Author Topic: Rasalhague Dominion: The voting will continue until morale improves!  (Read 47327 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Re: Rasalhague Dominion: The voting will continue until morale improves!
« Reply #120 on: 21 February 2023, 10:45:51 »
Between the rarity of BR armor and the rarity of ammo types that penetrate hardened armor, I don't see it as being a serious issue.  Armor Piercing autocannon rounds are pretty terrible, I don't see the problem in making them a tiny bit more useful.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #121 on: 21 February 2023, 11:05:11 »
So different topic: do the Bears have access to any BA that mount BA LB-X?

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #122 on: 21 February 2023, 11:37:47 »
So different topic: do the Bears have access to any BA that mount BA LB-X?

I don't think we do anymore, we used to have access to Ironhold suits, but they've been taking off of our MUL listing sadly
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #123 on: 21 February 2023, 15:00:05 »
Not really, no. The 3 suits that have BA LB-X are the Black Wolf (LB-X), the Ironhold (Anti-Tank), Thunderbird Upgrade (LB-X), and the Thunderbird II. None of those have availability for the Dominion.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #124 on: 21 February 2023, 15:10:42 »
Huh.  You'd think that between their love of battle armor and having the Horses as neighbors, the Dominion would have loved the BA LB-X.

Maybe there will be something in Record Sheets 3150, whenever they finally come out.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #125 on: 21 February 2023, 16:54:20 »
You’d think we’d see the thunderbird with both the combine and cats using them. But I guess BA is more likely to be fully wrecked than other combat units.

Idk how much more BA we can reasonably get. The Rec Guides added the Elemental III, and the Mercs series added half a dozen more. 3150 NTNU has another 5.

We could get a BA lbx on the Callisto, but it’s not really useful at one per point
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #126 on: 21 February 2023, 17:36:03 »
Huh.  You'd think that between their love of battle armor and having the Horses as neighbors, the Dominion would have loved the BA LB-X.

Maybe there will be something in Record Sheets 3150, whenever they finally come out.
According to the MUL:
Horses have access to the Black Wolf
Both sets of Falcons have the Ironhold
Clan Protectorate (by way of the Nova Cats) has both Thunderbirds

Basically all of the Dominion's current/former Clan neighbors have the BA LB-X. It may just come down to tactics and usage. Yes, the BA LB-X has its benefits, but I think the RD just prefers to use other weapons in similar roles. Most of the time an SRM rack can give that crit-seeking, maybe not as many clusters, but slightly better brackets. Anything that needs as many crit rolls as a point of BA LB-X can always just call in something that fills multiple other rolls like an Onirus C or a Fire Moth P.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #127 on: 21 February 2023, 17:59:20 »
I mean we already have a good chunk of different BA Designs that they could adapt: the aforementioned brand new Callisto, the Rogue Bear maybe, the Golem variant we have with the Bearhunter AC’s.

The RecGuides are ‘finished’ (we’d all love more of course) so I highly doubt too many more designs are going to populate the universe anytime soon (unless IlKhan’s Eyes gives us anything). I honestly believe this will be limit of our designs until the next major TRO, if TWO 3150 ever comes lol

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #128 on: 21 February 2023, 18:30:19 »
I more meant there isn’t a lot more room for development of BA. Maybe squad weapon mounts will catch on, but the Callisto shows how limiting they are.

A few new variants maybe, but the AP Gauss is king shit of BA weapons outside of critting something to death.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #129 on: 22 February 2023, 18:21:22 »
Rec guides finished up on the MUL.

We get the Blood Asp in ilClan era.

