 19:22:06 »
Poking my nose in... wow! The pasture grass tastes great! All Hail Clan Hell's Horses!

;D

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 13 May 2017, 09:00:59 »
I thought Hell's Horses were carnivores?  All that exposure to Inner Sphere taint must've corrupted you even more than we suspected.  Please stand by for coherent light decontamination.
Sunrise is Coming.

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: 13 May 2017, 17:42:39 »
The grass on Tamaron is made of meat. That'll happen when you let your Scientists off the leash.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #26 on: 13 May 2017, 17:45:30 »
And here I thought Willy Wonka turned everything into candy.  Learn something new every day.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #27 on: 13 May 2017, 17:52:53 »
I thought Hell's Horses were carnivores?  All that exposure to Inner Sphere taint must've corrupted you even more than we suspected.  Please stand by for coherent light decontamination.

I now am going to PERMANENTLY imagine all things said by Coyotes as being said by GlaDOS.  There is no undoing this.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Elcor05

• Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: 13 May 2017, 18:40:53 »
I now am going to PERMANENTLY imagine all things said by Coyotes as being said by GlaDOS.  There is no undoing this.

"Please pick up your Weighted Companion Protomech from the side room."

"Meekness: Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while." - Ambrose Bierce

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #29 on: 13 May 2017, 19:07:30 »
"Please pick up your Weighted Companion Protomech from the side room."

that would be Wheatly's The Society's Line, as protomechs are banned from coyote use by the grand council

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #30 on: 13 May 2017, 21:38:09 »
that would be Wheatly's The Society's Line, as protomechs are banned from coyote use by the grand council
I think it's our own Clan Council that put that ban into place, actually.  But anyway, who needs protomechs when you produce the technological marvel that is the UrbanMech IIC?
Sunrise is Coming.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 12 May 2018, 22:13:47 »
*Blows off dust*

I go away for a few months and come back to...what?  Did you all get purged by the Vipers?  Have we no moons to howl at?  Have we no Cobras to castigate?  New scientific theories, which are all extremely mundane and not a cover for insane scientist conspiracies, to investigate?  Where are you guys?
Sunrise is Coming.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 13 May 2018, 01:13:10 »
Its never been that popular of a Clan on the forums as far as I can tell, and there has been absolutely nothing new published about them in years. Its not that surprising that their thread is dead as well.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 14 May 2018, 19:48:31 »
" I'll 'Yote if I want to, and 'Yote if I care, but if you don't 'Yote, then you no 'Yote of mine! "

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #34 on: 15 May 2018, 07:15:04 »
lot of people are MIA in the last few years  :-\

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 17 May 2018, 13:18:14 »
Don't worry, Ross. Coyotes adapt, survive and adapt again ;)

Our clan's fate is "Good" for the moment, like the Cloud Cobras, the Stone Lions, and the Star Adders. We have no real "conflict" to set ourselves against. Unless you accept the blurbs in Campaign Operations as canon. In that case.....WHOA NELLY! Still, the Blood Spirits are fighting against their own extinction and the Goliath Scorpions are fighting for their own survival. That keeps the players involved a bit more awake.

mmmpi

• Corporal
« Reply #36 on: 09 October 2018, 20:25:26 »
Looking at painting up my clan mechs as Coyote.

Right now I have a Summoner, Hellbringer, Dire Wolf, Timberwolf, Nova, Uller, and Marauder IIC.

For my first star I'm looking at using the Summoner, Hellbringer, Direwolf, Timberwolf and Marauder.
Unfortunately, four of the mechs are the old city tech ones, and they look tiny compared to the other three.

I'm looking at at least one star of omnis, one of 2nd line, one of elementals, and one of protomechs.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 09 October 2018, 22:30:32 »
I'd roll with more Standard Infantry and more Vehicles in that 2nd line unit. Something like these:

A Nova, 2nd Line mixed Star with a Proto Star to form this Cluster?

2 Indra w/ Foot Infantry ( 20-25 )
2 Ares Plasma
3 2nd Liners

Gives you 4- 5/8 movers with heavy firepower to boost your effectiveness. Then there's the thought of abstracting your unit... Half Star of 2 to Fortified Star of 7. And making these Nova'd as well...

Yeah this means if you really rolled well, you could make a Nova with 14 Points! Or even a Nova with 4 Points...  xp

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

mmmpi

• Corporal
« Reply #38 on: 10 October 2018, 02:39:39 »
I'll keep that in mind.  I've got a bit to look through.

Register