Author Topic: StratOps/IntOps Warship/JumpShip/Space Station Calculator  (Read 24696 times)

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
Re: StratOps/IntOps Warship/JumpShip/Space Station Calculator
« Reply #60 on: 02 July 2018, 20:14:23 »
The Fire control it now gives me is exactly 1/2 that I manually calculated.

64 weapons totalling 456 tons on 4 arcs each. I get 547.2 tons manually (456tons x .3 x 4 arcs). The new sheet gave me 273.6t

Weird - it seems to be working right for me. I tested with 62x PPC and 2x LB-10X(IS) per arc, which is 456 tons on 64 guns, and all arcs seemed to return correct numbers. If you un-hide the columns off to the right-hand side(click the little arrow at the top of column I), it's calculated in a block starting at cell Q19 - can you see which ones are giving weird numbers? Alternately, PM me a link to your sheet, and I can take a look.

Thanks for letting me know.

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: 02 July 2018, 20:27:58 »
I just looked at the hidden cells, and it's only counting AMS for the nose.

I'll PM you.

eta- The formula for Nose is different from the other arcs. Copy the Nose cell to the other arcs and it works. The other cells don't count AMS.

eta2- fix the LAC2 and LAC5 weights if you get a chance. They use the full AC2/AC5 weights.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2018, 20:37:11 by Andras »

marcussmythe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: 02 July 2018, 20:59:29 »
Im glad there are people whose spreadsheet-fu is strong.

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: 02 July 2018, 21:43:50 »
Ahh, I see what happened. I added the code for AMS counting in the weapon numbers to the Nose facing, but forgot to copy it to the other facings. Then when I tested to make sure it was working, I tested AMS for the nose facing and weapons for the other facings, but not AMS in the others. I need to test a bit more thoroughly, it seems.

Good catch, Andras. Thanks. I'll get to the weapon weights when I have a chance.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: 02 July 2018, 22:18:34 »
Yes please.  :clap:
Seconded.

I mean just making them automatically show up would be a huge improvement.

dragonkid11

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: 10 July 2018, 21:59:01 »
This spreadsheet is incredibly useful in making new warship!

But I'm trying to find the hidden cell for KFdriveformula but couldn't, I kinda need to change some value for my AU writing.
On behalf of the Berserker,
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Salvage Dog AU SI Fanfic Thread
Salvage Dog AU Tech Compilation Thread
Salvage Dog AU Battlemech Thread

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: 11 July 2018, 07:12:32 »
This spreadsheet is incredibly useful in making new warship!

But I'm trying to find the hidden cell for KFdriveformula but couldn't, I kinda need to change some value for my AU writing.

It's all in hidden columns, to avoid visual clutter. Un-hide them by clicking the little arrow at the top of the right-most column.

dragonkid11

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #67 on: 11 July 2018, 08:59:43 »
It's all in hidden columns, to avoid visual clutter. Un-hide them by clicking the little arrow at the top of the right-most column.

Found it, thanks!
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

dragonkid11

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 16 July 2018, 08:56:36 »
I have noticed that the number and weight for amount of ammo is separated and not added together and make for a confusing list.

So I made this modified code for it.
Code: [Select]
For the total number
=IFERROR(IF(SUM(FILTER(EquipedNumber,EquipedName=Q2))=0,"",SUM(FILTER(EquipedNumber,EquipedName=Q2))),"")

For the total weight
=IFERROR(IF(SUM(FILTER(EquipedWeight,EquipedName=Q2))=0,"",SUM(FILTER(EquipedWeight,EquipedName=Q2))),"")

One obvious problem is that you have to copy this down the entire row but hey! At least the list won't look so clumped now!

Andai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
« Reply #69 on: 24 July 2018, 05:35:27 »
First of all, thank you for your effort.

