Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.45.4 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 23911 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hi Everyone,
Next release in this development cycle.  While it’s been a bit since our last release, we and our contributors have been steady at it.  This development cycle will continue to focus on MegaMekLab and its features.  The big one – Printing Jumpships, Warships, Space Station record sheets. This means MegaMekLab can print nearly all unit types.

**FOR MAC USERS**
There isn't a Mac release and you'll have to use the Unix release. We are having issues with the Gradle packaging scripts and various security settings in MacOS.  We are working on the issue and have no ETA for a fix.

Megamek.
mkerensky continues to work on improving the Aerospace part of Megamek. With the return of Aero Sanity 2.0 hopefully less buggy than before (Warning - still a use at your own risk). As a cross over into MekHQ the post battle handling of damage for squadrons is improved. On a data note, while we not something we’ll do everyday, we’ve had numerous requests to add the Fan Council TROs 3048/3062/3063. So they’ve been added as unofficial units.

MegaMekLab.
As you can see in the release notes lots of bug fixes, and features around printing Record Sheets. Including a new options menu. The first steps in a “Omni-Sheet”.  Also we’ve implemented some improvements to building large craft.

MekHQ.
Lots of bug fixes (including a fix for the special mission bug) and some Quality of life stuff. Best to look at the list below.  There is also a new “How to AtB” manual in the docs folder. Thanks to the folks on Discord for sharing and CampaignAnon for writing it.

Also a reminder to drop into the Slack channel to meet other players and harass the devs that drop in and out. 

As a reminder when moving between versions:
1)   Make backups of your campaigns and customs.
2)   Always treat each release as a stand alone release and only copy your data forward from older versions.

There is a good chance you’ll have issues in MekHQ with unit name changes.  If you get errors loading your campaign as result of unit name errors please see this post.
Name Issues with units
The change log below lists all the changes in this release from the previous stable.

CHANGE LOGS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS
Megamek.
Download Here

Code: [Select]
PR #1250: Disallow loading trailers during deployment
Data: New Sprites and Unit fixes.
PR #1258: Aero Sanity 2.0! Fixes a number of reporting bugs and adds full support for Advanced Point Defense,
Glancing/Direct blows, S2S nuclear weapons and Bearings-Only Capital Missiles
Issue #1272: Clan BA SRM missing Multi-Purpose Missiles
Data: New Sprites and New Units.
Issue #1256: Magna Laser Rifle has range 0 instead of 2
Data: Fixing broken Protomeks in some RATs
PR #1278: Fix a soft-lock that would occur when using double-blind and the previous round's target would leave a unit's LOS
Issue #587 PR #1273: Fixes for Post-Battle Handling of Capital Fighters.
PR #1280: Add proper labels for host dialog controls (Accessibility Support)
PR #1283: Rocket Launcher 1 through 5 turrets now have valid weapons
PR #1264: [Feature] Wind direction can now be set in the lobby
Issue #1095: [Errata] TAG now spots for indirect fire as well.
PR #1304: Don't overflow the primary monitor with MM splash screen.
Issue #1259: Extended Torso Twist Quirk not applying to Quads
Data: New Sprites
Data: Adding Fan Council TROs 3048/3062/3063 by popular request.

MegaMekLab.
Download Here
Fixed vehicle and aero slot calculations for patchwork armor.
Issue #202: Clan Improved Autocannon 20 has no standard ammunition
Issue #249: Warship Validation error
Issue #247: Patchwork Armour Broken on Vehicles
Issue #250: Armouring Split Components Shows and Counts Incorrect Tonnage
Issue #254: Second Printed Vee Name in All Caps
Issue #252: Heat Sink pips not printing properly
Issue #260: Some issue to allocate the components of LAM
Issue #261: LAM's motive type doesn't change the weight of its conversion equipment.
Issue #7: Pilot name printing on RSs
Issue #271: Bug of interaction with Partial Wing, Improved Jump Jet and Hardened Armor
PR #262: Add buttons to clone aerospace side locations.
PR #273: Advanced aerospace record sheet printing
Issue #272: Modular Armor effectively prevents to put Jump Jet
Issue #267: Dropship armor values calculating and auto-allocating incorrectly
Issue #276: Auto allocate skips advanced aerospace side rear locations

