Author Topic: A couple of older kitbashes  (Read 1043 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
A couple of older kitbashes
« on: 18 March 2018, 01:13:23 »
These are probably over a decade old now, but caught my eye today. I don't think they ever had their day in the sun (or minis forum), so bad luck, here they are!

First up, the Sun Spider. A Lyran ripoff homage to the Sun Cobra, on a 70 ton Archer-derived chassis with two Gauss Rifles and two ER medium lasers. Apply hypersonic steel watermelons to Clanners until relief is obtained. Cut down DA Spider chassis, arms from DA Phoenix Hawk IICs, and pretty much my only successful application of yellow.

And then the Great White - an unsuccessful Sea Fox design which was beaten out by the Mad Cat Mk II. The Great White featured a LB-10X and paired MPL in each arm, backed by a Gauss Rifle. Plentiful ammo was protected by CASE II, and the design had jump-jets.

Hope someone enjoys seeing these old works!

Cheers,

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: A couple of older kitbashes
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2018, 06:37:54 »
 :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2018, 07:09:04 »
Pretty sweet WT.  :thumbsup:  I'm not familiar with the Mechs though.  Home designs or are they canon units?
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2018, 02:54:44 »
Definitely home designs! What looked good at the time.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2018, 10:43:59 »
I don't know, they still look good to me.   8)  Plus it sounds like they were packing some serious heat.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

chongobongo

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2018, 15:09:16 »
good bashes , love that great white and with fluff .

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2018, 20:57:11 »
look at that clunky monster. beautiful!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2018, 05:23:19 »
sweet!

Register