Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.45.4 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 23928 times)

Crl1981

• Recruit
We would need to see the log files.

Not sure what log files there would be I am stuck on day 1.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Not sure what log files there would be I am stuck on day 1.
The log files will often write errors.  if you post MekHQlog.txt, and Megameklog.txt we can have a look.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Crl1981

• Recruit
Alright it looks like I got a corrupted .zip file.  I figured it out, thanks I can't wait to get into this new build!

Groggy1

• Private
I'm encountering a rare and random error. Occasionally when the personnel market rolls a mechwarrior with a mech, I'm unable to click on the person to see their info. I can hire the person if I wish, but I can't get a look at their skills and such (other than the green/reg/vet/elite status in the info line).

This is only with mechwarriors WITH mechs, and does not seem to happen else.
Respect the Meatcannon!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I'm encountering a rare and random error. Occasionally when the personnel market rolls a mechwarrior with a mech, I'm unable to click on the person to see their info. I can hire the person if I wish, but I can't get a look at their skills and such (other than the green/reg/vet/elite status in the info line).

This is only with mechwarriors WITH mechs, and does not seem to happen else.
Known bug and will be fixed for the next release.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
I just noticed a typo in the event script.  It doesn't occur when the mech is a total loss, however.

Ostsol OTL-4D has been recovered. 

8,515 C-Bill in bbattle loss compensation (parts) for Ostsol OTL-4D has been credited to your account. 

Zeus ZEU-6S has been recovered. 

10,113 C-Bill in bbattle loss compensation (parts) for Zeus ZEU-6S has been credited to your account. 

Dragon DRG-1N has been recovered. 

10,863 C-Bill in bbattle loss compensation (parts) for Dragon DRG-1N has been credited to your account. 

Warhammer WHM-6L has been recovered. 

11,690 C-Bill in bbattle loss compensation (parts) for Warhammer WHM-6L has been credited to your account. 

3,049,716 C-Bill in battle loss compensation for Scorpion SCP-1N has been credited to your account.

Scorpion SCP-1N has been removed from the unit roster.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
It looks like the limits on ordering stuff based on how many admins you have isn't working in this release.  It sure seems to let me order all the ammo and heat sinks I want in a single day without running out of how much I can order.  It might need to be looked at. 

Also still running into issues of trying to refit/customize stuff where it never starts to refit. 
Would a right click option on light blue units to see why refitting hasn't started be a reasonable feature in the future?

Groggy1

• Private
Also still running into issues of trying to refit/customize stuff where it never starts to refit. 
Would a right click option on light blue units to see why refitting hasn't started be a reasonable feature in the future?

There's a hangup I've also noticed on refits. A work-around is to cancel the refit, then start it again (choosing the new model from the "choose refit kit" option). This seems to only happen to me when I refit a unit in the MMHQ little meklab tab.
Respect the Meatcannon!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
There's a hangup I've also noticed on refits. A work-around is to cancel the refit, then start it again (choosing the new model from the "choose refit kit" option). This seems to only happen to me when I refit a unit in the MMHQ little meklab tab.
Best to open this on the bug tracker.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
this is a very niche scenario, but in MML if you have a clan base mixed-tech unit, you can't choose inner sphere FF armor. IS primitive armor is an option, but not FF.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
this is a very niche scenario, but in MML if you have a clan base mixed-tech unit, you can't choose inner sphere FF armor. IS primitive armor is an option, but not FF.
Best to Open a bug report on the MegamekLab tracker. Link in my sig.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
done

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Anyone else having missile bins show up as needing to be ordered when repairing, then when you click order it orders some missiles, which doesn't remove the need for a missile bin?

ajac

• Private
Megameklab buck can only seem to be able to add one dropship ring to a jumpship no matter the size of it.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Not sure I am understanding how the bot's newfound love for artillery works

Code: [Select]

Weapons fire for Cyclops CP-11-C2 (Princess)
    C3 Computer [Master] at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits, target tagged.

C3 Computer [Master] at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits, target tagged.

Weapons fire for Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank (Standard) (Princess)
    Arrow IV at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); , but the shot is impossible (no tag in 8 hex radius of target hex)

Weapons fire for Marksman Artillery Vehicle (Light PPC) (Princess)
    Sniper at Hex: 3233 (Artillery)needs 8, rolls 7 : misses and scatters to hex 3333.
        Hex 3333: terrain takes 40 damage.
        Hex 3332: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3432: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3433: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3334: terrain takes 20 damage.

Weapons fire for Marksman Artillery Vehicle (Light PPC) #2 (Princess)
    Sniper at Hex: 3233 (Artillery)needs 11, rolls 3 : misses and scatters to hex 2437.