MekHQ:
Download Here
PR #1067: Switch to Joda Money library internally for financial math
Issue #1057: Don't allow Rotor damage to go negative or use negative damages
Issue #1085: Find different replacement part if original missing or has a new ID
Issue #1076: Address bug in Personnel Market where GM Add still costs money and add GM Hire Full Complement
PR #1084: Save user preferences for UI settings such as window sizes and positions, et al
Issue #1082: Fix issue preventing creation of new AtB contract
Issue #1086: Fix issue introduced in 45.3 preventing "special" AtB scenarios from starting
Issue #1106: Fix issue introduced in 45.3 preventing AtB scenarios containing aircraft from starting under some conditions
Issue #112: Adds mission log and counter for personnel
Issue #1115: Fix stack overflow in BattleArmorSuit::getTonnage
Issue #1116: [Feature] Show people's Bloodnames in "Fluff" filter on personnel tab
Issue #1125, #1127: Fix issues with loading units containing damaged AMS and MASC systems.
Issue #1109: Fix issue where damaged equipment can be restored with a reload
Issue #713: Fix incorrect reporting of training munitions/fuel costs, minor performance improvement on monthly rollover
PR #1136: Don't expand/contract tab panels on right double click (Mac OS X improvement)
PR #1143: In Repair tab -> Acquisitions, user can once again click 'Order One' more than once
Adding CampaignAnon AtB Instruction guide (very good for new players) - See AtB Stuff folder in Docs.
Issue #1144: fix bug where bondsmen could not be recruited
Issue #1148: fix bug where loan could not be paid off
Issue #1150: fix bug introduced in 45.3 preventing AtB scenarios reinforced by immobile player units from starting
Issue #1138: fix NPE in isOmniPodded check for AmmoBin's after refit

Enjoy everyone.

« Last Edit: 13 August 2019, 09:32:37 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
Yay!  :D  Thanks for all the work you guys do on this.  Aside from actual in-person games, it's my favorite way to play Battletech.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Thank you all very much!!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Hah, is this normally stickied? I didn't notice it! Thanks very much!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hah, is this normally stickied? I didn't notice it! Thanks very much!

Doing something new. The admins and mods where gracious enough to let us sticky the new releases.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
This is a good plan since the newest release doesn’t always get the most traffic.

Unsure when the faction-specific tech access was added but I dig it

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
This is a good plan since the newest release doesn’t always get the most traffic.

Unsure when the faction-specific tech access was added but I dig it

That was added as part of the IO tech progression last year.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
I remember seeing it previewed a while back but never noticed the option until yesterday

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
I think there might be an issue with BV calculations....

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I think there might be an issue with BV calculations....

Best to open a bug report on the trackers.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
I figured out the BV issue. Good news is that it's only a display issue. To get the actual BV, just divide the displayed BV by the number of units in that bot force.

Or just check it out in Megamek instead. It'll be fixed in the next release.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
Nice, but I'm almost disappointed.  It's humorous seeing these outrageous BVs.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Am seeing no turrets in my base defence missions, a shame since they#d just started working. Have submitted a bug report

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Just finished a chase mission where I was the defender and there was a princess controlled Blackjack ally which was just fine after the mission, however the lost screen was just the word lost in the dead center of the screen with no blackjack mentioned or check box to mark if it was destroyed. 

Screen shot attached. 

Anyone else had this? 

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Just finished a chase mission where I was the defender and there was a princess controlled Blackjack ally which was just fine after the mission, however the lost screen was just the word lost in the dead center of the screen with no blackjack mentioned or check box to mark if it was destroyed. 

Screen shot attached. 

Anyone else had this?

We would need to see the logs to start trouble shooting.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
We would need to see the logs to start trouble shooting.

Double check me which logs do you want?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Best to give us both the megameklog.txt and mekhqlog.txt
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
The log folder is attached
Let me know if you need more stuff or the customs folder. 

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Just ran into another one. 

Attacker on an extraction raid.  Trying to rescue the civilians. 

A customized Black Knight is given the option to use it's TAG even though I am fairly sure I have no units that can benefit from it. 

However in the fire phase (screen shot attached) The black knight has a +1 to hit penalty for spotting for indirect fire. 

I am pretty sure that is new, and incorrect.     

Did I miss an errata and a change or is the code doing something backwards?

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
The TAG thing is based on errata, where TAG provides spotting for any kind of indirect-fire (although it counts as the unit's one spot).

