Author Topic: The Scorpion Empire : Plus Ultra  (Read 198503 times)

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
Re: Bienvenidos al Imperio del Escorpión II : Necrosia Boogaloo
« Reply #570 on: 06 April 2018, 12:45:57 »
I like the poverty of the Imperio, that they have not been capable to jump-start a high perormance hightech industry from the beginning and have been struggling to maintian their military.
The HomeClan attacks will not help them either.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #571 on: 06 April 2018, 21:57:15 »
Yes, every day is a struggle for them. Though it isn't really poverty when you consider the Castilians were barely reaching 3025-tech in 3079 but by 3090 the Imperial industry has took a quantum leap to Clan Intermediate. It took the Falcons(the strongest Crusader Clan by resource base) a decade to upgrade a single factory(Olivetti) to fully Clan standards.

Basic 0.5 to Clantech 0.5 in a decade for the Scorpions(a fringe and always-poor Clan) = Despite the odds, they are living up to Founder Cyrus' SL Corps of Engineers heritage  :)

« Last Edit: 06 April 2018, 21:58:47 by ArkRoyalRavager »

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #572 on: 07 April 2018, 09:50:33 »
Yes, every day is a struggle for them. Though it isn't really poverty when you consider the Castilians were barely reaching 3025-tech in 3079 but by 3090 the Imperial industry has took a quantum leap to Clan Intermediate. It took the Falcons(the strongest Crusader Clan by resource base) a decade to upgrade a single factory(Olivetti) to fully Clan standards.

Basic 0.5 to Clantech 0.5 in a decade for the Scorpions(a fringe and always-poor Clan) = Despite the odds, they are living up to Founder Cyrus' SL Corps of Engineers heritage  :)

Clan Goliath Scorpion, AKA Clan Crazy Awesome.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #573 on: 07 April 2018, 21:36:58 »
Necrosia Cocktail makes you Crazy Awesome  :beer:

Now comes in Necrosia Tequila and Necrosia Wine flavours  ;)

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #574 on: 08 April 2018, 09:24:40 »
And Necrosia Necromancer are the best ....  ;)
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #575 on: 08 April 2018, 13:39:46 »
Well until somebody forgets to bring the inoculation serums!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #576 on: 10 April 2018, 13:14:10 »
Well until somebody forgets to bring the inoculation serums!
TT
We have been told that all who died, died with a smile ...

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #577 on: 10 April 2018, 17:24:40 »
We have been told that all who died, died with a smile ...

Must have used the Joker Phish brand then!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Boomer8

• Corporal
  • Caballeros Forever!
« Reply #578 on: 11 April 2018, 16:13:38 »
Nope, just had a Long Necrosia Tea.....  >:D
Victor W. Milan (1954-2018) Taken before he finished.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #579 on: 11 April 2018, 17:00:06 »
You think that the El Scorps are doing well in the 3150's? Or will they be on the warpath soon looking for a score to settle?

It's waaaay to quiet!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #580 on: 11 April 2018, 20:13:41 »
Are there HPGs in as Deep Periphery as where this place is?

I wonder because i just realized we've never gotten any news about the Deep Periphery during the Dark Age. Did they get hit during the Gray Monday as well?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #581 on: 11 April 2018, 20:16:41 »
That is canonically uncertain. All we do know is that anyone who might know what is going on beyond the Barrens just ain't talking, and the remaining Invading Clans are doing their best to make sure nobody is even asking.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #582 on: 11 April 2018, 21:10:25 »
Are there HPGs in as Deep Periphery as where this place is?

Theory of mine is if you were to take the BASIC minimum amount of what the Scorpions took.

Listing:
9 systems to protect with 3 Warships; a McKenna, a Aegis and a Congress.

Leading to the uses of older tech such as Lion / -C / -WD ( mostly for the Vehicle Stars ), a Colossus ( let's face it the Seeker Clan has one ), Overlord-C. Union-C, Broadsword, DrostIIA, Manatee ( possible Manatee-C clan upgrade ), Sassanid, Confederate / -C, Carrier and possible Titan / -C,  and at least one Model 96 Elephant.

Common jumpers would most likely be: Aquilla, Hunter ( with it's HPG ), Odyssey ( really more common than you think ), and the rare SL-era LF- equipped Tramp, and maybe a Comitatus or two.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #583 on: 11 April 2018, 21:27:24 »
Clan WarShips are usually equipped with HPGs, no?
So, regardless of any ground stations, those should be working.

That is, unless there are those HPG disruptor fields around, since it seems strikes on HPG stations seem to have been either a delaying tactic or a cover for more sophisticated interference tech since repairing the stations never worked.

But, the Deep Periphery probably mostly (completely?) lacks HPGs anyway, so perhaps they haven't been strongly affected. On the other hand, Imperior is a pseudo-Clan state, and the Clans do like having their coms. Maybe the Imperio will have split into warring warlords. Succession Wars in miniature for everyone.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #584 on: 11 April 2018, 22:09:28 »
CGS warships do not carry HPGs... which is why I said Hunter jumpships, they carry HPG.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #585 on: 12 April 2018, 03:07:19 »
You think that the El Scorps are doing well in the 3150's? Or will they be on the warpath soon looking for a score to settle?

It's waaaay to quiet!

TT

I'd give thanks to God if they make it past 3100 :)

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #586 on: 12 April 2018, 03:14:59 »
Theory of mine is if you were to take the BASIC minimum amount of what the Scorpions took.

Listing:
9 systems to protect with 3 Warships; a McKenna, a Aegis and a Congress.