I started to do the same for my small database related to my existing miniatures and needed BV 2 fp#or my warships.
Funny, that it is impossible to calculate a BV2 with the given books (TM, TO, SO) and get the exat matching BV with official publications (tested with Athena and Essex I).
Also i don´ t get a match in BV using your spreadsheet. Any idea, what am i missing?

Also i´m wondering, why the type of K-F drive changes Battle Value? Where is the rule for that?
And...which BV 2 calcutaling method are u using? The one stated in SO at page 161 which says calculating BV based on arcs and therefore heat or the adding section which says:

WARSHIPS
Except as noted above, use the rules for calculating an
Aerospace Unit’s BV (see pp. 312-313, TM) to fi nd the BV of a
WarShip. WarShips have a Vehicle Type Modifi er of 0.8 when
computing Defensive Battle Rating, but multiply their capital-
scale armor factor by 25, rather than 2.5, and their capital-scale
structural Integrity by 20, rather than 2.0.

Starcolonel Andai Pryde, Co 4th Cluster, Omega Galaxy, Clan Wolf in Exile
Captain Marcus Pieters, 5th Syrtis Fusiliers
Field Agent Andreas "Andai" Hoffmann #1007

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: 03 October 2018, 19:32:29 »
Should the Ultra ACs have half as many shots per ton (and also cost twice as much per shot (each one is two shells)) if they shoot twice per turn? An Ultra AC20 gets 5 shots per ton as is.

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 03 November 2018, 06:48:17 »
Is there some other way to get the spreadsheet? I get some kind of bug that wipes half the formulas when I try to download. :(

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #72 on: 03 November 2018, 11:41:31 »
It only works online as a google drive/sheets file.

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: 16 November 2018, 21:02:04 »
In the warship design challenge thread we ran into a rules contradiction around whether quarters should have a cost.  The answer is no, so the cost of all quarters and infantry bay/compartments should be zero.

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: 28 December 2018, 11:30:34 »
I read through the Interstellar Operations rules for Primitive Jumpships last night and discovered there is one advantage not reflected in the spreadsheet: Primitive jumpships have maximum armor determined like jumpships (i.e. structure tons/12) not warships (i.e. structure tons/50).   This provides the sole interesting advantage of primitive jumpships over modern warships.

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: 29 December 2018, 23:02:29 »
I tweaked things to fix the prior two issues here.  I also fixed a few minor rounding issues.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 08 January 2019, 18:02:25 »
I read through the Interstellar Operations rules for Primitive Jumpships last night and discovered there is one advantage not reflected in the spreadsheet: Primitive jumpships have maximum armor determined like jumpships (i.e. structure tons/12) not warships (i.e. structure tons/50).   This provides the sole interesting advantage of primitive jumpships over modern warships.

This was errata'd and is no longer the case. You can search the errata thread for primitive jumpship armor to find the relevant post about it. Primitive Jumpships use the warship armor formula now, not the jumpship one.

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #77 on: 08 January 2019, 20:13:44 »
This was errata'd and is no longer the case. You can search the errata thread for primitive jumpship armor to find the relevant post about it. Primitive Jumpships use the warship armor formula now, not the jumpship one.
My search skills are failing me---I didn't find it in the supplementary rules.  Do you have a URL?

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #79 on: 08 January 2019, 23:02:23 »
Here you go: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=50926.msg1279444#msg1279444
Thanks.  I updated my version of your sheet.  It now differs only in getting some rounding right and zeroing out the cost of quarters.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #80 on: 09 January 2019, 11:43:35 »
I'm not really active on the forums much any more, I actually turned over control of my sheets to alsadius (iirc). He's probably got much more up-to-date versions of them.

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #81 on: 10 January 2019, 13:17:11 »
Not really. RL has been kind of rough, and the forum game I'm running in Aerospace takes up all my BT time. I'm keeping an eye on this thread, but haven't made significant changes in months.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #82 on: 10 January 2019, 18:02:55 »
Sad to hear that, but hope you'll have more time in the future...  :thumbsup:

Register