However, the +1 penalty for spotting during the fire phase is probably incorrect if you use TAG to spot.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
However, the +1 penalty for spotting during the fire phase is probably incorrect if you use TAG to spot.

Is it reproducible?  Do you need logs or customs from me?  Do you want me to open a bug report?

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Still testing to be sure but I had a VTOL spot for LRMs and also fire it's machine guns at a target. 

Like normal it did not show any adjustment for spotting and I <b>think</b> the to hit roll was an 8. 
When I looked at it's shot the to hit roll was a 9. 

I am not sure from your last post if just being a spotter (non TAG) incurs a +1 to hit penalty due to the new errata, but that was not my understanding. 

I'll keep my eye out for this so I can screen shot it if it reoccurs but unless there is supposed to be a +1 to hit for spotting I think we have a bug to hunt. 

Let me know if anyone can reproduce this on their own.   

nroe03742

• Master Sergeant
I am having a problem with MegaMekLab version 0.45.4 in windows.

the problem is that it will not calculate the cost of my unit correctly after I have changed the tonnage of my unit and I have made the changes that are needed to meet the new weight limit. the Columbia Class Carrier MK I is the unit that I am changing and it gives me a cost of 28,128,175,120 C-bills. the Columbia Class Carrier MK II is the changed unit and currently it gives me a cost of -1,071,574,880 C-bills. both files are attached I have also included the text version of the files.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME IF IT IS SOMETHING THAT I AM DOING WRONG OR IF THIS REALLY IS A BUG

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I am having a problem with MegaMekLab version 0.45.4 in windows.

the problem is that it will not calculate the cost of my unit correctly after I have changed the tonnage of my unit and I have made the changes that are needed to meet the new weight limit. the Columbia Class Carrier MK I is the unit that I am changing and it gives me a cost of 28,128,175,120 C-bills. the Columbia Class Carrier MK II is the changed unit and currently it gives me a cost of -1,071,574,880 C-bills. both files are attached I have also included the text version of the files.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME IF IT IS SOMETHING THAT I AM DOING WRONG OR IF THIS REALLY IS A BUG

I've open a bug report here and you can monitor it.
https://github.com/MegaMek/megameklab/issues/283

Does the issue duplicate if you restart MML and make reload the units.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

nroe03742

• Master Sergeant
yes it does repeat when I reload the file
« Last Edit: 05 April 2019, 17:11:04 by nroe03742 »

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
In the new version it seems like HQ displays the Map sizes as too small and kinda random, while when entering into MegaMek the maps are correct. 

This might be related to the BV display issue, I'm not sure.

Crl1981

• Recruit
I'm having issues with this build.

I started a new game with the build and whenever I try to click on a mech unit the entire game freezes up and will not display the unit.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I'm having issues with this build.

I started a new game with the build and whenever I try to click on a mech unit the entire game freezes up and will not display the unit.
We would need to see the log files.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

VhenRa

• Captain
Shouldn't primitive dropships be having their SI provided armor multiplied by .66 as well?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Nice, i'm got to download this. I missed when you guys posted it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Crl1981

• Recruit
We would need to see the log files.

Not sure what log files there would be I am stuck on day 1.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Not sure what log files there would be I am stuck on day 1.
The log files will often write errors.  if you post MekHQlog.txt, and Megameklog.txt we can have a look.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Crl1981

• Recruit
Alright it looks like I got a corrupted .zip file.  I figured it out, thanks I can't wait to get into this new build!

Groggy1

• Private
I'm encountering a rare and random error. Occasionally when the personnel market rolls a mechwarrior with a mech, I'm unable to click on the person to see their info. I can hire the person if I wish, but I can't get a look at their skills and such (other than the green/reg/vet/elite status in the info line).

This is only with mechwarriors WITH mechs, and does not seem to happen else.
Respect the Meatcannon!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I'm encountering a rare and random error. Occasionally when the personnel market rolls a mechwarrior with a mech, I'm unable to click on the person to see their info. I can hire the person if I wish, but I can't get a look at their skills and such (other than the green/reg/vet/elite status in the info line).

This is only with mechwarriors WITH mechs, and does not seem to happen else.
Known bug and will be fixed for the next release.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
I just noticed a typo in the event script.  It doesn't occur when the mech is a total loss, however.

Ostsol OTL-4D has been recovered. 

8,515 C-Bill in bbattle loss compensation (parts) for Ostsol OTL-4D has been credited to your account. 

