Author Topic: Ghostbusters: Afterlife Trailer  (Read 5986 times)

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
Ghostbusters: Afterlife Trailer
« on: 09 December 2019, 09:57:27 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY

Now for starters, let's not talk about the 2016 remake here. Let's try and give the mods something easy to deal with.

Otherwise...

This looks like this could be fun.
What I find interesting, if I'm inferring right is these are Egon's grandkids. Now that is a twist...

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Re: Ghostbusters: Afterlife Trailer
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2019, 10:10:51 »
Amusingly they managed not to spoil that on IMDB; they only have the kids' first names listed.  That said, IMDB reports Annie Potts is also coming back, so that's a reunion alright.  Shame they didn't get Rick Moranis, but alas.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2019, 11:51:58 »
Filmed in my back yard.   :thumbsup:
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2019, 12:22:31 »
I'm interested.  And I'm hoping it won't have the cringe of Venkman in it.  That was the biggest turnoff of the original for me.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2019, 13:08:53 »
I'm interested.  And I'm hoping it won't have the cringe of Venkman in it.  That was the biggest turnoff of the original for me.
All of the originals except Ramis (RIP) and Moranis are listed as cast.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2019, 13:08:57 »
This looks really good :) :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 09 December 2019, 13:15:59 »
I am referring to his behavior in original movies as a sleazeball, even as a kid watching the first movie it was uncomfortable to see.  And it's a bit sad about Moranis, but understandable.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2019, 15:49:40 »
Interesting
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 09 December 2019, 16:03:40 »

I liked venkmen's cringe.. 
BUT i do wonder.  These kids look around 13-15..  At most.  So how
A) would they be able to know HOW to operate those proton packs, let alone hoist them on their backs (they are rather heavy).
B) DRIVE!
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: 09 December 2019, 16:31:33 »
I liked venkmen's cringe.. 
BUT i do wonder.  These kids look around 13-15..  At most.  So how
A) would they be able to know HOW to operate those proton packs, let alone hoist them on their backs (they are rather heavy).
B) DRIVE!

The girl (actress) is 13 right now irl.

The proton packs, from what I recall, have a button to turn them on on the pack itself, and a button to fire the gun on the gun. That part is easy.

I was taught how to shoot a rifle when I was 6 and how to drive when I was 8. Therefore, I have no problem with a 13 year old knowing how to do either.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #10 on: 09 December 2019, 16:38:52 »

No William Atherton.  :-\
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #11 on: 09 December 2019, 19:10:51 »
This looks very interesting!  :thumbsup:

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 09 December 2019, 19:47:06 »
I wonder if they're keeping the events of Ghostbusters 2 involved as well.  The first one...okay, that's a singular "monsters show up" event but the second one kind of had the Statue of Liberty walking around and the Titanic docking and putting the ghosts of its passengers on land.

It would take one massive "mass hallucinogenic chemical terrorism" story to put that particularly unpleasant event to bed...but the fact that nobody's seen ghosts in 30 years per the trailer, well, maybe it was believable after all.  In-universe, what that would do to society would be...interesting.  So somehow covering it all up is going to be an interesting event, and I want to at least see it acknowledged somehow.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 09 December 2019, 22:27:24 »
This might be worth watching. The kids might kill it, but I do like that it is a true sequel instead of a remake/reboot.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Independence Day sequel.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #14 on: 09 December 2019, 23:52:25 »
If you want to reboot an old franchise, this is how you do it. i want to see this movie already.
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2019, 01:25:05 »
I was taught how to shoot a rifle when I was 6 and how to drive when I was 8. Therefore, I have no problem with a 13 year old knowing how to do either.

I know many folk, who also got taught shooting young.  BUT not so much these days.

If you want to reboot an old franchise, this is how you do it. i want to see this movie already.

I've been waiting for a 3rd, ever since the 90s!

