Author Topic: Black Knight Clan buster  (Read 380 times)

MoffMalthus

• Recruit
Black Knight Clan buster
« on: 22 April 2024, 17:13:43 »
So I ordered a black knight clan buster the other day and just received it in the mail. Looks pretty good but I was puzzled to see that it has three right arms you can possibly put on but only one has a PPC. Seems odd as almost every variant of the Black knight has a PPC in the right arm. So I decided I would cut the PPC off the one arm as I didn't like the pose of one the PPC was attached too... alas as I have no experience with resin 3d printing I didn't realize it was so brittle and it basically shattered into several pieces. I'm just wondering why they would include two arms with no PPC and basically no way to put one on outside of ordering extra PPC's from IWM or some such thing. 
"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
-Sun Tzu

17thRecon

• Master Sergeant
Re: Black Knight Clan buster
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2024, 21:40:37 »
Odd that you got “arms”; on the Catalyst site, it looks like the sprue just has hands, not full arms. Other than that, I can’t actually answer the question, but I’m sorry your mini got messed up. Also, I’m specifically talking about the Clan Buster offered on the Catalyst store; if there’s another one you purchased from somewhere else, please feel free to totally ignore me 😊

MoffMalthus

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2024, 17:12:52 »
Actually I got it from another well known seller online. Always have legit items... I have also purchased one from the catalyst store so I'll have a look once it comes in and see if its any different.
"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
-Sun Tzu

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2024, 17:31:23 »
Actually I got it from another well known seller online. Always have legit items...

I suggest possibly not, in this case.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

MoffMalthus

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2024, 06:27:16 »
Wow if that's the case I'll ask for a refund. I'll see if there is any difference between the catalyst store and the online store I purched it from.
-Sun Tzu

MoffMalthus

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2024, 04:45:06 »
I got the Black knight clan buster mini from the catalyst store last night. Exact same package and content. So three right arms, one has a PPC on it, the other two have nothing.
-Sun Tzu

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2024, 12:24:35 »
Sounds like it's missing the hand sprue.  Contact the maker for replacement, which would possibly be Creative Juggernaught.
« Last Edit: 27 April 2024, 12:30:06 by Luciora »

Register