Zeus ZEU-6S has been recovered. 

10,113 C-Bill in bbattle loss compensation (parts) for Zeus ZEU-6S has been credited to your account. 

Dragon DRG-1N has been recovered. 

10,863 C-Bill in bbattle loss compensation (parts) for Dragon DRG-1N has been credited to your account. 

Warhammer WHM-6L has been recovered. 

11,690 C-Bill in bbattle loss compensation (parts) for Warhammer WHM-6L has been credited to your account. 

3,049,716 C-Bill in battle loss compensation for Scorpion SCP-1N has been credited to your account.

Scorpion SCP-1N has been removed from the unit roster.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
It looks like the limits on ordering stuff based on how many admins you have isn't working in this release.  It sure seems to let me order all the ammo and heat sinks I want in a single day without running out of how much I can order.  It might need to be looked at. 

Also still running into issues of trying to refit/customize stuff where it never starts to refit. 
Would a right click option on light blue units to see why refitting hasn't started be a reasonable feature in the future?

Groggy1

• Private
Also still running into issues of trying to refit/customize stuff where it never starts to refit. 
Would a right click option on light blue units to see why refitting hasn't started be a reasonable feature in the future?

There's a hangup I've also noticed on refits. A work-around is to cancel the refit, then start it again (choosing the new model from the "choose refit kit" option). This seems to only happen to me when I refit a unit in the MMHQ little meklab tab.
Respect the Meatcannon!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
There's a hangup I've also noticed on refits. A work-around is to cancel the refit, then start it again (choosing the new model from the "choose refit kit" option). This seems to only happen to me when I refit a unit in the MMHQ little meklab tab.
Best to open this on the bug tracker.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
this is a very niche scenario, but in MML if you have a clan base mixed-tech unit, you can't choose inner sphere FF armor. IS primitive armor is an option, but not FF.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
this is a very niche scenario, but in MML if you have a clan base mixed-tech unit, you can't choose inner sphere FF armor. IS primitive armor is an option, but not FF.
Best to Open a bug report on the MegamekLab tracker. Link in my sig.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
done

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Anyone else having missile bins show up as needing to be ordered when repairing, then when you click order it orders some missiles, which doesn't remove the need for a missile bin?

ajac

• Private
Megameklab buck can only seem to be able to add one dropship ring to a jumpship no matter the size of it.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Not sure I am understanding how the bot's newfound love for artillery works

Weapons fire for Cyclops CP-11-C2 (Princess)
    C3 Computer [Master] at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits, target tagged.

C3 Computer [Master] at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits, target tagged.

Weapons fire for Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank (Standard) (Princess)
    Arrow IV at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); , but the shot is impossible (no tag in 8 hex radius of target hex)

Weapons fire for Marksman Artillery Vehicle (Light PPC) (Princess)
    Sniper at Hex: 3233 (Artillery)needs 8, rolls 7 : misses and scatters to hex 3333.
        Hex 3333: terrain takes 40 damage.
        Hex 3332: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3432: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3433: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3334: terrain takes 20 damage.

Weapons fire for Marksman Artillery Vehicle (Light PPC) #2 (Princess)
    Sniper at Hex: 3233 (Artillery)needs 11, rolls 3 : misses and scatters to hex 2437.

Weapons fire for Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank (Standard) #2 (Princess)
    Arrow IV at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); , but the shot is impossible (no tag in 8 hex radius of target hex) 

Obviously the Phoenix Hawk is tagged but somehow the Arrows that are fired at it think that the shot is impossible because there isn't a tag close enough? 
This doesn't make sense.  Is this a bug or expected behavior?

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Not sure I am understanding how the bot's newfound love for artillery works

Weapons fire for Cyclops CP-11-C2 (Princess)
    C3 Computer [Master] at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits, target tagged.

C3 Computer [Master] at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits, target tagged.

Weapons fire for Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank (Standard) (Princess)

Weapons fire for Marksman Artillery Vehicle (Light PPC) (Princess)
    Sniper at Hex: 3233 (Artillery)needs 8, rolls 7 : misses and scatters to hex 3333.
        Hex 3333: terrain takes 40 damage.
        Hex 3332: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3432: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3433: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3334: terrain takes 20 damage.

