Author Topic: Design Requests - NSOC Medium BA  (Read 1794 times)

maxcarrion

• Warrant Officer
Design Requests - NSOC Medium BA
« on: 20 December 2018, 06:27:39 »
The Navy Special Operations Command would like to commission a design for a General Purpose Medium Battle Armour (IS Tech).  Deployed from fast moving WIGE units to strike at objectives with speed and/or stealth the Medium BA will be the main general purpose unit in the strike force.  Operating in squads of 5 the squad must be jump and stealth capable, including at the point of deployment, and have at least some response to infantry, BA, combat vehicle and battlemech targets.  Flexibility is the watchword for these suits as they may be combating large infantry forces in a tight, urban environment or they might be tackling militia combat vehicles on a military airfield.  The Medium BA will likely be the first units to engage and the most numerous unit in any engagement.

More information on the NSOC can be found here https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=63785.0

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Design Requests - NSOC Medium BA
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2018, 12:43:37 »
NSOC Strike BA

IS medium BA
1 ground MP
3 jump MP
Armored glove RA
Battle claw LA
7 points improved stealth armor
LMG RA
SRM1 w/ 7 rounds LA
LTAG Body

AI and AT weapons (plus the option of inferno rounds) and TAG capability. Decent armor, standard mobility.

maxcarrion

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2019, 06:40:46 »
I was thinking this is a somewhat generic suit with stealth armour on but with further thought I realise there's a reason it's generic, this is the flexible stuff that general purpose infantry is made of.  I was a little concerned that the low ground MP would make stealthy infiltration slow but the addition of the Greyhound to the stable helps fill that gap and the decent jump speed makes them hard to hit and very mobile when they can use it. 

I'm a little sad there's no APWM as that means no silenced SMG for quiet kills (beyond claw range) and I don't think medium BA can use infantry weapons like light and PA(L) can but the design is all out of space so I guess it'll have to let the other suits take care of that.

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2019, 07:28:43 »
You only need one armored glove to wield an infantry weapon (even a two-handed one, go figure...), so it's got the popgun covered. :)

Register