Author Topic: Gencon  (Read 9175 times)

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Re: Gencon
« Reply #30 on: 27 July 2018, 16:10:09 »
Wasp and Valkyrie!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #31 on: 27 July 2018, 16:11:52 »
Yeah, how 'bout that, eh?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 27 July 2018, 16:25:13 »
Wasp and Valkyrie!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Where is this found?

abou

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 27 July 2018, 16:29:23 »

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 27 July 2018, 16:56:40 »
Yay!  New friends!

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #35 on: 27 July 2018, 17:56:12 »
Well, I think that nicely answers any questions folks might still have.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #36 on: 28 July 2018, 00:27:45 »
I am so looking forward to getting my hands on a bunch of classic Wasp miniatures.

For a bit of nostalgia, I think I will just have to paint one in homage to the paint job of the Wasp on Ral Partha Light Lance box set [10-802]  >:D
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #37 on: 28 July 2018, 12:14:49 »
Do we have images of the Royal Shadow Hawk yet?
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 28 July 2018, 13:31:22 »
So who do I mug/bribePM to try and get me a Valk or 2?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 29 July 2018, 13:53:24 »
Well hopefully It won't take too long after GenCon for the Wasp to go back into production and the Valkyrie to enter production :D

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: 30 July 2018, 09:00:22 »
Well hopefully It won't take too long after GenCon for the Wasp to go back into production and the Valkyrie to enter production :D

I know this is nit-picking, but: Did they actually announce an official return to production? It says that a small number will be available in the booth, but it doesn't actually say what IWM's longer-term plans might be.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #41 on: 30 July 2018, 09:18:46 »
And they didn't say it wasn't. Nor did they say there'd be a limited edition 8" Natasha Kerensky figure, with optional tee-shirt. Or not.

IWM bust a gut to get some to GenCon. I believe we can take that as a positive sign - at the busiest time of the year for them, they did that. Let them come back from GenCon, shed the con crud, and update their schedules.

Go forth, and pick nits no more ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #42 on: 30 July 2018, 09:30:50 »
And they didn't say it wasn't. Nor did they say there'd be a limited edition 8" Natasha Kerensky figure, with optional tee-shirt. Or not.

Yes Please!  :D :D :D
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: 30 July 2018, 11:10:29 »

IWM bust a gut to get some to GenCon. I believe we can take that as a positive sign - at the busiest time of the year for them, they did that. Let them come back from GenCon, shed the con crud, and update their schedules.

Go forth, and pick nits no more ;)

Oh, I take it as an extremely positive sign. I just don't want Speck to have to go into "expectation management mode" too often before they actually announce something.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #44 on: 31 July 2018, 16:56:08 »
Regarding the Wasp & Valkyrie . . . the Wasp production was halted when the lawsuit came out, and the Valkyrie was supposed to be the next quarter's mini IIRC- I was wanting a Marauder or Warhammer!  enough of the lights!-  While it takes some time to plug it back into the schedule I imagine, this is probably left over Wasp inventory from the hold and maybe the first runs of the Valkyrie . . . hopefully they are plugged back into blocks at some point.

And since those MAD-7D arms really look like they belong on a Classic MAD-3R . . . hopefully that is on the way.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #45 on: 01 August 2018, 08:16:16 »
And since those MAD-7D arms really look like they belong on a Classic MAD-3R . . . hopefully that is on the way.

Nope. Different source art, and completely different project. One's been complete for a year, the other hasn't even been discussed.