Weapons fire for Marksman Artillery Vehicle (Light PPC) #2 (Princess)
    Sniper at Hex: 3233 (Artillery)needs 11, rolls 3 : misses and scatters to hex 2437.

Weapons fire for Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank (Standard) #2 (Princess)

Obviously the Phoenix Hawk is tagged but somehow the Arrows that are fired at it think that the shot is impossible because there isn't a tag close enough? 
This doesn't make sense.  Is this a bug or expected behavior?

Not so much the TAG, but where the artillery piece aimed the Arrow IV Homing Missile to hit. If it aims the Arrow IV Homing Missile at your occupied hex directly, then you move 9 hexes, you will get that message. If it takes 1 turn for a round to land, you get 2 movement phases before it lands. Artillery is fired before the movement phase, but lands after all units have moved.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2019, 22:18:35 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
I have the option that vees only count for half their weight turned on, but on the TO&E they are still shown with their full weight when I add them to a lance. Does the game still count my 210t lance as medium though?

HerrFlex

• Recruit
It'll count it as a light, even, provided it's made up of vehicles only(is what i quickly threw in to check) so i'm guessing it works fine.

You can see this in the Briefing Room tab.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Question from a user relatively familiar with MegaMek but completely unfamiliar with art assets: is there any way to get a 'Mech sprite .png with camo applied to it already instead of white from the files?  Or a way to apply camo to one of the white bases?  The sprites would be exceptionally useful for a project I'm working on but having to actually use them in MegaMek would cause a lot of problems.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
It'll count it as a light, even, provided it's made up of vehicles only(is what i quickly threw in to check) so i'm guessing it works fine.

You can see this in the Briefing Room tab.

Thanks, I forgot about the briefing room weight display!

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist

Question: How do I add more operators/drones to the Drone Remote Carrier System?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
It's been a while since I've taken a look at Megamek, but I noticed in the last release that Princess was enabled to unjam RACs.
That said...how do I get Princess to fire RACs at a higher rate of fire in the first place?
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
Heh, now that you mention it, she probably doesn't have that capability.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
The Hercules Mech seems to have the picture of the dropship.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
I do have some hazzles opening some dialogues in MHQ with rightklick. It took me a while to find out that I have to enlarge the windows like the maintainance reports, etc. Unfortunatly, I can't open the Dialogue to edit financial transactions when selling equipment to the various markets (I play AtB).
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Padraig Tseng

• Sergeant
Probably user error, but I cant seem to export any files using the export function in MHQ...the windows explorer pops up asking where to save the file but it doesn't seem to actually generate a file that I can find.
So the Ghost Bear says "Tell me the truth, you don't come here for the hunting, do you?"

SteveRestless

• Major
In older versions, ASF could see pretty much everything in a double-blind game. now, they're blind as bats. Is this intentional, or a bug?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Question from a user relatively familiar with MegaMek but completely unfamiliar with art assets: is there any way to get a 'Mech sprite .png with camo applied to it already instead of white from the files?  Or a way to apply camo to one of the white bases?  The sprites would be exceptionally useful for a project I'm working on but having to actually use them in MegaMek would cause a lot of problems.

Hi,  The only way I've seen it done was in GIMP.  We had an artist a few years back set the sprite as a base layer in GIMP then dropped the camo layer over it.  Sorry can't be more help.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Konig-Wolf

• Corporal
  • The Lion of Silesia...ready to roar.
Hello,

A question for MegaMekLab 0.45.4; is Improved C3 (c3i) available as a piece of Other Equipment for BattleMechs and Combat Vehicles? All the other variations of C3 are in MegaMekLab, but C3i is not. Am I looking in the wrong spot or doing something wrong? Please let me know. Thank you.
-Jeff "König-Wolf" James

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
I think it’s listed as improved c3 rather than c3i

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hello,

A question for MegaMekLab 0.45.4; is Improved C3 (c3i) available as a piece of Other Equipment for BattleMechs and Combat Vehicles? All the other variations of C3 are in MegaMekLab, but C3i is not. Am I looking in the wrong spot or doing something wrong? Please let me know. Thank you.

C3I also has some pretty restrictive years and tech levels.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Konig-Wolf

• Corporal
  • The Lion of Silesia...ready to roar.
C3I also has some pretty restrictive years and tech levels.

