Author Topic: The Wolf Empire: Our Khan Beat Devlin Stone in a Savage Wolf! Buy Savage Wolves!  (Read 194735 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
TRo3150 said Kell headed off to the Periphery . . . I expect them to try to find a safe place to stash everyone before going on a headhunting mission of Malvina.  Killing her definitely fits into the Warden cause.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
So perhaps they've gone to where the Red Corsair (Katrina Steiner) and Morgan Kell found that lostech back in the day.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
I find it hard to believe that the fleet could be Wolf Empire, since less than two months earlier Alaric skipped a jumpship off the Terran Wall for the exact same reason.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Summoner

• Master Sergeant
I find it hard to believe that the fleet could be Wolf Empire, since less than two months earlier Alaric skipped a jumpship off the Terran Wall for the exact same reason.

I am thinking it isn’t Wolf.  It will be either WiE, Ghost Bear, or CSA.  CSA because that would be the most radical twist and they might want to weave the HW Clans back into the plot for the big finish in the next book. Ghost Bear because they are the most powerful Wardens in the IS and WiE because as they Warden faction of Wolf. It’s obviously going to be whoever Stone “invites”. I still am holding out hope that Wolf Empire gets it, but I have doubts.  I also think we’re in for a couple more twists.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I am thinking it isn’t Wolf.  It will be either WiE, Ghost Bear, or CSA.  CSA because that would be the most radical twist and they might want to weave the HW Clans back into the plot for the big finish in the next book. Ghost Bear because they are the most powerful Wardens in the IS and WiE because as they Warden faction of Wolf. It’s obviously going to be whoever Stone “invites”. I still am holding out hope that Wolf Empire gets it, but I have doubts.  I also think we’re in for a couple more twists.

The most radical twist is Clan Hells Horses. The next most radical twist is the Raven Alliance. After that I would say is Clan Wolf in Exile, Clan Smoke Jaguar or Clan Sea Fox. Then I would say in order, from most radical to least radical it would go, Ghost Bear Dominion, Whatever Home Clan, Clan Jade Falcon and then Wolf Empire.

I guess that's my order for Ilclan. But I don't think a home clan is particularly surprising. It's too easy of a surprise.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Just because I'm curious and honestly I can't remember, do the Exiles have much of a fleet at this point? Obviously they have the transportation assets to get their combat units and disappear, but do they have much in the way of warships, pocket warships, or assault dropships?
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Summoner

• Master Sergeant
Just because I'm curious and honestly I can't remember, do the Exiles have much of a fleet at this point? Obviously they have the transportation assets to get their combat units and disappear, but do they have much in the way of warships, pocket warships, or assault dropships?

No idea, but ideologically if Stone was going to make a deal with an IS Clan I think it would be WiE or GB.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
IT ALL. Come on, people!

IT ALL-->ITALL-->I TALL--> The first planet in the Tall Trees system.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
IT ALL-->ITALL-->I TALL--> The first planet in the Tall Trees system.

Foxx Ittal?!?!?

Foxx Ittal is Ilkhan!

SteveRestless

• Major
So if Wolf in Exile IS on Terra, how do they expect to hold it when they can't even keep arc Royal?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Well . . . the battle of Arc Royal sounded like it was a small portion of what remained- both Keshiks and a cluster with whatever sibkos could be armed.  Patrik Fetladral was the Khan for the Dark Age period- and to be honest I am not mourning his passing, he seemed rather complacent which might be a cultural indicator- and Selena Woods was the saKhan . . .

But after Fetladral fell we are told saKhan Miriam Shaw evacuated what remained- how much material they could take with them makes me wonder.  Miriam Shaw seems made of sterner stuff and hopefully could lead to rebirth/expansion . . . as should have happened after the Jihad.

So to offer a 3rd option of where the Wolves could have ended up . . . what about the Imperio?  If the Scorpions still exist they were long time allies with the old Wolves.

As far was warships . . . Implacable (Black Lion) was reamed by the Bears, Werewolf (McKenna) ate a nuke?, not sure what happened to the Ulric Kerensky (Cameron) or the pair of Aegis but pretty sure they are gone, the Full Moon (Potemkin) flew through a plot hole in the 3080s/3090s- which leaves us with a pair of Vincents supported by Isegrims, Miraborgs, Mercers, and Nagasawas.  Not sure the Vincents survived, but I do not recall anything specific to them being dead.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
CWiE has no warships anymore.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
So if Wolf in Exile IS on Terra, how do they expect to hold it when they can't even keep arc Royal?

With that Army we were given a glimpse of.

I think it's a neat spin to imagine the RAF vs Wolves artwork we've seen on a couple covers now could be wholly or partially WiE pilots inside the RAF mechs.

to be precise: the passage about the fleet that explicitly says it is Clan never makes clear that WarShips are part of that fleet.  It's a fleet of "Clan vessels".  That easily could mean nothing but JumpShips and DropShips without so much as even a single PWS.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2018, 12:08:34 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Summoner

• Master Sergeant

Well that Torpedos my theory...

Reading the speculation thread I am more convinced now that it could be a Wolf fleet but that may not be the Clan that ends up with Terra.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Warships are so passe . . . its all about dropships with big guns now!

I do love how 'warships cause problems in the setting, so we destroyed a bunch in the Jihad to get rid of them' and now with Shattered Fortress we get orbital strikes (Mad Mal), and plenty of instance of ASF bombing mech & armor concentrations to soften them up for mech assaults.
Colt Ward

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
My bet is on Mallory's World.

Anyone else... it's where Morgan became the key de facto owner of the Kell Hounds, after his brother died and he took over. Remember, he left to join a monastery on Zaniah after that battle.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Foxx Ittal?!?!?

Foxx Ittal is Ilkhan!

