Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 198426 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #1110 on: 16 August 2019, 18:20:51 »
Nice: yeah considering taking out a $5,000 dollar loan to donate and just ya know flee the country afterwords... Shipping to some random PO Box in some random country. Lol.

I will say that prior to that my Ghost Bear Cluster has grown: up to one Mixed weight Supernova Mech Trinary, one mostly Assault Trinary, and one mixed vehicle/mech Star now. With the Kickstarter and one more purchase I would of had a complete (Vehicle Nova/Mech Binary) Trinary and my Assault Trinary would be complete as well.

Woulda been nice.

And the last game I did play between my Nu-Grizzly and a Nightsky versus two Nova Cats: a Nova Cat and Shadow Cat, resulted in an overwhelming victory. Totally gonna outfit the last Trinary in my eventual Cluster with some Second Line Rasalhague forces including a Berserker commander ;)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1111 on: 24 August 2019, 01:10:46 »
Kek this should be fun. If you have been a ghostbear/rasalhague dominion fan (I'll know who you are if you try to cheat..) I'm accepting megamek top for challenge coins over the next week. Limit is first 5.
« Last Edit: 24 August 2019, 10:07:58 by Foxx Ital »
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1112 on: 08 September 2019, 21:27:06 »
So in a 3 vs 4 trial the ghost bears carried the day!! Karhu G got mvp with 2 kills, hunchback iic and a highlander iic.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #1113 on: 09 September 2019, 07:09:35 »
Man I should have got a licensing agreement from Odin Manufacturing back when I did TRO3085 and 3145NTNu.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1114 on: 09 October 2019, 19:24:51 »
Are there any Alpha, Beta, or Delta Clusters we don't have fluff for?

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1115 on: 09 October 2019, 23:59:12 »
Are there any Alpha, Beta, or Delta Clusters we don't have fluff for?

the only named Cluster that we don't have a specific write up for (I believe) is Rho's 48th Battle Cluster (which was disbanded after the Niles fight in 3048 and reformed into the 300th Battle Cluster)

and maybe new stuff during the Dark Age, I'm not too up to date on the more recent works

so no, nothing from Alpha, Beta or Delta AFAIK
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1116 on: 29 October 2019, 17:30:02 »
So trothkin in one week when the (second to last) shipment arrives I will have a full Cluster of Mechs and Elementals. It will be a bit over strength and missing about a Star of mechs and not assembled: but it will be complete.

I will have an Assault Trinary of mixed front and second line mechs, an Assault/Heavy Trinary, a Heavy/Medium Supernova (15 mechs and 50 Elementals), a Light Supernova (15 Mechs and 50 Elementals), and finally a Fully mixed Binary Nova of 5 Mechs, 10 Vehicles, and 50 Undine and Rogue Bear Suits (because when theirs a cheap deal why not?).

Gonna have to paint and assemble quite a lot but I’ve got a general scheme ready to go. Provisionally names the First Ghost Wolves Cluster. Have to post pictures eventually. So happy (albeit a bit poorer) :)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1117 on: 29 October 2019, 20:11:35 »
Undines huh? You gonna be using the upgrade version?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1118 on: 29 October 2019, 22:00:35 »
Undines huh? You gonna be using the upgrade version?

Now that I found out they exist: probably. Most likely never going to use them unless I really want to mess with my opponent by springing a full Star in a Lake somewhere, or I’m doing a Cluster vs. Cluster (or Regiment) Battle.

Got most Bear Mechs save the Kuma and Ursus (don’t want), the Bruin, Karhu, and Viking IIC (coming soon). Could probably use some Wraith, Golem, Gnome, and Constable Battle Armor, and maybe a Star of Aerospace Fighters (including Kirghiz for Elemental bombing runs). But again I’m happy for now.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1119 on: 29 October 2019, 22:47:05 »
Now that I found out they exist: probably. Most likely never going to use them unless I really want to mess with my opponent by springing a full Star in a Lake somewhere, or I’m doing a Cluster vs. Cluster (or Regiment) Battle.

Got most Bear Mechs save the Kuma and Ursus (don’t want), the Bruin, Karhu, and Viking IIC (coming soon). Could probably use some Wraith, Golem, Gnome, and Constable Battle Armor, and maybe a Star of Aerospace Fighters (including Kirghiz for Elemental bombing runs). But again I’m happy for now.
Not a big fan of wraiths for some reason. As for aero, don't forget the ostrogoth!!

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1120 on: 29 October 2019, 22:50:29 »
Not a big fan of wraiths for some reason. As for aero, don't forget the ostrogoth!!
ostrogoth +1,000,000
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1121 on: 30 October 2019, 00:00:04 »

Yes you do want Ursus. Incredibly cheap consistent performers.