Ah, that explains it...I had the year default set to 3145. I'll have to work around that for my setting then. Thank you for the response.
-Jeff "König-Wolf" James

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
There''s a tab in the configuration dialog (File > Configuration) that gives you some control over how the tech progression affects availability, including ignoring extinction dates.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I thought there were left over units still had the C3i in them by 3145. Like in some models of the  Locust.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
Extinction refers to manufacturing status. Just because the C3i hadn't been manufactured in several decades doesn't mean there aren't some still floating around.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
I can't find any extinction date for C3i, where are you getting that from?

Additionally does MM support the Campaign Ops Force building rules?

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
I can't find any extinction date for C3i, where are you getting that from?
From the master tech advancement table in Interstellar Operations.
Additionally does MM support the Campaign Ops Force building rules?
A number of people have exprested interest in doing a new unit creation wizard for MekHQ, but nobody has taken time to do it yet.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
A number of people have exprested interest in doing a new unit creation wizard for MekHQ, but nobody has taken time to do it yet.
This wouldn't be MekHQ thing, it would be MegaMek thing, or at least a MegaMek thing first. First step would adding force structure to MegaMek, that is the ability to group a players units into Lances. The next bit is I think already done, or largely so, add in the SPA's. Next is to add the ability to assign the SPA's to the Lance and not the unit, and move them around between units within a Lance from turn to turn. Finally add checking conditions for Lance types.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
The formation building rules have been implemented to the point of being able to check which formation types a group of units would qualify for and random generation of a given formation type. Grouping units and using the formation SPAs is still on the widsh list.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Is variable range targeting a functional quirk at the moment? And if so, how do you change the range band it's focused on?

dgorsman

• Captain
Minor bug: I'm seeing "... bbattle loss compensation..." in the feedback window.

I'm also not seeing a way to reload field gun infantry.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
OK, this bug is fairly major, you can't build a JS or WS with more one docking collar in MML

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Minor bug: I'm seeing "... bbattle loss compensation..." in the feedback window.

I'm also not seeing a way to reload field gun infantry.

When I tried to use Field Guns they showed up in the Repair tab to be reloaded, but did not disappear or use up ammo when trying to reload them. Though after I was done doing that I saved, closed, and then reloaded MekHQ they would disappear from the Repair tab and be reloaded.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2019, 11:18:16 by Stormforge »

dgorsman

• Captain
For me, they show up in the repair list, but there's no option of selecting a tech, and the start button remains greyed out.  They stay unloaded regardless of a game reload.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
My bad, I remembered that wrong. I used the GM Mode Complete Task in the Repair Bay to reload them, and they would disappear from the tab on reload of MekHQ.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2019, 15:18:48 by Stormforge »

pixelgeek

• Master Sergeant
    • My blog
There isn't a Mac release and you'll have to use the Unix release. We are having issues with the Gradle packaging scripts and various security settings in MacOS.  We are working on the issue and have no ETA for a fix.

Is this the reason why you can't access the PDF options in the Print dialog?

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
For me, they show up in the repair list, but there's no option of selecting a tech, and the start button remains greyed out.  They stay unloaded regardless of a game reload.

Found the problem. Advance to the next day. It looks as though Field Gunners cannot reload the same day they are deployed.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Slight weirdness on infantry damage calculations that I just got today. 

Weapons fire for Blake's Fist BLK-FS01 (Blake's Hammer)
    ER Medium Laser at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits  (using Right Side table) MEN
        Direct fire weapon against infantry, damage changed from 5 to 1
        Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)) takes 1 damage to MEN.
            17 men alive

MML 9 (Narc-capable ammo) at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

MML 9 (Narc-capable ammo) at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 7 :  - Glancing Blow - 9 missile(s)  hits  (using Right Side table) MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 9 to 2
        Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)) takes 1 damage to MEN.
            16 men alive

Looks like I kill one guy with the laser bringing the platoon down 17 guys.  Then I land 9 lrms on them which it says should do 2 damage.  But the platoon only takes 1 casualty.  Seems like the math is off somewhere.  I don't know if the glancing blow is doing something here or not, but it shouldn't effect missile damage after the cluster roll is made. 

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Does anyone else think that infantry retirement is a bit weird? If the leader retires the entire squad does, makes it a bit pointless to train them up at all.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Slight weirdness on infantry damage calculations that I just got today. 