Weapons fire for Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank (Standard) #2 (Princess)
    Arrow IV at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); , but the shot is impossible (no tag in 8 hex radius of target hex) 

Obviously the Phoenix Hawk is tagged but somehow the Arrows that are fired at it think that the shot is impossible because there isn't a tag close enough? 
This doesn't make sense.  Is this a bug or expected behavior?

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Not sure I am understanding how the bot's newfound love for artillery works

Code: [Select]

Weapons fire for Cyclops CP-11-C2 (Princess)
    C3 Computer [Master] at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits, target tagged.

C3 Computer [Master] at Phoenix Hawk PXH-IIX (Marc); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits, target tagged.

Weapons fire for Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank (Standard) (Princess)

Weapons fire for Marksman Artillery Vehicle (Light PPC) (Princess)
    Sniper at Hex: 3233 (Artillery)needs 8, rolls 7 : misses and scatters to hex 3333.
        Hex 3333: terrain takes 40 damage.
        Hex 3332: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3432: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3433: terrain takes 20 damage.
        Hex 3334: terrain takes 20 damage.

Weapons fire for Marksman Artillery Vehicle (Light PPC) #2 (Princess)
    Sniper at Hex: 3233 (Artillery)needs 11, rolls 3 : misses and scatters to hex 2437.

Weapons fire for Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank (Standard) #2 (Princess)

Obviously the Phoenix Hawk is tagged but somehow the Arrows that are fired at it think that the shot is impossible because there isn't a tag close enough? 
This doesn't make sense.  Is this a bug or expected behavior?

Not so much the TAG, but where the artillery piece aimed the Arrow IV Homing Missile to hit. If it aims the Arrow IV Homing Missile at your occupied hex directly, then you move 9 hexes, you will get that message. If it takes 1 turn for a round to land, you get 2 movement phases before it lands. Artillery is fired before the movement phase, but lands after all units have moved.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2019, 22:18:35 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
I have the option that vees only count for half their weight turned on, but on the TO&E they are still shown with their full weight when I add them to a lance. Does the game still count my 210t lance as medium though?

HerrFlex

• Recruit
It'll count it as a light, even, provided it's made up of vehicles only(is what i quickly threw in to check) so i'm guessing it works fine.

You can see this in the Briefing Room tab.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Question from a user relatively familiar with MegaMek but completely unfamiliar with art assets: is there any way to get a 'Mech sprite .png with camo applied to it already instead of white from the files?  Or a way to apply camo to one of the white bases?  The sprites would be exceptionally useful for a project I'm working on but having to actually use them in MegaMek would cause a lot of problems.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
It'll count it as a light, even, provided it's made up of vehicles only(is what i quickly threw in to check) so i'm guessing it works fine.

You can see this in the Briefing Room tab.

Thanks, I forgot about the briefing room weight display!

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist

Question: How do I add more operators/drones to the Drone Remote Carrier System?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
It's been a while since I've taken a look at Megamek, but I noticed in the last release that Princess was enabled to unjam RACs.
That said...how do I get Princess to fire RACs at a higher rate of fire in the first place?
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
Heh, now that you mention it, she probably doesn't have that capability.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
The Hercules Mech seems to have the picture of the dropship.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
I do have some hazzles opening some dialogues in MHQ with rightklick. It took me a while to find out that I have to enlarge the windows like the maintainance reports, etc. Unfortunatly, I can't open the Dialogue to edit financial transactions when selling equipment to the various markets (I play AtB).
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Padraig Tseng

• Sergeant
Probably user error, but I cant seem to export any files using the export function in MHQ...the windows explorer pops up asking where to save the file but it doesn't seem to actually generate a file that I can find.
So the Ghost Bear says "Tell me the truth, you don't come here for the hunting, do you?"

SteveRestless

• Major
In older versions, ASF could see pretty much everything in a double-blind game. now, they're blind as bats. Is this intentional, or a bug?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Question from a user relatively familiar with MegaMek but completely unfamiliar with art assets: is there any way to get a 'Mech sprite .png with camo applied to it already instead of white from the files?  Or a way to apply camo to one of the white bases?  The sprites would be exceptionally useful for a project I'm working on but having to actually use them in MegaMek would cause a lot of problems.

Hi,  The only way I've seen it done was in GIMP.  We had an artist a few years back set the sprite as a base layer in GIMP then dropped the camo layer over it.  Sorry can't be more help.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Konig-Wolf

• Corporal
  • The Lion of Silesia...ready to roar.
Hello,

A question for MegaMekLab 0.45.4; is Improved C3 (c3i) available as a piece of Other Equipment for BattleMechs and Combat Vehicles? All the other variations of C3 are in MegaMekLab, but C3i is not. Am I looking in the wrong spot or doing something wrong? Please let me know. Thank you.
-Jeff "König-Wolf" James

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
I think it’s listed as improved c3 rather than c3i