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #16 on: 10 December 2019, 05:32:41 »
Bland, boring, heavy handed nostalgia. Stock "look at the eighties thing" images. Utterly dry heavy handed approach. Lifeless.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 10 December 2019, 07:09:33 »
Bland, boring, heavy handed nostalgia. Stock "look at the eighties thing" images. Utterly dry heavy handed approach. Lifeless.

I don't agree, but hey, what would the world be without diverse opinions?

I wonder if they're keeping the events of Ghostbusters 2 involved as well.  The first one...okay, that's a singular "monsters show up" event but the second one kind of had the Statue of Liberty walking around and the Titanic docking and putting the ghosts of its passengers on land.

It would take one massive "mass hallucinogenic chemical terrorism" story to put that particularly unpleasant event to bed...but the fact that nobody's seen ghosts in 30 years per the trailer, well, maybe it was believable after all.  In-universe, what that would do to society would be...interesting.  So somehow covering it all up is going to be an interesting event, and I want to at least see it acknowledged somehow.

I doubt it was covered up, there's no real need. However the Ghostbusters would have no longer been needed if there were no further sightings, so they would likely have retired once their lucrative endorsement deals ran out.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 10 December 2019, 07:48:16 »
I wonder if they will incorporate the containment unit or even mention it. Perhaps that is where all the ghosts are coming from?? Or is it still housed in NYC and maintained by the city?

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 10 December 2019, 08:33:25 »
I wonder if they will incorporate the containment unit or even mention it. Perhaps that is where all the ghosts are coming from?? Or is it still housed in NYC and maintained by the city?

It looked to me like the trap still had a ghost in it. I'm guessing that the containment unit is down that well, and slowly failing.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #20 on: 10 December 2019, 09:11:05 »
It looked to me like the trap still had a ghost in it. I'm guessing that the containment unit is down that well, and slowly failing.
That's what I was thinking. But it's weird that there hasn't been any ghost in 30 years though.
Containment Unit must have been somehow transported on a special thing I mean how else can you explain how they move something that needs a lot of power physically to a new location.
« Last Edit: 30 July 2020, 08:57:15 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #21 on: 10 December 2019, 10:25:07 »
I know many folk, who also got taught shooting young.  BUT not so much these days.
Much more likely in small towns and rural areas. Then again, Ecto1 is an automatic... you can learn to drive one by playing video games.  :D

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 10 December 2019, 14:50:28 »
I'm another person who is putting that on my want to watch list

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #23 on: 11 December 2019, 14:52:02 »
So these are Egon Spengler's grand children?  Who did Egon gotten together with? i only think it was Egon since he was the one who collected the fungus and mold?  I keep picturing the kids more resemble him.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 11 December 2019, 15:12:20 »
That's kinda why I kept it under Spoiler.

I'm not 100% sure, but all the indications from the Trailer seem to indicate...

And if it is? Who'd of thunk, right?
That's just one of a myriad of questions and shout-outs waiting to be reveled when it comes out next year.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #25 on: 11 December 2019, 15:13:38 »
This is much more along the lines of what I have been waiting for...also...I never had one; did the old ECTO-1 toy have that gunner's seat feature?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 11 December 2019, 16:46:34 »
So these are Egon Spengler's grand children?  Who did Egon gotten together with?

Maybe Jenene Melnitz??  Afterall, she DID seem interested in him, in the first film.. 

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #27 on: 11 December 2019, 19:57:06 »
Maybe Jenene Melnitz??  Afterall, she DID seem interested in him, in the first film..
She wasn't into him in the second movie. She was into the lawyer.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2019, 23:25:18 by Wrangler »

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #28 on: 11 December 2019, 20:48:24 »
Maybe the kid is between Jenene and Lewis (Rick Moranis). They were on a date in GB2.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 11 December 2019, 22:07:29 »
Well, Annie Potts is back in this one so we can at least get some kind of answer whether or not they're her kids from Egon.