Weapons fire for Blake's Fist BLK-FS01 (Blake's Hammer)
    ER Medium Laser at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits  (using Right Side table) MEN
        Direct fire weapon against infantry, damage changed from 5 to 1
            17 men alive

MML 9 (Narc-capable ammo) at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

MML 9 (Narc-capable ammo) at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 7 :  - Glancing Blow - 9 missile(s)  hits  (using Right Side table) MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 9 to 2
            16 men alive

Looks like I kill one guy with the laser bringing the platoon down 17 guys.  Then I land 9 lrms on them which it says should do 2 damage.  But the platoon only takes 1 casualty.  Seems like the math is off somewhere.  I don't know if the glancing blow is doing something here or not, but it shouldn't effect missile damage after the cluster roll is made.

Glancing Blow doesn´t affect damage per missile, but damage against conventional infantry isn´t resolved on a per-missile basis, so that´s probably why it is halved here. It shouldn´t be, though, the way I understand the rules.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

yukamichi

• Corporal
Does anyone else think that infantry retirement is a bit weird? If the leader retires the entire squad does, makes it a bit pointless to train them up at all.
I don't think the idea that the whole platoon decides to stay or go is all that weird, personally; you hired them as a whole, after all. It's also worth noting that the platoon's retirement rolls should reflect their average skill, not just the leader's (which means the default retirement dialogue's target number usually isn't going to be accurate), and IIRC they also have a bonus to the roll, so retirement should be pretty rare to begin with.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
I posted it on the bugtracker as well, but maybe someone here can help?

I can't load my campaign file and can't figure out why from the log.

Edit:
Thanks to some help on the bugtracker I can load my game again. A refit was at fault.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2019, 14:46:29 by Rince Wind »

SteveRestless

• Major
Asking again before I make a bug report. Does anyone know if ASFs not getting vision of opposing forces in double-blind is intentional?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Asking again before I make a bug report. Does anyone know if ASFs not getting vision of opposing forces in double-blind is intentional?

For ground units? If so I believe so. Do not have the rules handy though. From what I have observed is that if you fly directly over a unit it is revealed. Depending on what sensors the aircraft is using it may be able to spot unrevealed units out to a couple of hexes from its flight path.

SteveRestless

• Major
It seems to be happening for both Aero and Ground units.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Data file errors:

Cougar X, Cougar X 2, and Cougar X 3 (RS 3145 NTNU) are all currently Mixed Inner Sphere.  Each needs to be changed to Mixed Clan.  Nothing else needs to be changed, though the mechs need the innate free Clan CASE to have proper BVs and I'm not sure if that's instantly added when you toggle the tech base on an existing unit file.

Thanks as always for your work.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
After a Convoy Rescue you don't get a bonus for the rescued units.
Too bad, as only one didn't make it out. (Why did he have to drive his hover into the woods again? There weren't even any enemies close by.  :D)

dgorsman

• Captain
After a Convoy Rescue you don't get a bonus for the rescued units.
Too bad, as only one didn't make it out. (Why did he have to drive his hover into the woods again? There weren't even any enemies close by.  :D)

Change the pilot risk settings for that bot.  They'll avoid making risky turns for the most part.
- The Society

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
I set them to escape. The hover never had a chance because of all the woods.  By turn 16 one (primitive Wasp) had made it out.

But next time I'll have a look at the risk setting as well.  :thumbsup:

Alvar

• Recruit
SRM/LRM Carrier (Primitives) are introduced in 2440, but the SRM/LRM Carrier is introduced 2407. This doesn't make any sense. So I checked Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged & Technical Readout: 3039, but there is no introduction year for SRM/LRM Carrier listed. In the Record Sheets: 3039 p. 72/73 the introduction year is listed at 2500.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
How do I reload Rocket Launchers after a battle? The unit is not in the repair bay.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
SRM/LRM Carrier (Primitives) are introduced in 2440, but the SRM/LRM Carrier is introduced 2407. This doesn't make any sense. So I checked Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged & Technical Readout: 3039, but there is no introduction year for SRM/LRM Carrier listed. In the Record Sheets: 3039 p. 72/73 the introduction year is listed at 2500.

Thanks I'll have a look.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist

I have been trying to enter some custom weapons, I installed Eclipse Java and wrote a new java entry, but I don't know how to build it from there (total programming noob). Could someone please help?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Having more infantry damage issues, maybe I don't understand how the damage works, maybe the calculations are off again. 