That is because Wraiths are garbage.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1122 on: 31 October 2019, 06:48:25 »
That's a insult to garbage, at least you can sometimes salvage something from trash.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1123 on: 31 October 2019, 15:14:03 »
You have no idea mate. That thing came across the table from MWDA and SillyBrit, Jymset, and I had to make something of it. While still retaining that two gunned Ghost Bear aesthetic that has come down through the Golem. At least we had managed to make stealth a Ghost Bear thing earlier.

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1124 on: 01 November 2019, 00:00:48 »
Garbage is also a more creative, long-term killer than a Wraith. They'll just fire machineguns at a target, whereas garbage will slowly destroy their environment over generations. Lie in wait and strike at the opportune moment, like a Ghost Bear.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #1125 on: 01 November 2019, 02:38:45 »
The Ursus is definitely under-rated, and I feel that it and the Arcas get overlooked for simply not being OmniMechs. It's cheap, it's functional and it gets the job done, even if it's not the best at the universe at it.

Or maybe I just like it for having a goony skull chest. That could be a part of it.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1126 on: 01 November 2019, 05:44:44 »
I love the arcas! Anyone who under estimates it gets what they deserve.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1127 on: 02 November 2019, 19:57:55 »
Which is why I field one with my Bowman 2 every time!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1128 on: 03 November 2019, 01:20:31 »
I think they make for very forgiving mechs with inexperienced players, plus the art with it wearing a cape is pretty awesome.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1129 on: 03 November 2019, 23:27:04 »
Got an Arcas: need a second one.

Ostrogoths are also a definite, along with some Visigoths, Kirghiz’s, and not sure what else offhand: to be fair they are .... FAR in the future planning.

Wraith... meh? Maybe idk.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1130 on: 08 November 2019, 12:08:07 »
I was showing my girlfriend some ghost bear photos and she remarked the logo was cute and looked like a teddy bear.  :( :( :-\

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1131 on: 08 November 2019, 12:25:00 »
Maybe a Santa Bear.  With metal teeth. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1132 on: 12 December 2019, 05:53:05 »
Well the 6 year old blindsided me with a Christmas request today. She asked for a beginner box! Since I have one all ready I said she could use mine.
 She asked for some minis so I'm looking for recommendations. I'm thinking a bear cub or a firemoth.

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1133 on: 12 December 2019, 06:13:23 »
So, as a matter of curiosity - do any ex-FRR players hang out here or is it just ex-Ghost Bears?

I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, so I'm here for the hell of it now...

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1134 on: 12 December 2019, 07:49:05 »
So, as a matter of curiosity - do any ex-FRR players hang out here or is it just ex-Ghost Bears?

<Zoidberg> Why not both?
 We get all types....some even like the hell horses!?!

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1135 on: 12 December 2019, 08:46:37 »
You have to know both to manage post 3060 so the older hands are good sources for the FRR and CGB.

If I had to be honest pre 3055 FRR knowledge is lacking around here. But by the same token you would be lucky to find pre 3055 FRR knowledge in the IS boards too. As a faction their pre Clan history sort of got squeezed out by events. War of 3039 and Fed Com stuff generally drew the attention away.

Actually I am hard pressed to think of any pure FRR posters. They are really genuinely rare. Like Niops probably has more support.

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1136 on: 12 December 2019, 09:16:04 »
The FRR are actually one of my favourite factions, although by no means the only one I play.

I'm just in the process of wrapping up a project - building the entire 3rd Hussars regiment circa 3067. I've just learned via Sarna that in their final form, each of their six fire lances was reinforced with two extra Vikings and am currently debating if I want to own another twelve Viking miniatures - seeing as I already have nine...
« Last Edit: 12 December 2019, 09:40:27 by Getz »

I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, so I'm here for the hell of it now...

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1137 on: 12 December 2019, 10:18:36 »
The FRR are actually one of my favourite factions, although by no means the only one I play.

I'm just in the process of wrapping up a project - building the entire 3rd Hussars regiment circa 3067. I've just learned via Sarna that in their final form, each of their six fire lances was reinforced with two extra Vikings and am currently debating if I want to own another twelve Viking miniatures - seeing as I already have nine...

The answer is yes because you can convert them to Viking IIC’s eventually

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #1138 on: 12 December 2019, 11:58:20 »
Well the 6 year old blindsided me with a Christmas request today. She asked for a beginner box! Since I have one all ready I said she could use mine.
 She asked for some minis so I'm looking for recommendations. I'm thinking a bear cub or a firemoth.
Why not a Bear Cub for your bear cub?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1139 on: 12 December 2019, 12:17:44 »
Bear Cub is an excellent training mech for the Ghost Bears. With the exception of DHS it has everything a sibko needs to learn to pilot.

A Fire Moth is a bit more advanced in general, I would advise a Viper over the Moth for training.

Bigger Mechs: Timber Wolf, Kingfisher, Executioner maybe?

Register