Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

It is 3052, and Sun-Tsu Liao is preparing for his ascendance to the Chancellorship. Everything is going according to plan, he takes a sip of his plum wine he had served with his Triple-F Triple-Stack quarter-pound patties burger with provolone, chili, romaine lettuce and red onion and fries (no tomatoes)... and starts to choke. Despite his staff attempts to save him, the would-be restorer of the Capellan Confederation dies of an apparent poisoning.

Who killed him? With the Capellan court, the list is endless...
That isn't an extra gun. That is the PPC for the PHX Specials, they made it separate, because the gun sticks up out of the plastic holder, so it wouldn't fit in the box if the gun wasn't made a separate piece. At least that is the only reason I could think of for it being a separate piece.
Couldn't they have just turned it (the 'Mech) to the side?  :huh:  So what if it's "In Profile" in the box, that's one little piece to NOT Possibly get lost. 

I've seen several people in the past post about losing the head to one of the old Unseen Clan 'Mechs.   :undecided:  Want to say it was the Vixen?
Off Topic / Re: What are we Reading Now: Conan the Librarian
« Last post by GRUD on Today at 11:16:40 »
I followed the Warrior Trilogy with Wolves on the Border, which is still IMO one of the best BT novels ever written, and am now making a start on Heir to the Dragon, which I have not read before and for some reason had assumed was a Dark Age book. I'm only a few chapters in, but I'm enjoying it so far.
When I started playing BT in '86, the group I was with (86-92) rotated through various RPGs, and eventually 1 guy started a 1st Ed. MW RPG. We had to write up some "Background" for our characters, which was difficult as I had NONE of the few books available at the time. Somehow I read about the Kentares Massacre though, and House Kurita's "Death to Mercenaries" edict, which was important to US since we were creating a new Merc unit.  :grin:  Seems like we started in 3027?  Anyway, I HATED House Kurita.   :cussing:

I cooled a little towards them after reading the short story in the original Shrapnel, I think about Theodore Kurita?  Then Wolves on the Border and Heir to the Dragon served to strip my Hate away.  :grin:  (I've since been able to get ALL FOUR of my novels by Charrette autographed by him!  :smilie_happy_thumbup: )

Still not "Fans" of them, but I'm "OK" with them at least.  :smilie_happy_thumbup:

At least they're not House Liao!   :tongue:   :grin:
Off Topic / Farwell Agent Jack Flack
« Last post by DOC_Agren on Today at 11:14:49 »
I will be honest and say this role and Franklin Hart, Jr from 9 to 5 are what roles I will always think of Dabney Coleman.

I will say it..  "Jack Flack always escapes"
Off Topic / Re: What did you just eat?
« Last post by Sapphirus on Today at 11:13:27 »
Eating waffles right now
Challenges and Gatherings / Re: Battletech Long Island III
« Last post by shadhawk on Today at 11:12:44 »
Kiah picked up her com and dialed Gunther’s office. When the com was answered with a grumble Kiah smiled.
“Gunther, can you and Everett come to the office I want to discuss the progress report of Yolanda Jackson and I want to get feedback on something I am planning.
“I’ll grab Everett and be there in half an hour.”
“Good, I will order lunch for all of us we can do a working lunch.”
“Sounds Good.”

Kiah dialed the common kitchen. “Please have a lunch for three delivered to my office in 30.” She waited for the confirmation and then hung up. She was on her own for the day since her assistant was in the infirmary for a few days due to a stupid training injury.

Gunther and Everett walked into the office as the food was being unpacked onto the bar. Kiah looked up from her computer.

“Help yourself to food and pour me mead as well I’ll be over in a minute.” Kiah said. She stood up and crossed to the printer picked up the pile of papers and came to the table.

“okay so we have a wonderful opportunity for some of our youngsters to get some much needed experience.” She handed out the documents. We will be providing security for one of the plants the reports here show the kids that are getting the highest scores in the simulators, school and also the recommendations or their instructors and the drill sergeants and trainers.”

“Wait you want to send A bunch of kids to protect one of the planets plants?” Everett said is disbelief looking though his set of documents.

“Well they won’t be going all alone, I will be sending Leaf and Laz with them.” Kiah said.

“That makes sense Leaf being a medic and her husband Laz a communication’s Tech, but I am surprised they agreed to be the den parents.” .Gunther took a bite of his food.

“Well Leaf and Laz  have been working with the kids and I am hoping that the team we send will form into a solid team and family unit. It will be good for the kids as well they have very high scores and these kids have displayed maturity.”

Gunther looked up from the list “Kiah the age of these Kids you want to put into mechs are just that kids.”

“I was going out on patrols when I was nine, the Unger twins are 11, jenny Cruise is 15 and Linda Chang is 12. They have all scored in high percentiles it all tests and they have all informed the instructors of interest to be a warrior. Why shouldn’t these recued children we have taken in be given the same opportunities are born to us children?” Kiah filled her plate as she spoke.

“Of course they should but they are greener then dirt.” Everett said.

“And this will give them experience.” Kiah pointed out.

“And the equipment they will be taking? “ Everett asked.

“That is the beauty of it we will get assistance in repairing the mechs we put them in which will free up our costs.” Kiah nodded at the reports as she eat. “I was thinking of putting Linda Chang into the Battle Master. Jenny Cruise into the Griffin, Rita Unger into the firefly and her twin brother Harry into the Shadow Hawk. I am also going to send Yolanda Jackson to be the Logistics officer for them, Since she has been training with both of you it will be easy for her to coordinate with you both to keep the unit stocked and supplied. “

“So they will still be part of us then?” Gunther said.

“Yes they will be, they will just be lent out to the plant. The deal we are brokering will allow them to still claim us as their clan and will also affiliate them to star fall as citizens of it.” Kiah sat back.

Checking his notes from when he gave Kiah his recommendations for what units would be on line the fastest. “Kiah the Shadow Hawk is one of the units that will need the most time to bring back on line. She has a lot of damage plus some of the parts will need to come from Davion space. With all that is going on that will take some doing and time. The Banshee or Dervish would be better choices. The Banshee will be on line faster. I know this will be a sore spot but your Wolverine is on line. Giving these kids two Assaults is not a great idea and the Dervish is a missile boat and the ammo costs will be a factor. I can try and push the Wraith up. Cost for getting some of the needed parts will be a factor but it can be done.”
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Clan Smoke Jaguar Alpha Galaxy Elementals
« Last post by Wolf72 on Today at 11:09:16 »
:smilie_happy_thumbup:
Atlas II gets 3 full cards, Nick, Devlin, and Aaron DeChavilier.

That last card might be particularly useful over in the Empires Aflame setting...
I know I am a little late on this.  Are you going to be having anymore Battletech games going in the future?  I live SW of Joliet in the Channahion area and looking for a local Battletech group.
Novel and Sourcebook Reviews / Re: Without Question
« Last post by JAMES_PRYDE on Today at 10:41:55 »
Thanks for the response  :cool:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10