Author Topic: NEW RELEASE: BattleTech Beginner Box and BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat  (Read 106439 times)

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Both of my distributors do not have this in stock...hopefully someone such as Brent will step up & explain the delay.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Both of my distributors do not have this in stock...hopefully someone such as Brent will step up & explain the delay.

“during the week of Dec. 17”

That week’s not over, so it’s not delayed yet.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
stopped by my flgs today to check. they said it's still listed as "coming soon" which means they didn't get it and can't order it. looks like i'll have to wait a month since i refuse to patronize the scalpers on ebay

though i REALLY wanted to buy the complete set of gencon aluminum dice on ebay for $400 as was only prevented from doing so by the fear of being executed mob style by my wife

Gamers Armory took my preorder for it today. But they’re still
Listing it as no release date.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
Gamers Armory took my preorder for it today. But they’re still
Listing it as no release date.

One of my FLGS's was able to take preorders though it also was with no release date as of yet.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
“during the week of Dec. 17”

That week’s not over, so it’s not delayed yet.

Yeah, but if they can’t order today, most game stores aren’t going to be getting it this week.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
My Local FLGs stated he's hoping to have it in tomorrow or Wednesday, and we are here in Vancouver Canada.

I'll post if it comes to pass, but he had all the same info from his distributer as we've heard as well (Basic set December, Armored Combat January)
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
Yeah, but if they can’t order today, most game stores aren’t going to be getting it this week.

That's exactly it. The best that can happen for my shop is if it shows up tomorrow or *maybe* Wednesday. Since I'm off the next two days, I told them to ship my order out on Wednesday so it shows up when I am there so my co-worker doesn't get stuck with the huge number of WizKids Deep Cuts restock skus I have coming in. But it it doesn't show up in the warehouse before then, I won't have it for Christmas.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
I have a solution for everyone . . . we have the covers as pictures.  Hand that file to your wife, she can go print off the picture and put it on a box that will be wrapped up for Christmas.  Of course the tricky ones will just give you the picture- 'What?  Its that art you like!'
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

pheonixstorm

• Major
Nothing more terrifying than a wife glaring at the CC bill then you.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
So what’s the good word? Did anyone happen to see the box at their local FLGS today?
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
So what’s the good word? Did anyone happen to see the box at their local FLGS today?

My guess would be not likely. Both distributors I work with still show them as pre-orders.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Nothing more terrifying than a wife glaring at the CC bill then you.

It wasn't me, ROM is setting me up!
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
Following...

...No official word from my distributors yet.

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

KhanPhelanWard

• Corporal
Have been the boxes shipped?
Don't miss out on my Camospecs miniatures on ebay:

Belle Sorciere

• Private
Been watching the site I preordered from and no sign of the Beginner Box.

kylania

• Recruit
Still nothing, huh?

Dragon41673

• Captain
Nope...still nothing on my end at both distribution points. Although one provided a street date for BOTH as the January 23rd. Per my rep...that's what they heard from Catalyst contrary to the statement Catalyst made saying the Beginner Box Set would be out last week, and even provided an email for said street dates as proof.

I'm waiting for confirmation from Catalyst themselves before I email my customers with another update.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Nope...still nothing on my end at both distribution points. Although one provided a street date for BOTH as the January 23rd. Per my rep...that's what they heard from Catalyst contrary to the statement Catalyst made saying the Beginner Box Set would be out last week, and even provided an email for said street dates as proof.

I'm waiting for confirmation from Catalyst themselves before I email my customers with another update.

Wasn't the earlier date just a small shipment to get it out to few select stores? Seem to recall someone in the New Releases thread saying both boxes weren't going to hit general release and see release on the Catalyst online store till Jan. 23.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Dragon41673

• Captain
Wasn't the earlier date just a small shipment to get it out to few select stores? Seem to recall someone in the New Releases thread saying both boxes weren't going to hit general release and see release on the Catalyst online store till Jan. 23.

I don't see that post...but that was possibly after Catalyst's initial 3rd update which stated the following...

After a week of discussions with that partner company, we can confirm that the Beginner Box has moved into the distribution pipeline and could appear on store shelves as soon as this Friday, Dec. 14, with full availability likely during the week of Dec. 17. This distribution is taking place by special agreement outside the company’s normal ordering and street date schedule, an effort to get the Beginner Box to the public as soon as possible and before the holidays. However, local availability in your area may vary as this unique distribution process unfolds.

Which you can find the whole stated time frames here...

https://bg.battletech.com/news/battletech-boxed-set-update-3-and-shattered-fortress-availability/

It would be nice if we could hear from Brent on this since he is the LD.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
I'd be surprised if the beginner box can be found anywhere right now. You can't even find em at jacked up prices on ebay or amazon

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

SamTheMan321

• Recruit
Oddly enough, both boxes are available right here in Singapore! Picked up my set last week!

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Oddly enough, both boxes are available right here in Singapore! Picked up my set last week!

Funny thing that...not far to travel between Factory and Retailer ;)

Enjoy the Boxes as they are awesome!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

jamesbeil

• Corporal
Any idea when this box will be available in the UK, and who is distributing?

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Let's hope the delays end soon. It'll be nice to see them before the end of January.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Staying out of politics, but could the current government shutdown in the US be affecting delivery?  Limited post office availability, cargo waiting longer for inspection, that sort of thing.  Since Singapore already has both boxes, yet we've seen nothing here, I'm wondering if that might be part of the cause.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
If its at the distributor warehouse, then its already (I think) through those hurdles.  Its also unlikely to be shipped through USPS, but they are still in operation as being quasi-government.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
The USPS is not affected by the shutdown because it is independently funded by its own products and services rather than by federal taxes.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
NP.  Just wondered!
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
The girlfriend said she would learn so I'm counting down the days. Her daughter expressed interest in some of my minis so I may be able to rope her in while she's young ^_^.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Not in Aus yet :(
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register