Author Topic: Uh...hi...  (Read 8092 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Re: Uh...hi...
« Reply #60 on: 15 January 2019, 22:23:59 »
Damn!

I haven't been in the Warrior Hall in years.

Not sure that I want to start that again.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #61 on: 15 January 2019, 22:50:10 »
And who could forget the long-discontinued "Neko in a dress" poll meme?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #62 on: 15 January 2019, 22:59:48 »
IIRC, that was an enforced discontinuation.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #63 on: 15 January 2019, 23:04:39 »
yeah it was a running joke that had run its course and was put out to pasture by the mods

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #64 on: 15 January 2019, 23:35:07 »
Yikes... I think I remember some of those HeroChip "debates" with Cray...  ::)

He still shows up on HMP from time to time. :O Oddly, I haven't interacted with him on FB.  Probably for the better.

(Yes, he has an account, no, I'm not linking to it.)
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 15 January 2019, 23:44:05 »
is this the support group for all the old fossils?
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #66 on: 16 January 2019, 00:32:32 »
Anyone else remember Rage?
I'll do you one better, anyone remember SJW? Me him and rage gave people fits when we would team up.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #67 on: 16 January 2019, 04:27:59 »
is this the support group for all the old fossils?
Apparently so...  ::)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #68 on: 16 January 2019, 11:03:35 »
And there was Danny Frost, as well, the Satanic Hamster. I wonder what ever happened to him....
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #69 on: 16 January 2019, 11:15:03 »
Who was behind the Tides of Goldfish bit from the early 2000’s?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #70 on: 16 January 2019, 16:08:26 »
Who was behind the Tides of Goldfish bit from the early 2000’s?

David "MacAttack" McCollough.  He disappeared ages ago.  Not sure what happened to him.
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 17 January 2019, 06:23:55 »
Apparently so...  ::)

want the scary part? people are still reading (and even reposting) fan-fictions I did on the OLD Battletech boards back around 2002-2005.

which is just...weird as hell.  a lot of the newer stuff is Better than mine.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #72 on: 17 January 2019, 17:20:19 »
Don't sell yourself short... Your stuff is good, and I'm not surprised it's been reposted since.  I won't argue with you about the quality of others' work, but yours belongs here right alongside that newer stuff.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #73 on: 25 January 2019, 20:16:30 »
Second that.  I have a folder with all sorts of great fanfics saved.  There are some really talented writers sharing.

Rage & SJW used to crack me up.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.