My first official act is is to bring back the woodsman, then license it to the sea foxs for dissemination across the sphere.

My real guess is the ravens, I get scared when I haven't heard from them in a while. Kinda like when you're  babysitting and suddenly it goes quiet.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2018, 19:14:32 by Foxx Ital »
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan

My first official act is is to bring back the woodsman, then license it to the sea foxs for dissemination across the sphere.

My real guess is the ravens, I get scared when I haven't heard from them in a while. Kinda like when you're  babysitting and suddenly it goes quiet.

How do you sleep at night with the Chainelanes right above the Dominion then?  ;D

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.

Nothing bad is happening. We're helping  >:D
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
Nothing bad is happening. We're helping  >:D

Suddenly, a recurring line from 8-Bit Theater comes to mind.

"It's LIKE help."
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
We're helping hands.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter

By your command.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Btw . . . for anyone who did not catch it, we find out what happened to Jacob Carns from Bonfire of Worlds.  Jacob Carns was a Warden Wolf sibkin of Verena and both of them were on the bridge before the Wolf Empire kicked off their last offensive against the League.  Alaric offered him the option of joining the Crusaders as a bondsmen or being returned to the Wardens . . .

. . . he was returned to the Wardens, either resumed or gained the post of Star Colonel in charge of the 1st Wolf Legion.  He commanded the Legion and supporting solahma infantry in holding the line at Wolf City as the new Khan gathered everything she could to escape off world.  While the Legion had already been in combat for weeks, they faced the 53rd Falcon Talon and 6th Falcon Striker before Malvina led her Raptor Keshik in to steal the glory from her subordinates.  By the time it was over, only three Legion warriors survived to be taken bondsmen and the two Falcon clusters that had led the way were reduced to a shadow of their former selves.

"Attention First Wolf Legion!  The Falcons killed our Khan, slaughtered our sibkos, and think they can destroy us!  They are wrong!  Our Clan is in retreat, and we must stop those arrogant surats that dare call themselves Jade Falcons from breaking through and claiming more of our Clan.  I have one order:  No Falcon gets past us!"  -Star Colonel Jacob Carns, 1st Wolf Legion, 29 Sept 3146
Colt Ward

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Maybe someone can answer this for me . . .

Longinus C- I know it has Advanced SRM4s (why can that missile system not be one mechs . . . ) but is it built with Clan internal structure or IS?  What gun does it have, or is it a MWM equipped suit?
Colt Ward

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
I think Wolf makes it, aff?

So IS-based Clantech, but no Harjel if memory serves me.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
No Harjel is the fluff I saw on Sarna but I do not have the sheet or a RS for it- from TRO 3150.  If it is Clan internal- despite missing the Harjel- then it should be awesome jumping with that missile pack.  I also cannot find it in MegaMek but I have not updated it since . . . spring?

Reason I ask is it could be like the Surat . . . IS suit with Clan weapons- my fear is its only Clan weapon is the Adv SRM4.  Honestly it should dump the MWM and just slap a AP Gauss on the end . . . a medium suit, going 1/3 with 10 HP, AP Gauss and that A-SRM4 for mechanized work is solid.  I just want it to jump with the missiles.
Colt Ward

SteveRestless

• Major
No such record sheet exists.  ::) None of the good stuff in TRO3150 has a record sheet. And giving them record sheets does not seem to be a priority either. So things like the Longinus C and the Orion C remain something of a mystery. Though, all of the theoretical interpretations of the Orion C that I've run have been monsters.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

SteveRestless

• Major
my belly full of vanquished bird this holiday, I begin to wonder about the nature of the rivalries and alliances the Wolves have with other clans...

I always had the impression that the Falcon rivalry was weighted more to the side of the Falcons, than the Wolves. Going all the way back to them being affronted that the Founder chose Clan Wolf instead of Jade Falcon, and festering ever since. Not to say that the Wolves do not enjoy antagonizing them, but that it was far from their first priority.

On the other hand, I always felt like their beef with the Smoke Jaguars was more intense. Like, if you gave a Wolf Warrior a chance to best a Falcon or a Jaguar, they would choose the Jaguar 9 times out of 10. The Jaguars certainly reciprocated, too.

I recall Cyrilla Ward and Natasha Kerensky fondly remembering bullying Jaguars. Vlad may have considered Marthe a rival, but she was still a suitable coupling partner. I do not recall many Jaguars being willing to socialize with wolves on any level.

Alliances, on the other hand... Well, the Wolves really got left to stand on their own when it came to refusing REVIVAL. Even their allies left them out to dry on that one. Of our allies  the Coyotes always seemed to be our better friends as time went on. I am having a hard time remembering a time the Goliath Scorpions were helpful or friendly to the Wolves past the absorbtion of the Widowmakers. The Coyotes on the other hand were brothers to us even as we departed the homeworlds. They Shared Omnimechs with us, they helped us in moments of need, I even wager that if the home clans ever return to the sphere, that they will be fondly disposed to the Wolf Clan, if anyone is (conversely, I think the Horses are most likely to turn coats and fight alongside the home clans). I somewhat wonder if it was not just our easy handling of our lower castes, but also Coyote good will that limited the impact of the Society upon Clan Wolf, given that the Coyotes and the Society were closely linked.

What do my fellow Wolves think?

Icerose20

• Sergeant
As a Coyote and a Warden, dealing with Vlad's Wolves was interesting.   Considering Vlad was always consolidating power, when the Blakist decided that Tamar need to be cleaned with nuclear fire, the amount of Socitey collaborators was greatly diminished, and more worried about their survival in the IS. 

As for how my clan reacts to the Wolves now, more depends on how the clan, and the rest have changed.  We dont know hwo the remaining HW Clans have developed in the 60+ years, if we ever.

Register