Leading to the uses of older tech such as Lion / -C / -WD ( mostly for the Vehicle Stars ), a Colossus ( let's face it the Seeker Clan has one ), Overlord-C. Union-C, Broadsword, DrostIIA, Manatee ( possible Manatee-C clan upgrade ), Sassanid, Confederate / -C, Carrier and possible Titan / -C,  and at least one Model 96 Elephant.

Common jumpers would most likely be: Aquilla, Hunter ( with it's HPG ), Odyssey ( really more common than you think ), and the rare SL-era LF- equipped Tramp, and maybe a Comitatus or two.

TT

Nueva Castile is small enough for pony express networks to work in the short-term.

Given the shortage of WarShips or appropriate construction/maintenance facilities, the best defensive units for the Imperial Navy will be mass-produced ASFs, warships(assault DropShips as designated in the pre-SL era), Castles Brian, and ground-based SDS networks.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #587 on: 12 April 2018, 06:49:10 »
Except they Pre-date the Star League by a few hundred years! They only have had 'Mechs after they lost almost all of their planets, even then fusion is considered unknown.... Bare minimum at best.

They still USE icemechs up to the invasion from Clan Goliath Scorpions! Do they still use them? We don't know.... yet. With a McKenna able to move anywhere... That's some firepower right there.

I listed Aquilla as a main jumpship for them because it's all that was available to them, unless there is something that can surpass it in the timeline. Hell we know they still make Manatee droppers, either cargo or mech carrier! Manatee needs a dropcollar... Aquilla doesn't use them. So what uses them? Remember, 2830 was when they were attacked and it was most likely a single vessel... Leviathan-class? ( Reason I think this, a few Manatee were brought... Both cargo and mech. )

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #588 on: 12 April 2018, 18:34:19 »
Update:

Second Successor War was started around 2830... I mentioned the Leviathan because of it's popularity with it's spacious looks. Primitive, yes... but it could carry up to eight ( 8 ) droppers on a jump.

So leaving you to wonder what was carried, and later copied.

My thoughts are on the Manatee, at least one each Cargo and Mech haulers, at least one DroST IIa, for the vehicles / Infantry, maybe one DroST IIb ( 2470 ) for small craft carrier duties.

I should also mention that the Aquilla could carry the Vulture-class ( 2312 ), as it is a pre-docking collar ship.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #589 on: 13 April 2018, 03:17:06 »
Oh, I meant my post in the sense of preparing for a future Homeworld Clan invasion of the Imperio.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #590 on: 13 April 2018, 13:24:02 »
I doubt that they have the reources or facilities to produce the gear you mentioned.

If the Home Clans attack seriously, it will be over.
Question is how will they fare after the conquest. Absorbed without any trace left? Or making a lastin impression?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #591 on: 13 April 2018, 13:29:53 »
Well we know they have Protomechs, and the rest of ELH as bondsmen. Plus they can make the ICEmechs and clantech variants. Not to mention they are SLDF gearheads as well, so what did they squirrel away before they went out?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #592 on: 13 April 2018, 14:09:54 »
... and the rest of ELH as bondsmen.

All of the ELH (who were left on the Homeworlds and absorbed by the Scorpions) died in the Wars of Reaving. None is left.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #593 on: 13 April 2018, 14:54:26 »
Oh really now... they added their Gene Code to the official Master Codex listing before leaving.

Even IF the members are dead... genes live on!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #594 on: 13 April 2018, 20:55:43 »
Oh really now... they added their Gene Code to the official Master Codex listing before leaving.

Even IF the members are dead... genes live on!

TT

This. The possibilities are endless!

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #595 on: 13 April 2018, 20:59:30 »
I doubt that they have the reources or facilities to produce the gear you mentioned.

If the Home Clans attack seriously, it will be over.
Question is how will they fare after the conquest. Absorbed without any trace left? Or making a lastin impression?

ASFs, DropShips, ground-based SDS, and Castles Brian do not require orbital/space-based facilities unlike WarShips or the more potent SDS components. Even Clan Intermediate-tier units of these things will put up a hell of a fight against any invader.

If the Imperio focuses solely on Mech production, they will not stand a chance against the Home Clans' orbital bombardment strategies.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #596 on: 13 April 2018, 22:25:46 »
A little digging gets us these:

3 basic-level DropShip maintenance facilities
Primitive Rifleman
Primitive ShadowHawk
Wasp-1
Stinger-3R
SRM Carrier ( possible Primitive )
Thunderbolt-D36
2x EPT-C-1 Reptar
2x ARA-S-1 Arana

These are just the few things I could find...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #597 on: 14 April 2018, 01:27:13 »
Since Rood is one of the leaders, by 3090 the Imperio will have gone through a decade of mass industrialization and efficient usage of their larger resource base in comparison to the Home Clans, making them capable of mass production of units in their current technology level (not Clantech, but close).

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #598 on: 14 April 2018, 08:23:19 »
Most likely upgrades to SLDF-era or Royal variant if possible, before clan tech.Keeping the basic frames but working towards higher tech. Which means if you can mount a Clantech ERML to a Wasp or Stinger, do it! Tho o the other hand, the Stinger-3Gb springs to mind. If the Imperio could make use of the basic frame for both Wasp and Stinger using the -3Gb.... what could they do with it? Nasty idea.....

TT

(Wait? Wha....  :o Did that Wasp just fired a clan ER Large?  >:D )
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #599 on: 15 April 2018, 07:33:23 »
They're certainly going to be producing all Royal versions instead of vanilla, given their origins.