Author Topic: Megamech Universal Stories (That is, not alot is talked about in 3067)  (Read 1229 times)

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
When i started playing megamech a couple years ago with 46.0, i asked about the news events that prompt (and learned about the Universe file, the best program used to edit it, etc) during daily events. Since that time... i've gone through all of my Jihad source books and added as much content as i could (examples below)

<newsItem>
      <headline>FCCW MEDAL STATUES TO BE ISSUED TO AFFECTED COMMANDS BY END OF APRIL, PER SOURCES</headline>
      <date>3067-04-28</date>
      <desc><![CDATA[Tharkad and New Avalon officials are signed off on the design and criteria to wear The Federated Commonwealth Civil War Medal... READ MORE in My Head]]></desc>
      <service>INN</service>
      <location>Donegal</location>
   </newsItem>
   <newsItem>
      <headline>OUR HEROES RETURN!</headline>
      <date>3067-05-17</date>
      <desc><![CDATA[Elements of the New Aragon Militia returned today after spending two months raiding into Capellan space... READ MORE in DotJ Pg. 104]]></desc>
      <service>FSNS</service>
      <location>New Aragon</location>
   </newsItem>
   <newsItem>
      <headline> PETER STEINER-DAVION RATIFIED BY ESTATES GENERAL AS ARCHON. Big woop...</headline>
      <date>3067-05-18</date>
      <desc><![CDATA[On the 24th of April, last month.. READ MORE in DotJ Pg. 104]]></desc>
      <service>FWNA</service>
      <location>Freedom</location>
   </newsItem>
   <newsItem>
      <headline>TREATY OF TUKAYYID EXPIRES No major movement along the Clan OZ</headline>
      <date>3067-05-21</date>
      <desc><![CDATA[ERROR… ERROR]]></desc>
      <service>INN</service>
      <location>Tukayyid</location>
    </newsItem>

Now as the topic header suggests, not a lot seems to happen in 3067 in The News. On the basic default version of Newsfile, i added first what official occurrences was noted in official source books (either in the Jihad style or as best be typed from previous before Catalyst source books like The two Operation: and FCCW Sourcebooks, specifically but also the various FMs) plus entries from BT Wiki's 3067 page (examples below)

<newsItem>
      <headline>LUTHIEN ARMOR WORKS TO START BUILDING K-SERIES HEAVY DUTY GYROSCOPES FOR DCMS, FWL BY SUMMER 3067</headline>
      <date>3067-03-01</date>
      <desc><![CDATA[SYTEM ERROR 0404]]></desc>
      <service>MercNet</service>
      <location>Luthien</location>
   </newsItem>
   <newsItem>
      <headline>INTO THE FRAY! GENERAL NONDI STEINER REPORTED TO BE LEADING HER TROOPS... </headline><!-- Source: BATTLETECH FEDCOM CIVIL WAR -->
      <date>3067-03-23</date>
      <desc><![CDATA[<p>SYSTEM ERROR 0404 READ more in FEDCOM CIVIL WAR Pg 176</p>]]></desc>
      <service>ISAP</service>
      <location>Tharkad</location>
   </newsItem>
   <newsItem>
      <headline>MAKING **IT HAPPEN! EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH BATTLE MAGIC LEADERSHIP! "WHAT IS A MML?" </headline><!-- Source: Sarna BTW -->
      <date>3067-03-26</date>
      <desc><![CDATA[<p>SYSTEM ERROR 0404 READ more on Sarna BTW</p>]]></desc>
      <service>MercNet</service>
      <location>Outreach</location>
   </newsItem>

So my request task to you, the reader, is simple:

I would like some fluffy, maybe short, maybe long, REACTION commentary to the End of the FCCW. Anything from the end of April until maybe Sept (as there is already enough going on from the Jihad Sourcebooks as is)

Mods: If this would be more appropriate to Megamech's child page, you may move it, if required. Derpy.
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
I guess, maybe if i start... perhaps ideas will come forth? (I liberally plagiarized from a google found message dealing with the National Defense Medal, for the format. For those who actually know how to read actual service messages, critical explanations and advice is appreciated. I was a AS in the Navy, not a YN)

R 093501Z Jul 67
FM AFFS MILPERS NEW AVALON (uc)
TO AL FEDSUNADMIN (uc)
AFFSADMIN
BT
UNCLASSIFIED
AFFSADMIN 1003/03
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC NEW AVALON/MM//
SUBJ/AUTHORIZATION TO WEAR THE FEDERATED COMMONWEALTH CIVIL WAR MEDAL (FCCWM) ELIGIBILITY
//
REF/A/HPG MSG/ARCHON EXECUTIVE ORDER/06JUL67/-NOTAL//
REF/B/LTR/FIRST PRINCE EXECUTIVE ORDER/07JUL67/NOTAL//
REF/C/DOC/AFFSSEC /05JUN3067//
NARR/REF A IS HPG MESSAGE FROM ARCHON PETER STEINER~DAVION TO REGENT YVONNE STEINER-DAVION PERTAINING TO FINALIZING FCCWM ELIGIBILITY. REF B IS INTERNAL DIRECTIVE PURSUANT TO REF A. REF C IS AFFSINST 1650.1Q (UNDER REVIEW), ARMED FORCES OF THE FEDERATED COMMONWEALTH (NEE~SUNS) AWARDS AND HONORS MANUAL.//
POC/C. A. MERCAL/MR/HQFS MMMA/-/TEL:2-101 6574-0006
/HYPER:CLARIONMERCAL@MANPOWER.AFFS.MIL//
GENTEX/REMARKS/1. PER REF B, REF C IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW TO ALLOW SERVICE MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING TO WEAR THE AGREED UPON ARMED FORCES OF THE FEDERATED COMMONWEALTH CIVIL WAR MEDAL (FCCWM), EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.
2. ELLIGIBILITY WILL REMAIN AS PREVIOUSLY AGREED UPON BY FIRST PRINCESS REGENT AND ARCHON (XJUN3062-24MAY3067) AND WILL BE INCORPORATED IN REF C AT THE COMPLETION OF CURRENT REVIEW.
3. ANY QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO THE ELIGIBILTIY OF THE FCCWM SHOULD ADDRESSED TO CMC HOMEWORLD (MMMA)

--Excerpted from game chat server, Smurf Bondage 3067 (New Avalon), dated 15Jul 3067

Frizbyboi6969: So who’s gonna wear that ribbon proudly?

Turtlebaywasainsidejob!!!: I have to figure out if I’m allowed. That term ‘Good Standing’ is a 4-bladed sword. Should we wear gold or sapphire stars to show loyalty?

MOOSEISSQUIRRIL455HT5: Considering how many 'Longevity' awards I earned (and no Good Cookie Medals?) for being in the AFFC & AFFS, we should wear what ever the [CENSORED: Come On! That's a bad word!] you want...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.