Weapons fire for Eagle EGL-2M (Blake's Hammer)
    ER Large Laser at Hex 0928 of Building #1305333685 (Collapse)needs 1, rolls 8 : hits.

Medium Standard Building #1305333685 absorbs 8 points of damage.
            12 CF remaining.
        Damage threshold exceeded. Possible critical hit!
            No critical hit.
            4 damage is passed on to Jump Platoon (MG) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)).
        Jump Platoon (MG) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)) takes 1 damage to MEN.
            20 men alive

ER Medium Laser at Hex 0928 of Building #1305333685 (Collapse)needs 3, rolls 7 : hits.

Medium Standard Building #1305333685 absorbs 5 points of damage.
            7 CF remaining.
        Damage threshold exceeded. Possible critical hit!
            Turret locked.
            3 damage is passed on to Jump Platoon (MG) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)).
        Jump Platoon (MG) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)) takes 1 damage to MEN.
            19 men alive

The building that the infantry are on don't have a turret so I am not sure what is going on with the crits.  Unless there is a hidden turret?  Can turrets be hidden? 

Anyways the infantry take a portion of damage from the building being blasted and then it looks like it is just reduced to 1 guy killed.  Might be a static reduction, or some type of defaulting damage to energy and dividing by 10 I'm not sure.   

Legius

• Recruit
Having more infantry damage issues, maybe I don't understand how the damage works, maybe the calculations are off again. 

-snip

Anyways the infantry take a portion of damage from the building being blasted and then it looks like it is just reduced to 1 guy killed.  Might be a static reduction, or some type of defaulting damage to energy and dividing by 10 I'm not sure.

The Non-Infantry Weapon Damage Against Infantry Table is in Total Warfare on page 216.

Direct Damage from Energy or Ballistic Weapons against Conventional Infantry is divided by 10.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2019, 20:22:58 by Legius »

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
The Non-Infantry Weapon Damage Against Infantry Table is in Total Warfare on page 216.

Direct Damage from Energy or Ballistic Weapons against Conventional Infantry is divided by 10.

Yes but the infantry was taking blowthrough damage from being in a building being blasted to pieces.  I am fairly sure that does not get divided by damage type or get bonus damage from machine guns or whatever else.  But something could have changed that I am unaware of. 

Legius

• Recruit

Yes but the infantry was taking blowthrough damage from being in a building being blasted to pieces.  I am fairly sure that does not get divided by damage type or get bonus damage from machine guns or whatever else.  But something could have changed that I am unaware of. 

TW p.172: Attacking a building with Infantry inside simply negates some of the damage to the Infantry based on the class of building. There is no "blowthrough" damage just a reduction. So it still counts as direct damage from the weapon.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
Heh...

Commander Mamdouh bin Wasim looks at Heat Sink, recalls his total lack of skill for working with such technology, then slowly puts the tools down before anybody gets hurt.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Is anyone else having trouble with ground units targeting aircraft on ground maps when there is a ground unit in the same hex as the one you are trying to target? 

example

A(end)
      |
      |
      |
      |
      T
      M
      A(start) 

So the aircraft starts one hex behind my mech, and flies over.  There is an enemy tank in base to base contact with my mech that the plane also flies over.  When I go to target the plane in the tank's hex to shoot at it's aft side I can only target the tank.  If I target somewhere on the plane's flight path it defaults to the starting hex and it is not only out of my firing arc but also a harder shot since I am firing at the nose. 

Is this a known bug or should I open one on github?

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
The way MegaMek appears to be calculating the BV of the Svartalfa seems off. If I'm not mistaken, I think the defensive movement factor should just be 1.3 and not 1.4. Also, ammo BV seems to be way off - no idea what's going on there.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Re: New Development Snapshot 0.45.4 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #100 on: 13 August 2019, 04:16:48 »
Hi, the slack link in the opening post doesn't seem to be working for me, I don't know why, do you have another?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #101 on: 13 August 2019, 09:33:18 »
Hi, the slack link in the opening post doesn't seem to be working for me, I don't know why, do you have another?

I think I've fixed the link above.  Give it a try and let me know
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #102 on: 19 August 2019, 20:19:36 »
Hidden Unit is not working right.  If a player clicks Next Target, it will go DIRECTLY to where the hidden unit is. You just can't shoot it.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #103 on: 21 August 2019, 02:28:53 »
I think I've fixed the link above.  Give it a try and let me know

Works for me :)