It’s got some wonky crit placement but it’s a nice addition

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #130 on: 22 February 2023, 21:04:23 »
Yeah, it's a good solid machine, even if some of the configs are wonky.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #131 on: 22 February 2023, 22:18:55 »
I've always been more of a fan of the savage coyote than the blood asp.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #132 on: 22 February 2023, 22:42:04 »
I’d rather have that too, our lighter Assault units are almost all regular mechs, not Omnis. I’m surprised it’s still around anywhere tho

But a 4/6 XL chassis isn’t bad, although it’s rougher than usual with its weird crits and configs.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #133 on: 22 February 2023, 22:56:01 »
I've always been more of a fan of the savage coyote than the blood asp.

the Blood Asp fills a role that the Bears haven't had a 'Mech for for a while, a fast Assault Omni that can actually mount an Assault 'Mech's loadout (ie. not a Kingfisher or Executioner)

at least we have the Mastadon and access to the Turkina which fill the same role as the Savage Coyote
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #134 on: 22 February 2023, 23:01:20 »
the Blood Asp fills a role that the Bears haven't had a 'Mech for for a while, a fast Assault Omni that can actually mount an Assault 'Mech's loadout (ie. not a Kingfisher or Executioner)

at least we have the Mastadon and access to the Turkina which fill the same role as the Savage Coyote

Kek I've never looked at it and thought of it as a fast assault . Turkina is just..it's ugly to the point I almost refuse to use one.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #135 on: 22 February 2023, 23:02:42 »

Kek I've never looked at it and thought of it as a fast assault . Turkina is just..it's ugly to the point I almost refuse to use one.

thankfully you've got Mastadons to play with then ;)
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #136 on: 22 February 2023, 23:05:59 »
thankfully you've got Mastadons to play with then ;)
At least my level of stubbornness isnt surprising ^_^. I'd really like us to start building Tomahawk II's,I've become enamored with it over the last decade.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #137 on: 22 February 2023, 23:14:44 »
At least my level of stubbornness isnt surprising ^_^. I'd really like us to start building Tomahawk II's,I've become enamored with it over the last decade.

I have one ear marked for my command star once I do another IWM order

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #138 on: 22 February 2023, 23:29:55 »
I like the Blood Asp for style. Plus it's actually a decent assault on its own merits.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #139 on: 22 February 2023, 23:37:46 »
I have one ear marked for my command star once I do another IWM order
I have one I've needed to assemble for years but so many pieces I've always found an excuse not to build it,which is why I love the plastic minis. I use them in my wolf nova Trinary and they absolutely rock.

I like the Blood Asp for style. Plus it's actually a decent assault on its own merits.
You're a blood spirit fan,you're obligated to say that ;).

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #140 on: 22 February 2023, 23:57:57 »
I too actually like the Blood Asp's aesthetics, in fact, the very first 'Mech I ever played was a Blood Asp

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #141 on: 23 February 2023, 00:02:33 »
I too actually like the Blood Asp's aesthetics, in fact, the very first 'Mech I ever played was a Blood Asp
Visually they look like a firemoth that drank steroid laced milk.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #142 on: 23 February 2023, 00:12:07 »

MechAssault 2 on Xbox was my first BattleTech game ever, and I fell in love with the Blood Asp there.

You're a blood spirit fan,you're obligated to say that ;).

As a Blood Spirit fan, I should spit on it for being named as an insult by the Adders, but it's just too pretty and fun.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #143 on: 23 February 2023, 00:14:19 »
Visually they look like a firemoth that drank steroid laced milk.

you're right!

this explains a lot actually, I did an art kitbash combining a Sagitairre and Locust, an Assault called an Uber Locust

must be I like the Light 'Mech on steroids look, lol :D

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #144 on: 23 February 2023, 00:47:56 »
I dislike the Blood Asp as a out of place computer game Mech, even more out of place in the Chaos March.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #145 on: 23 February 2023, 00:59:24 »

I'd prefer to see the Tomahawk I put into production rather than putting up another assembly line for the Tomahawk II.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #146 on: 23 February 2023, 03:13:08 »
I'd prefer to see the Tomahawk I put into production rather than putting up another assembly line for the Tomahawk II.

Seconded.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #147 on: 23 February 2023, 06:13:12 »
We need a new line anyway, we don’t make a 100t standard chassis.

And also, why?

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #148 on: 23 February 2023, 08:43:26 »

Maybe all the Tomahawk II needs is more variants.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #149 on: 23 February 2023, 09:55:25 »
Maybe all the Tomahawk II needs is more variants.

It does need something that is more than 5 and 10 point clusters.