Author Topic: New Forum Question(s)  (Read 3421 times)

GreenDragon

• Major
  • I'll Have my Roast Beef Shaved not Sliced.
New Forum Question(s)
« on: 09 September 2015, 14:46:12 »
What Happened to the "View Unread Posts" or whatever it was called button at the top of the page?  I just want to see if there are new posts in threads I'm posting in, not peruse the entire forum.
Davion, we're just better than you. - 97Jedi
Its like Doomsday and the Apocalypse had a baby.  And its ugly. - Calhoun

Userbars by Notsonoble and xtrahmxwohld.
Live Long and Prosper

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
Re: New Forum Question(s)
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2015, 14:52:54 »
That option now exists per category.

It's directly next to the upshrink button after each category title.

This makes it easier to read unread posts without having to sift through the entire list of unread posts. 
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2015, 14:55:24 »
That option now exists per category.

It's directly next to the upshrink button after each category title.

This makes it easier to read unread posts without having to sift through the entire list of unread posts.

It does mean there isn't any option once I'm in a category/thread.  That was my favorite button (replies to my posts in particular).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2015, 15:03:03 »
That was my favorite button (replies to my posts in particular).

My bookmark to this forum was that very page. It still appears to work if you want to use that (a bookmark button on your browser) as a workaround:

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?action=unread

Of course the latter functionality you mention was also a favourite - but it appears to be gone.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2015, 15:08:41 »
It does mean there isn't any option once I'm in a category/thread.  That was my favorite button (replies to my posts in particular).

I'll look into putting it back. It was a little bloated, but I can probably re-add it to the index.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2015, 15:18:43 »
My bookmark to this forum was that very page. It still appears to work if you want to use that (a bookmark button on your browser) as a workaround:

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?action=unread

Of course the latter functionality you mention was also a favourite - but it appears to be gone.
Thank you for the link good sir! Putting it as a bookmark on my browser now. :)

Also, thanks for the new layout of the forum, it is much appreciated!
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2015, 16:24:39 »
I've noticed the email Links to some of my PMs no longer work.   :-\  I get the following when I try clicking any of the Links.

404!
Sorry, This Page Does not exist.
Go home or try a search?

The "404!" part is in bold letters about 2" tall also!   :o  I've also noticed the email notifications now come from "forums.battletech@gmail.com", rather than "forum@catalystdemos.com".  Is that why the old Links no longer work?   ???
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #7 on: 09 September 2015, 16:29:03 »
PrettyURLs were removed. Some of the links will have to be manually updated. It's on the list. However, the forum should load quicker for you.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #8 on: 09 September 2015, 17:04:07 »
PrettyURLs were removed. Some of the links will have to be manually updated. It's on the list. However, the forum should load quicker for you.

I've got pokey, pokey dialup as the ONLY option where I live (19.2 Kbps is my "Usual" connection), and I've noticed for the past couple of weeks that the site has been loading MUCH faster than it used to!  I don't know if you guys applied WD-40, lard, axle grease, or bear fat, but PLEASE keep up the Good Work!   O0   [applause]  [applause]

:D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #9 on: 09 September 2015, 17:56:20 »
I'll look into putting it back. It was a little bloated, but I can probably re-add it to the index.
That would be most appreciated.  I don't post a whole lot so viewing all replies brings up a small list for me.  It is much better than clicking through each category.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #10 on: 09 September 2015, 20:41:08 »
Its been reapplied to the index at the bottom. I will create a new forum "header" to put them back in a position relative to their original location.

I'm going to close this out and direct everyone to this thread: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=48688.0

It'll be easier for me to track input and possible changes.
« Last Edit: 09 September 2015, 20:42:49 by Knightmare »

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 09 September 2015, 22:32:46 »
That would be most appreciated.  I don't post a whole lot so viewing all replies brings up a small list for me.  It is much better than clicking through each category.

I also have to say thanks for putting it back. After finding it I had three with new post to read.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #12 on: 10 September 2015, 16:12:35 »
To reiterate, please go here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=48688.0. Otherwise, locking thread.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.